Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Rookie him is ok with me.

He and Polec can stay there.

Ps: I genuinely dislike Polec, but I rate Walker as at least he tries his best
This is about where I land. It basically comes down to list spots and whether we need them. I have no issue retaining him if that's just to round out the list and he is the best case scenario to provide some support at list VFL and break glass in emergency AFL level. Personally, I'm not convinced we can't get better options now (partly based on how well Dawson performed off very little base) so I'd be inclined to part gracefully but it's obviously about the balance as a whole. We do need some more structure at VFL level as well and players that can come in and fill the same role at both levels.

Just a reminder the two organizations that didnt think twice about discarding him are playing off in a prelim final in three days time.

Then theres us. Already on holidays with our dicks in our hand doing f*** like usual in September.

Aim higher guys. We have Clarko now. It’s time to have some genuine ****ing ambition again.

Just a reminder the two organizations that didnt think twice about discarding him are playing off in a prelim final in three days time.

Then theres us. Already on holidays with our dicks in our hand doing f*** like usual in September.

Aim higher guys. We have Clarko now. It’s time to have some genuine ******* ambition again.
Plenty of ambition here. It simply comes down to list spots, I suspect if we get anything remotely like expected in the form of priority assistance his fate will be sealed if it isn't already.

So, with Logue now on board does he get a year to create competition for a spot and keep as injury/form back-up? Or cover for certain opponents?
Could he be used as a bulky stay-at-home forward, with Zurhaar ranging around the 50 and Larkey as a lead-up type? Its smaller and ground level forwards that were really missing though.

Or is the goose ready to come out of the oven?
Its hard to see him being of much trade value, especially already out of contract.

Corr and Ben McKay are poor one on one defenders. Look up the AFL one on one stats. Corr at one stage was rated the worse in the league while Ben was fourth worse.

Walker ain't.

Retain as a rookie on minimum.

Freo bloke was a good get.

Corr and Walker too old as we are three years away from finals. Corr has a few years to go so we have to stick with him unfortunately.

I like the splitting of number one pick as we need lots of players, including key backs with the right age profile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corr and Ben McKay are poor one on one defenders. Look up the AFL one on one stats. Corr at one stage was rated the worse in the league while Ben was fourth worse.

Walker ain't.

Retain as a rookie on minimum.

Freo bloke was a good get.

Corr and Walker too old as we are three years away from finals. Corr has a few years to go so we have to stick with him unfortunately.

I like the splitting of number one pick as we need lots of players, including key backs with the right age profile.
EA28EFD0-8DB1-48C2-9FF5-6A4CA35327A6.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back