Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Weirdly looks like it's a genuine VFL game going ahead with 5 top-up players coming in to the Essendon side - eth-dog has the teams and looks like Rance really is going to play, along with McCartin who (I think) was playing for Sydney's VFL side?

Thanks for that
The system is corrupt

For those ITK, is there any chance at all he comes back to us or has the ship fully sailed?

For those ITK, is there any chance at all he comes back to us or has the ship fully sailed?
He's not coming back back anything more than a run around for fun, hence the VFL stint

He's finished, and fwiw there is no story around his reitrement

These wakjobs will stop at nothing for a piece of RICHMOND IP , rutten, Caracalla Richardson who they prob sacked too early , woosha appt wasn’t his idea into Bachar last year and now this . They wanna be us , make no mistake.

The loyalty of our past assistants etc has been terrible. It's all good and well to accept another role etc, but to then use your previous role to steal IP and poach your former employers resources is ******* gross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is just doing a friend a favour. Let it go guys...

Doing a friend a favour is driving him home after a night on the piss, or lending him your whipper-snipper. What kind of "friend" ask a favour which includes you playing footy after you have been effectively retired for 3 years at the 2nd highest level in the country, all while he is on a ******* holiday??? Do you reckon just ANYONE can play at VFL level if they HAVENT ALREADY BEEN TRAINING TO PREPARE FOR IT???? Anyone who believes this hogwash narrative has rocks in their heads! There is NO WAY Alex Rance would risk injruying himself playing VFL footy unless he felt confident his fitness levels are up to the standard. To play a bloke who has not done ANY work on conditioning himself to play at that level would be complete and utter negligence! He has CLEARLY been prepping himself for this otherwise both he nor Essendon would have no part of it!

The irony is Rance used the SAME BULLSHIT EXCUSE less than 1 month ago! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice?? No ******* chance

The person doing the favour here is Rutten - Alex is testing himself for a comeback. Its so bloody obvious fella's, take your blinkers off!! I literally gave you an article which showed you this was EXACTLY what Jordan did when he was planning his comeback.

Do you honestly believe that Rance just HAPPENED to be on holidays here at the time?? What kind of make believe reality do ya'll live in??

The only question is = who is he planning on coming back to? us or them?

Don't you think its a bit STRANGE that Essendon who could use a ready made KPD more than anything else have asked for a "chopout" from the 2 most experienced, available Free Agent defenders in the country in Rance & McCartin?? This is the same club which orchestrated the Mal Michael "retirement" coup! They are effectively getting a free test drive of both & ya'll are wishing him luck:joycat::joycat::joycat:

Last edited:
hmp....

so just saw the interview of Dimma being asked about Rances come back...

FWIW, based on that if i had to bet on it - if he can get through the game well enough and etc, i think he will return to Richmond.

Doing a friend a favour is driving him home after a night on the piss, or lending him your whipper-snipper. What kind of "friend" ask a favour which includes you playing footy after you have been effectively retired for 3 years at the 2nd highest level in the country, all while he is on a ******* holiday??? Do you reckon just ANYONE can play at VFL level if they HAVENT ALREADY BEEN TRAINING TO PREPARE FOR IT???? Anyone who believes this hogwash narrative has rocks in their heads! There is NO WAY Alex Rance would risk injruying himself playing VFL footy unless he felt confident his fitness levels are up to the standard. To play a bloke who has not done ANY work on conditioning himself to play at that level would be complete and utter negligence! He has CLEARLY been prepping himself for this otherwise both he nor Essendon would have no part of it!

The irony is Rance used the SAME BULLSHIT EXCUSE less than 1 month ago! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice?? No ******* chance

The person doing the favour here is Rutten - Alex is testing himself for a comeback. Its so bloody obvious fella's, take your blinkers off!! I literally gave you an article which showed you this was EXACTLY what Jordan did when he was planning his comeback.

Do you honestly believe that Rance just HAPPENED to be on holidays here at the time?? What kind of make believe reality do ya'll live in??

Don't you think its a bit STRANGE that Essendon who could use a ready made KPD more than anything else have asked for a "chopout" from the 2 most experienced, available Free Agent defenders in the country in Rance & McCartin?? This is the same club which orchestrated the Mal Michael "retirement" coup! They are effectively getting a free test drive of both & ya'll are wishing him luck:joycat::joycat::joycat:

Who cares if it's orchestrated? He hasn't played for us in years, and we've won 3/4 of the last 4 flags.

He's 31 with a history of knee problems, and weird scuttlebutt about why he left our club.

He can go and do what he wants, I'd prefer him not to come back to RFC, but that's just me. Keep developing Balta. Astbury hopefully has another year in him to help out, Grimes is Grimes. We don't need him.

He's played the last two games before the latest lockdown for Seymour in the Goulbourn Valley League, and you can be sure he done a bit of training to do that, besides being naturally fit, so he hasn't just sitting on his backside doing nothing.

For all you know he could be thinking about coming back to Richmond, why do you assume he will be going elsewhere just because he's having a VFL game elsewhere.

He's played the last two games before the latest lockdown for Seymour in the Goulbourn Valley League, and you can be sure he done a bit of training to do that, besides being naturally fit, so he hasn't just sitting on his backside doing nothing.

For all you know he could be thinking about coming back to Richmond, why do you assume he will be going elsewhere just because he's having a VFL game elsewhere.

I wrote a few post above that after watching dimma's words on him yesterday that if i had to bet on it, i would say he was coming back to us.

But, i can assure you that if he isn't..... everything else stands. It be gutted & it would completely change the way i see his legacy at the club. The way he retired was entirely s**t. Dude quit on us after all the drafts etc, left us a man down. It sucked - Essentially, i lost a truckload of trust with him so i dare say that is why i am so hard on him about it. He appears to live in a different reality to everyone else sometimes

Who cares if he does go somewhere else anyway? I’ll never hate on him as he was a great at our club while he was there. When he left, the replacement in his role was Grimes, and hasn’t he been a star in that role!! Then we trained Balta up for the role as he will succeed Grimesy.
Rancey is a player I really loved in the side but he’s 33 next year and we’ve moved on from him. If he came back to RFC, would I be happy? You betcha, but I’m not going to carry on if he goes elsewhere. Was a key element of our rise to success and I wish him nothing other than great things in what he does in his life

I’ve got a freeway to sell you , it leads onto a bridge

The comeback game this weekend will be like a tree falling in the woods, no crowds allowed, so if no'-one is there to see it did it actually happen ;)

hmp....

so just saw the interview of Dimma being asked about Rances come back...

FWIW, based on that if i had to bet on it - if he can get through the game well enough and etc, i think he will return to Richmond.
Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man Gif - IceGif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back