Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

good to see him playing again i guess

am hating all this talk about what team he should go to if he decides to make a comeback. sunday footy show mentioned like 3 other clubs he would suit but not us...they can all * off!!! hes ours :(

He looks like he could slot into our backline today and still be one of our best. Come back Rance :(

It’s interesting how many non-Richmond supporters gloss over the fact that we won 2 Premierships without one of the best defenders in the league being available

And i continue to not give to shits what you tell me & do it my own way. Tell the truth and don't bother trying to win fanboys hearts.

FFS - last week when i was celebrating him and saying he needs to come back ya'll were telling me will never happen - blah blah blah blah

A week later he is playing on ******* national TV in the VFL. It pays to think outside the square and in your own unique way, you see stuff that everyone else doesn't,

As I have said though.... my bet is on him coming back to Richmond based on Dimma's words on him on Fox. Dimma looked like my son trying to tell a lie, couldn't keep a straight face when he said he "hasn't spoken to him about a return"

It's on biatches! Enjoy the ride & enjoy the greatest sports story in history! And we were here for the entire thing!!
Really? You read all from Dimmas Presser?

1 qtr in, a solid "B"

Hasn't had too many 1 on 1;s but has not been beaten.

touches, - 4 kicks +1 HB, all hit targets. A goal-line contest which saved a possible goal for a rushed behind. His kicking looks better than i even remember it - switching & linking into play beautifully.

Hopefully we see him in more 1 on 1s, extremely windy conditions

Really? You read all from Dimmas Presser?

I got balls mate, I am ok with making a call based on what i see. If im wrong i am wrong. Dimma overracted his shock and horror he was playing for Essendon - was trying to deflect bigtime.

Someone mentioned here that they spoke on one of the footy shows about 3 teams that could use him -what were the 3 teams

If he came back not for us, some questions about the club and why he left have gotta be asked...

He looks like he could slot into our backline today and still be one of our best. Come back Rance :(

It’s interesting how many non-Richmond supporters gloss over the fact that we won 2 Premierships without one of the best defenders in the league being available

Tbf we never had Hurley

I got balls mate, I am ok with making a call based on what i see. If im wrong i am wrong. Dimma overracted his shock and horror he was playing for Essendon - was trying to deflect bigtime.

Someone mentioned here that they spoke on one of the footy shows about 3 teams that could use him -what were the 3 teams

If he came back not for us, some questions about the club and
why he left have gotta be asked...

The last line is your best comment by far

His first half was as solid as you could have hoped. 1st Quarter he played more a 3rd tall sweeper, being a link up.

2nd qrt he started slow & looked like a few times he was standing off to the side getting in a few breaths, but the 2nd half he threw himself into the contest more and more and could be audibly heard directing the backline more and more. He fought hard in one on ones, won a few free's and his disposal, which was never his strong point, is as good as i ever really remember it being.

Physically, he looks every bit the part of an AFL player - he is a class above as a visual athlete, body wise.

If this guy isn't planning a comeback, he has certainly been keeping himself fit enough while he certainly considers one

People questioning if he could physically be ready, he is clearly 1 pre-season away from being at the level required

Good game from him so far, doing a fair bit of coaching as well, should be a valuable pickup for whoever ends up with him.

I agree that he could quite easily end up playing AFL again, although, Rance is a different type of cat so we will see.

I think after how today has panned out, Essendon would be in the box seat to get him on a 1-2 year deal now.

I agree that he could quite easily end up playing AFL again, although, Rance is a different type of cat so we will see.

I think after how today has panned out, Essendon would be in the box seat to get him on a 1-2 year deal now.

From a coaching standpoint alone, someone like him would be great for Essendon's young defensive group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The last line is your best comment by far

It is hey?

I've been re-reading a bit of older Rance interviews about the club prior to his retirement - he could not have spoken more highly of his pride in being a part of it

If he came back and decided to go elsewhere, the question of why is glaring

Here is a nice one to re-read that shows him vocalising what it all means to him to be part of this group. Its essentially the same group of players, why would he not come back if he we welcome? As a supporter, i certainly would feel a bit insulted and rejected. couldn't imagine how the playing group would feel

Yeah this is the type of photo us Tigers fans don’t really want to see, but you can tell Rance is well and truly into it, mentoring. All eyes are on him.
View attachment 1186353

argh, that is the risk. That a young team like Essendon has sold him the idea of being a playing assistant coach where he can mentor and lead a group of you men to the top. If thats what he wants to do, then we are toast as we can't even commit to playing our best young kids like RCD, Naish, Dow etc

argh, that is the risk. That a young team like Essendon has sold him the idea of being a playing assistant coach where he can mentor and lead a group of you men to the top. If thats what he wants to do, then we are toast as we can't even commit to playing our best young kids like RCD, Naish, Dow etc
Playing with the purpose of teaching as opposed to playing with the purpose of winning also aligns much better with his religious beliefs. The violent and competitive side of sport is frowned upon by Jehovah's Witnesses, but the teamwork and fitness side is encouraged.

It is hey?

I've been re-reading a bit of older Rance interviews about the club prior to his retirement - he could not have spoken more highly of his pride in being a part of it

Here is a nice one to re-read that shows him vocalising what it all means to him to be part of this group. Its essentially the same group of players, why would he not come back if he we welcome? As a supporter, i certainly would feel a bit insulted and rejected. couldn't imagine how the playing group would feel

, Rance ain’t coming back to Richmond and youre the only one that GAF , I’ll give you the bad news now home boy , there was one player that always troubled Rancey, he wears no 19 and is now a dual premiership player so put that In ya pipe and smoke it

Playing with the purpose of teaching as opposed to playing with the purpose of winning also aligns much better with his religious beliefs. The violent and competitive side of sport is frowned upon by Jehovah's Witnesses, but the teamwork and fitness side is encouraged.
Do you think winning so often was against his creed 😗

It is hey?

I'm not sure why this is so hard to get.
I'll simplify it.
Twelve to seven years ago I was the manager at my workplace, in charge of roughly 20 employees.
To this day I remain very proud of what I achieved at said workplace, my contribution to its ongoing prosperity and in particular the role I played in having an influence on some young lives (my staff).
But I left to pursue another challenge.
I can still be proud of what I achieved, my contribution and recall my time there largely with fondness. Yes, I was and still am PROUD of my contribution and PROUD of the opportunity, but now I am somewhere else.
Pride is not exclusive - you can be proud of numerous things. You can still have pride in things you did previously while being involved elsewhere.
I am sure Brandon Ellis is damn proud of his time and contribution at the Tigers, as would Dan Butler.
Again the AFL is a JOB - a profession - players do what they have to.
With the greatest respect to you, I enjoy and welcome your posts each day, and there are many things we agree on - some we disagree on. But if you'll take some advice (you'll probably tell me to f*** off), let this Rance thing go.
He's given us plenty as a player and employee - he owes us nothing more.

How the fu** is it foolish to think he would comeback when he is making guest appearances every other week? lol. There is bloody good reason to think he is, especially after he performed very well today.

If he isn;t coming back as a player he will be a coach at Essendon soon enough. He is looking to get back involved in footy

Because he’s said it multiple times that he doesn’t want to come back to AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back