2018 Bendigo Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw a notice recently advertising an unpcoming reunion for The Kennington Football Club. Does anyone please have the details for this. Lost where I saw the info? Cheers

Saw a notice recently advertising an unpcoming reunion for The Kennington Football Club. Does anyone please have the details for this. Lost where I saw the info? Cheers

I remember reading somewhere that Rick Townsend of the South Bendigo Football Club (President I think) has a Kennington background and something to do with this reunion. Check South's website for his details.

I remember reading somewhere that Rick Townsend of the South Bendigo Football Club (President I think) has a Kennington background and something to do with this reunion. Check South's website for his details.
Yep played with Rick at Saints so thanks

Interesting round of footy to be played. I'll be heading over the bridge to see the 2 in form teams right now Sandhurst and Eaglehawk.

If Golden Square can't upset Strathfieldsaye this weekend it'll be Golden Square Vs Gisborne next week winner to take 5th spot in the finals?

Agree, great post. Unless the 'little' things are done properly, then the bigger picture cant be fixed. IMO the Bendigo region needs a bomb put under it and a total rebuild.
Sorry guys..but your league website is a joke. Who is in charge of it need a swift kick up the behind. Lacks professionalism and reflects badly on the competition. Its a bit like not updating a website for a couple of years..really disappointing!

The Live scores on the BFNL website this week show Eaglehawk winning the reserves in contrast to the Results section of the website which shows Sandhurst winning. (Mind you, last year in the preliminary final they did the exact opposite!!!).

Then nothing from the senior match for Live scores in one of the major games for the year.

This is beyond pathetic - beyond a joke, beyond anything I can describe. If anyone from the BFNL administration reads this you are a disgrace.

The Live scores on the BFNL website this week show Eaglehawk winning the reserves in contrast to the Results section of the website which shows Sandhurst winning. (Mind you, last year in the preliminary final they did the exact opposite!!!).

Then nothing from the senior match for Live scores in one of the major games for the year.

This is beyond pathetic - beyond a joke, beyond anything I can describe. If anyone from the BFNL administration reads this you are a disgrace.

With the amount of money the hub brings in, not to mention the amount of people that seem to work there, it’s amazing they can’t keep it up to date.

With the amount of money the hub brings in, not to mention the amount of people that seem to work there, it’s amazing they can’t keep it up to date.
I sent an email to the League Saturday via the web site expressing my opinion re the Live Scores but not convinced it got there as it said correspondence turned off WTF

The Bendigo Football league and surrounds used to be the strongest area in Victoria. To see 2 teams without u/18s and then Golden Square 18's forfeit on the weekend there are serious issues. The Pioneers are a basket case so what the hell is going on down there? Something as simple as getting scores up on the web shouldn't be that hard. Its a poor reflection on the BFL

The Bendigo Football league and surrounds used to be the strongest area in Victoria. To see 2 teams without u/18s and then Golden Square 18's forfeit on the weekend there are serious issues. The Pioneers are a basket case so what the hell is going on down there? Something as simple as getting scores up on the web shouldn't be that hard. Its a poor reflection on the BFL

It’s been done to death, not just in our region, but a few others as well. But the region needs a massive rejuvenation in its competitions. They’ve been forced upon other leagues. Might be high time it happened in this area.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any response?
The Eaglehawk timekeeper for the seniors is adamant that it is NOT a timekeeper's job to fiddle around with an iPad all afternoon.

She says she and her co-person in the box have enough to0 do.

I suggest if you have issues take it up with the Eaglehawk FNL club.

It is clearly not a BFNL or AFL Central Victoria concern.

The Eaglehawk timekeeper for the seniors is adamant that it is NOT a timekeeper's job to fiddle around with an iPad all afternoon.

She says she and her co-person in the box have enough to0 do.

I suggest if you have issues take it up with the Eaglehawk FNL club.

It is clearly not a BFNL or AFL Central Victoria concern.

You are saying it is clearly not a BFNL concern? It is THEIR WEBSITE the score is meant to go on!!!!!! It is their reputation that suffers.

Besides, who says the timekeeper has to do it.

You are saying it is clearly not a BFNL concern? It is THEIR WEBSITE the score is meant to go on!!!!!! It is their reputation that suffers.

Besides, who says the timekeeper has to do it.
yeah it does not matter who does it but needs to be done
Maybe EHawk time keeper needs it to be explained why and if they cant do it ask for help

Can you blokes contact the responsible authority --- those who you see as responsible --- instead of constantly blurting about these matters on here

Which nobody except us readers (& writers) give a toss about Especially the BFL folks

After all who would put any credence about a a bunch of faceless (and nameless) bods --- keyboard warriors actually --- going on endlessly about whatever takes their fancy

BTW 'Macca' McGlashan the longtime Flat timekeeper will have absolutely nothing to do with live scores

There's another volunteer in the Dower Park timekeepers' box who taps away on the iPad

Remember all these people are volunteers, probably like a lot of you lads

Can you blokes contact the responsible authority --- those who you see as responsible --- instead of constantly blurting about these matters on here

Which nobody except us readers (& writers) give a toss about Especially the BFL folks

After all who would put any credence about a a bunch of faceless (and nameless) bods --- keyboard warriors actually --- going on endlessly about whatever takes their fancy

BTW 'Macca' McGlashan the longtime Flat timekeeper will have absolutely nothing to do with live scores

There's another volunteer in the Dower Park timekeepers' box who taps away on the iPad

Now read this and read carefully Fifth quarter. I have sent emails on this topic in the past and never got a reply. Can you understand these words - NEVER GOT A REPLY. It appears the same thing has happened to Bendigo Crow.

I also wrote a submission to the BFNL years ago proposing a Goldfields League. It was published in the Bendigo Advertiser under my name - Andrew Cathcart. Don't call me faceless.

The BFNL is responsible for what goes, or does not go in this instance, on its website. Can you get this simple fact it in your head.

Fifth Quarter I think you are firing shots at the wrong people
Aim ya shots at the League who have disconnected themselves
we are not asking to change the world but would just like consistent updates
and just an idea who ever updates the new scoreboard at the Flat now has more time and could update the live scores even if only 2 or 3 times a quarter
Not all members can be at every game your club plays !

Gents,
someone mentioned a few weeks back that the Flat was doing some interviews....any rumours on who ?

If they get the one I know of it will be a huge step in the right direction for the club. the club needs to unite and support whoever takes the job on and put ego and self interest aside
Thanks for the Rumour Roota ...not LOL I wait with baited breathe to hear.
Local or from a better League ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back