Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

These wakjobs will stop at nothing for a piece of RICHMOND IP , rutten, Caracalla Richardson who they prob sacked too early , woosha appt wasn’t his idea into Bachar last year and now this . They wanna be us , make no mistake.
You going to claim Caracella as ours? He spent 3 years here. He was a product of Sheedy who was a product of Hafey. So we let him do the rounds as asst coach including Geelong where he wins a flag.
Why did we want Hardwick? because of Hawthorn IP. Port Adelaide IP Essendon IP?
Hardly rocket science just a merry go round.
Half the coaches out there are ex Hawthorn assistant co. Like 18 of Hafey's boys coached.

I wrote a few post above that after watching dimma's words on him yesterday that if i had to bet on it, i would say he was coming back to us.

But, i can assure you that if he isn't..... everything else stands. It be gutted & it would completely change the way i see his legacy at the club. The way he retired was entirely sh*t. Dude quit on us after all the drafts etc, left us a man down. It sucked - Essentially, i lost a truckload of trust with him so i dare say that is why i am so hard on him about it. He appears to live in a different reality to everyone else sometimes
You do realise that his marriage broke down at this time, good chance he was in a bit more emotional turmoil than you.

The loyalty of our past assistants etc has been terrible. It's all good and well to accept another role etc, but to then use your previous role to steal IP and poach your former employers resources is ******* gross.

It's been horrible. Even Kingsley now open to leaving and the club themselves haven't sought out to replace all these missing pieces.

The loyalty of our past assistants etc has been terrible. It's all good and well to accept another role etc, but to then use your previous role to steal IP and poach your former employers resources is ******* gross.
Loyalty? So every assistant coach must come from your own club and can't work anywhere else? Thank f... the real world ain't like that. Cos carracella the great actually cut his coaching teeth in Geelong.
We were real lucky he swung past punt road for a few years.

Who cares if it's orchestrated? He hasn't played for us in years, and we've won 3/4 of the last 4 flags.

He's 31 with a history of knee problems, and weird scuttlebutt about why he left our club.

He can go and do what he wants, I'd prefer him not to come back to RFC, but that's just me. Keep developing Balta. Astbury hopefully has another year in him to help out, Grimes is Grimes. We don't need him.

he also quit, mid contract with zero warning on the club, AFTER all our drafts etc - a week before Christmas. He gave the fans zero chance to prepare or sayt goodbye, his exit speech was bland, flat and rang untrue. He left us with no chance of actually replacing him, & after we had already made all our delistings. Considering with the money we saved from his contract we used to re-sign Caddy, its safe to assume that IF he had made his feelings more clear earlier at the appropriate time, we may have been able to offer an improved to Brandon Ellis & keep him at the club, which at the moment - would make a huge difference - I would love to have Brando still at the club playing on the opposite wing to Pickett - there is no ifs or cuts on it, Rances timing was horrendous.

Don't let history cloud your memory mate, his quitting on us was incredibly selfish and poorly timed. The entire club was left dumbfounded - he hardly handled it like a pro of an adult. If he were to come back and go to our arch rival & play for a coach who used to work for us, while all the previous important people who mentored and built his career up for him while we was still there remain at Richmond... its not cool at all. No company would be impressed with that outcome, it would be a total dog act tbh

Last edited:
Loyalty? So every assistant coach must come from your own club and can't work anywhere else? Thank f... the real world ain't like that. Cos carracella the great actually cut his coaching teeth in Geelong.
We were real lucky he swung past punt road for a few years.

More speaking about how Rutten has gone after Houli and now Rance & other coaches have literally taken our game style, ethos etc and tried to make it their own at a competitor. Of course i am not saying what you suggest, that would make no sense.

You do realise that his marriage broke down at this time, good chance he was in a bit more emotional turmoil than you.

