List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

I didnt say it wasnt, all i said is we had better get the picks spot on.

There will be no Presita's and like for us next year, makes it very hard to trade for young talent without a first rounder.

But if we get the pick correct, i dont care, happy days. :thumbsu:
Nah, there's no reason that we can't and shouldn't trade 2017's first to land Prestia. It'll take some imagination, like if GC want us to turn it into a 2016 first rounder and package it up with a second rounder, or a future gun like Dean Terlich... ;)

I don't think we've weakened our position re: Prestia much if any.

Edit: to clarify the rules...

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-08-06/future-trading-given-goahead-but-with-restrictions

All good baby :thumbsu:

Last edited:
The rule the way I think it goes is two consecutive picks from the same future draft, so you can't trade a first and second rounder from the one future draft. Eg now that we have traded our first from next year in this period we can't trade our second from next year today. Also, You must use 2 first round selections in a 4 year period at the draft as well.
I may be wrong but that's how I thought it worked.

Yep, you can't. We are either extremely convinced Prestia is coming no matter what, or we have been told he is zero chance to be a Demon.
No. You have to make a minimum of 2 forst round picks over a 4 year period. We eill have still made the two picks.

Anyone the story with watts. Heard a few whispers of a potential trade and nothing since. Has he been given a contract or still uncontracted?
He is contracted til end of 2016

Anyone the story with watts. Heard a few whispers of a potential trade and nothing since. Has he been given a contract or still uncontracted?

After yesterday you never know what we have in the pipeline but safe to assume watts will be a dees man

From what we understand would only be going for a gun player or a first rounder most likely next year. So I doubt he's going anywhere.

The rule the way I think it goes is two consecutive picks from the same future draft, so you can't trade a first and second rounder from the one future draft. Eg now that we have traded our first from next year in this period we can't trade our second from next year today. Also, You must use 2 first round selections in a 4 year period at the draft as well.
I may be wrong but that's how I thought it worked.
Yep that's the guts of it.

after the deals we have pulled the last couple of years I'm not to worried about Prestia next year, we'll probably trade our way back into the first round or with this new points system bundle a bunch of picks together that will keep GC happy. Maybe that deal this year was partly to build good faith with GC..?

Last edited:
after the deals we have pulled the last couple of years I'm not to worried about Prestia next year, we'll probably trade our way back into the first round or with this new points system bundle a bunch of picks together that will keep GC happy. Maybe that deal this year was partly to build a good faith with GC..?
I think the deal was entirely because it's ******* awesome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only were able to use the points system in our favour because the academies have produced top players this year. We can't asume the same is going to happen next year

We only were able to use the points system in our favour because the academies have produced top players this year. We can't asume the same is going to happen next year

I believe the Suns have got some very good prospects coming through next year actually, which can only help us if we're going after Prestia

AFL will probably completely revamp the system again anyway. Not sure I like the new system, but it does make the trade period a lot more interesting.

I believe the Suns have got some very good prospects coming through next year actually, which can only help us if we're going after Prestia
They do have our 1st pick and there own pick which would give them plenty of points already. I'm sure they will rather use those picks in the draft though so extra points may be needed

I'm beginning to think that jake carlisle is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Given the crowing by Bombers supporters over this deal and the lols they've had at St Kilda's expense over the past 15 hours, I'd get a massive happy if St Kilda could somehow pull out of the deal. Papers have only been lodged and it's not signed off, right? :rainbow:

Given the crowing by Bombers supporters over this deal and the lols they've had at St Kilda's expense over the past 15 hours, I'd get a massive happy if St Kilda could somehow pull out of the deal. Papers have only been lodged and it's not signed off, right? :rainbow:
I'd be shocked if something like this wasn't allowed for in the transfer regulations. Not a good look for the sport if the Saints end up getting screwed over like this. Also no one would want to trade with the Bombers again if they were revealed to have had any knowledge of the deal.

Should be a cooling off period on trades, ideally a season.

"I'd like to return one Lumumba and one Dawes, please. No store credit."

Buyer beware ..

We dont want GWS or GC having second thoughts .. and mind you its not the worse thing a AFL player has done and in a week will be long forgotten.

But its good to hear the Saints supporters squirm :)

Mahoney and Viney have left Etihad Stadium with nothing to report, declaring them done.

Thank god ... unless GWS were happy to take M.Jones and Terlich for Tomlinson ... I had a small fear we'd do something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back