Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

no hine special :(

guess we have to wait until draft day to see a hine special

So what does it mean that we didn't trade picks 30 and 48 for one pick? Considering to this stage, we have 4 INs (Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe and Moore) and 6 Outs, (Beams, Lumumba, Maxwell, Lynch, Ball & Clarke) that means we have got one pick at pick five, and Frost with a later pick, lets say pick 48, which is quite high for a Rookie Promotion, usually it is a 60's or 70's pick.

So that said, you would of thought that Hine would of merged the two picks 30 & 48 to one, and then delist one player more. But because he didn't do this merge of two picks, it sort of says we WILL delist another two.

Most likely, Dwyer, Armstrong, Ramsey or Oxley.

Dwyer isn't great, but I would be surprised if we delisted him. Armstrong would of came with a 2 year deal no doubt, and he did well when he got the opportunity. Ramsay maybe, some like him, and think he has a future, but I haven't been all that impressed with his games in the VFL. Oxley, unless he has been having setbacks, and his fitness is a concern, I reckon he is a keeper. I was really impressed by his games a while back now, and prior to the injuries. You'd think that baring injury, he would be safe.

To delist two, will be quite a task for the CFC. But as I said, to not merge to picks, even for a small upgrade on 30, indicates two more will go.

So what does it mean that we didn't trade picks 30 and 48 for one pick? Considering to this stage, we have 4 INs (Greenwood, Crisp, Varcoe and Moore) and 6 Outs, (Beams, Lumumba, Maxwell, Lynch, Ball & Clarke) that means we have got one pick at pick five, and Frost with a later pick, lets say pick 48, which is quite high for a Rookie Promotion, usually it is a 60's or 70's pick.

So that said, you would of thought that Hine would of merged the two picks 30 & 48 to one, and then delist one player more. But because he didn't do this merge of two picks, it sort of says we WILL delist another two.

Dwyer isn't great, but I would be surprised if we delisted him. Armstrong would of came with a 2 year deal no doubt, and he did well when he got the opportunity. Ramsay maybe, some like him, and think he has a future, but I haven't been all that impressed with his games in the VFL. Oxley, unless he has been having setbacks, and his fitness is a concern, I reckon he is a keeper. I was really impressed by his games a while back now, and prior to the injuries. You'd think that baring injury, he would be safe.

To delist two, will be quite a task for the CFC. But as I said, to not merge to picks, even for a small upgrade on 30, indicates two more will go.
Or no club was willing to trade a pick in the lower 20's for 30 and 48...

no hine special :(

guess we have to wait until draft day to see a hine special
I would say the Hine special might have been our trading with beams. FFS Hawks got pick 19 for a once in a generation forward. Beams is a good midfielder but there are plenty around. We got pick 5, 2nd BF from Kangaroos and a promising youngster who averaged 84 DT points in 6 games.

I would say the Hine special might have been our trading with beams. FFS Hawks got pick 19 for a once in a generation forward. Beams is a good midfielder but there are plenty around. We got pick 5, 2nd BF from Kangaroos and a promising youngster who averaged 84 DT points in 6 games.
True. I really hope we add another tall mid with our 1st round, that way we now have a tall midfield brigade to go with our mediums in greenwood, adams and freeman

Agreed, and I'm not sure if I have mentioned it elsewhere, but I think we did good

Where is Anzacday anyway?

Just worked out there are only 9 of the 23 Collingwood players left who played in the two 2010 grand finals.....wow. Wasn't this team the second youngest premiership team in history? Serious question - is Bucks going to last another 12 months?

Vey good questions indeed. I'd guess we will go in with two live picks only, five and 30, using the Frost promotion at 48. Would not shock me if Dwyer is delisted. With a gun to the head if we need to delist another perhaps its Ramsay.

Just worked out there are only 9 of the 23 Collingwood players left who played in the two 2010 grand finals.....wow. Wasn't this team the second youngest premiership team in history? Serious question - is Bucks going to last another 12 months?

Most actually retired, guess Buckley can't stop time. Sack him.

Only jesus knows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HAve you done any stats on how many players are usually left five years after the fact? You might be surprised to see the attrition is not far from normal. For example theres only 12 left from Geelongs 2012 team.

The second bit doesnt really follow from the first bit, although Bucks' future is a legitimate question, sure. Most of the goneski players are either the oldies, or they were traded for more than they're worth...or they were knobheads. We've brought in 8 first rounders in 3 years...the currency for that had to come from somewhere.

I'm more concerned we won't get any more than another 10 years out of him, but I think Eddie (who will also still be around then) will make it worthwhile for Bucks to stay on.
Now Leppa, what do you think another year then gone? Well based on your averages that seems about right doesn't it?

Interesting comparison would be - how many hawks players are left from the 2008 team- even if you pick your mark at say 2012, that'll be 4 years after the event. I'd be interested to know that- I'd assume a fair list turnover?

Interesting comparison would be - how many hawks players are left from the 2008 team- even if you pick your mark at say 2012, that'll be 4 years after the event. I'd be interested to know that- I'd assume a fair list turnover?
Very true - my easily distracted at work mind will have to look into this. Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back