Mate, he is a bloody grown up. Lots and lots of people get divorced, have relationships fall apart etc. They all don't quit their job and react the way he did. He is a big boy wearing big boy pants - was literally a leader of the one of the biggest clubs in the country. Most people just request some time to step away when this stuff happens, not quit, walk out mid-contract etc. If he asked for 6 months off, the club would have given it - without question

I love the guy, & i fortunately don't have to prove that because i was the only guy a week ago who called it out that its ripe time for him to return. Despite me clearly being very very disappointed in his exit, I was more than happy to accept him back into our club with more than open arms - i pretty much called him our savior!

But, if he returns and decides to play for our arch rival - then he can go eat a bucket full of anuses. To walk out the way he did is one thing, we can all use mental health, marriage break ups to excuse his unprofessional exit - but to then join forces with your arch rival is about as low as it gets. People defending him need to wake up that if he is in fact doing that, he is not the guy we all thought he is - he is riding the Rance train, not the team, family one he preached. If he loved the club, his teammates & the supporters like he always said, then why the heck would he not want to come back here to finish his career properly?

As I said before if I had to bet who he came back to AFL to (if anyone) , it would be us. I am just making it abundantly clear that if he ended up at Essendon or Geelong - his legacy with the club and the supporters will be forever tainted. He should honestly expect no less

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing a friend a favour is driving him home after a night on the piss, or lending him your whipper-snipper. What kind of "friend" ask a favour which includes you playing footy after you have been effectively retired for 3 years at the 2nd highest level in the country, all while he is on a ******* holiday??? Do you reckon just ANYONE can play at VFL level if they HAVENT ALREADY BEEN TRAINING TO PREPARE FOR IT???? Anyone who believes this hogwash narrative has rocks in their heads! There is NO WAY Alex Rance would risk injruying himself playing VFL footy unless he felt confident his fitness levels are up to the standard. To play a bloke who has not done ANY work on conditioning himself to play at that level would be complete and utter negligence! He has CLEARLY been prepping himself for this otherwise both he nor Essendon would have no part of it!

The irony is Rance used the SAME BULLSHIT EXCUSE less than 1 month ago! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice?? No ******* chance

The person doing the favour here is Rutten - Alex is testing himself for a comeback. Its so bloody obvious fella's, take your blinkers off!! I literally gave you an article which showed you this was EXACTLY what Jordan did when he was planning his comeback.

Do you honestly believe that Rance just HAPPENED to be on holidays here at the time?? What kind of make believe reality do ya'll live in??

The only question is = who is he planning on coming back to? us or them?

Don't you think its a bit STRANGE that Essendon who could use a ready made KPD more than anything else have asked for a "chopout" from the 2 most experienced, available Free Agent defenders in the country in Rance & McCartin?? This is the same club which orchestrated the Mal Michael "retirement" coup! They are effectively getting a free test drive of both & ya'll are wishing him luck:joycat::joycat::joycat:
After he retired Dimma assistant coached at Hawthorn before he coached the tiges...he is free to work where he wants to without feeling guilty due to disloyalty...to Port? Essendon? Hawthorn? He is entitled to work where he chooses, the same goes for Rance. If you disagree, take him to court.
What was he doing in the forest anyway lol

What was he doing in the forest anyway lol
and without permission...

Last edited:
After he retired Dimma assistant coached at Hawthorn before he coached the tiges...he is free to work where he wants to without feeling guilty due to disloyalty...to Port? Essendon? Hawthorn? He is entitled to work where he chooses, the same goes for Rance. If you disagree, yake him to court.
So many levels of wrong. He definitely wouldn't have had permission to talk either ha

It's been horrible. Even Kingsley now open to leaving and the club themselves haven't sought out to replace all these missing pieces.

You’re saying the club is doing nothing on recruiting/replacing asst coaches? Interesting. You would then accept that if they are doing something it’s being done professionally i.e. not in the public arena.

he also quit, mid contract with zero warning on the club, AFTER all our drafts etc - a week before Christmas. He gave the fans zero chance to prepare or sayt goodbye, his exit speech was bland, flat and rang untrue. He left us with no chance of actually replacing him, & after we had already made all our delistings. Considering with the money we saved from his contract we used to re-sign Caddy, its safe to assume that IF he had made his feelings more clear earlier at the appropriate time, we may have been able to offer an improved to Brandon Ellis & keep him at the club, which at the moment - would make a huge difference - I would love to have Brando still at the club playing on the opposite wing to Pickett - there is no ifs or cuts on it, Rances timing was horrendous.

