Past #19: Josh Walker - drafted #23 '11 RD (GFC) - traded to BLFC end '15 - signed by NM as DFA end '19 - 54 NM gms/6 NM gls

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting.
If McKay goes down (concussion) and if one of Corr/Logue gets injured, who have we got?

Bonar?

Anyway thanks for your services Josh - gave it all.
Gee I don't know, what about the guy who already took his spot and kept him out of the side, Kallan Dawson?

When it is all said and done, Walker was a great pick-up for us. incredibly admirable.

However, we need to get to a position as a club where someone in the same position he was in when he came to us would never be considered again. A relic from a bygone era. Sick of this sh*t.

Right call, he's been serviceable but rather we take a punt on a couple of key position rookies.
I think we will finish last next year and will not be in a finals campaign for a couple of years so going young is the only sensible option.

I don't rate Corr, and he is too old as well, but has a long contract so he has to be retained.

Lack of big backs is a real worry.

I think we will finish last next year and will not be in a finals campaign for a couple of years so going young is the only sensible option.

I don't rate Corr, and he is too old as well, but has a long contract so he has to be retained.

Lack of big backs is a real worry.
I don't think we'll be last unless the uncertainty of coaching position derails the year, but I think we'll be bottom 4.
Definitely need some key forward and defender types who are in that 20-24 age bracket as depth.
Could even look at a ruckman if they're not convinced with Edwards as fourth ruck on the list. Plenty of options.
We'll have an ok best 22 that hopefully that allows us to develop Archer and Bergman young kids at VFL level whilst they build their bodies up.

He was a sound recruitment when we got him after the 2019 season. Had limitations but his upside was still good enough to warrant a spot in the 22. I think the frantic pace and stand rule has exposed him a little bit (as it did to other KPDs). Not to mention the absolute blistering pace the ball was coming into our defensive half languishing Noble's not so good game structures.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like Josh - kept Hawkins good before we eventually broke. But if just stays as a lock down and doesn’t do any cute shit would be great

Utmost respect for Josh.

I don’t think even he would have imagined the shifts he was forced to put in over the last 3 years.

It’s not his fault that the building collapsed around him.

Give him a life membership.

Psst. Brothers. Please.

Lets move on yeah. Come on.
Aim higher. Just a little. Its okay to be ruthless
You're probably right. We'll need another warm body in the VFL but hopefully we can just add them as a VFL player like it should be. It'll be a bit easier to attract a good tall to the club with Clarkson in the seniors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back