Don't let history cloud your memory mate, his quitting on us was incredibly selfish and poorly timed. The entire club was left dumbfounded - he hardly handled it like a pro of an adult. If he were to come back and go to our arch rival & play for a coach who used to play for us, while all the previous important people who mentored and built his career up for him while we was still there is not cool at all. No company would be impressed with that outcome, it would be a total dog act tbh

Don't let history cloud your memory mate, his quitting on us was incredibly selfish and poorly timed. The entire club was left dumbfounded - he hardly handled it like a pro of an adult. If he were to come back and go to our arch rival & play for a coach who used to play for us, while all the previous important people who mentored and built his career up for him while we was still there is not cool at all. No company would be impressed with that outcome, it would be a total dog act tbh
Maybe its time to...yawn, end this thread.

Melts like this are what happens when you put these blokes on pedestals and treat mere mortals as demigods.
I'll sum it for you quickly - players, coaches, their assistants etc. are paid employees of the club. It's their JOB.
They are free to change, jobs anytime, within reason, just as you are.
I'm guessing you are not in the same job you were in when you were first employed? No, you move on and better yourself or improve life for your family.
AFL personnel are exactly the same.
Might surprise you, but they are not unabashed, one-eyed, ultra-obsessed club fans like you.
It's their job and they are free to come and go.

Mate, he is a bloody grown up. Lots and lots of people get divorced, have relationships fall apart etc. They all don't quit their job and react the way he did. He is a big boy wearing big boy pants - was literally a leader of the one of the biggest clubs in the country. Most people just request some time to step away when this stuff happens, not quit, walk out mid-contract etc. If he asked for 6 months off, the club would have given it - without question

I love the guy, & i fortunately don't have to prove that because i was the only guy a week ago who called it out that its ripe time for him to return. Despite me clearly being very very disappointed in his exit, I was more than happy to accept him back into our club with more than open arms - i pretty much called him our savior!

But, if he returns and decides to play for our arch rival - then he can go eat a bucket full of anuses. To walk out the way he did is one thing, we can all use mental health, marriage break ups to excuse his unprofessional exit - but to then join forces with your arch rival is about as low as it gets. People defending him need to wake up that if he is in fact doing that, he is not the guy we all thought he is - he is riding the Rance train, not the team, family one he preached. If he loved the club, his teammates & the supporters like he always said, then why the fu** would he not want to come back here to finish his career properly?

As I said before if I had to bet who he came back to AFL to (if anyone) , it would be us. I am just making it abundantly clear that if he ended up at Essendon or Geelong - his legacy with the club and the supporters will be forever tainted. He should honestly expect no less
Who are you to judge what people feel and how they should react. He was 31 when he quit, not some kid in his prime. Maybe quitting was part of the solution that might save the marriage. I do not know, nor do you, but to be so high and mighty when you know squat about his personal situation. It's just football, it's just a game.

But, if he returns and decides to play for our arch rival - then he can go eat a bucket full of anuses. To walk out the way he did is one thing, we can all use mental health, marriage break ups to excuse his unprofessional exit - but to then join forces with your arch rival is about as low as it gets. People defending him need to wake up that if he is in fact doing that, he is not the guy we all thought he is - he is riding the Rance train, not the team, family one he preached. If he loved the club, his teammates & the supporters like he always said, then why the fu** would he not want to come back here to finish his career properly?

think you gotta let it go mate, things happen in life. You’ve been banging on about rance in every thread for2 years now across 2 accounts 😂 afl players careers are short in the overall picture of life, they gotta make decisions to help themselves at the end of the day

think you gotta let it go mate, things happen in life. You’ve been banging on about rance in every thread for2 years now across 2 accounts 😂 afl players careers are short in the overall picture of life, they gotta make decisions to help themselves at the end of the day

It's not like plenty of us have been telling him to let it go for more than 12 months.
Definitely, time for him to let it go. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back