Senior 16. Jack Carroll

Remove this Banner Ad

16-carroll-jpg.1578900

Last edited by a moderator:
Not so sure about this. He had exposed form in his draft year as opposed to the Vic kids.

I was upset that we overpaid for Saad (who I love but a top 10 pick for a hbf is too much). Carrols selection made up for it in our overall trade/draft haul
overpaid for saad?

We use to have a big problem of not being able to find gems at lower picks and the second round was said to be a problem area for us. Over the last 5 drafts, we have taken TDK (30), Stocker (19), Kemp (17), Durdin (37), Carroll (41).

Philp (20) and Motlop (27) have not played in the seniors. Philp for two games but that was 2 years ago. That is some great recruiter and a high strike rate.
running out of things to blame......but we can do it.....

And all due respect this guys not afraid of contact
Exactly.

Look at the 1st contest for the night, got absolutely crunched. Saw it coming and wore it.

More importantly the ball never came close to leaving his hands. Says it all about Carroll, didn't panic.

LOB on the other hand would of dropped it like a hot potato, has so many times already.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Exactly.

Look at the 1st contest for the night, got absolutely crunched. Saw it coming and wore it.

More importantly the ball never came close to leaving his hands. Says it all about Carroll, didn't panic.

LOB on the other hand would of dropped it like a hot potato, has so many times already.

lobs composure and physicality has come a long way even compared to round 1

Mate I could go throuh and put together a highlights, or lowlights package on them all. But why would I waste my time with all due respect?

You and everyone knows he turns to water under physical pressure, lets not kid ourselves. And when he does he drops the pill.

Having said that, he has clearly been made aware of it and is working on it.

Mate I could go throuh and put together a highlights, or lowlights package on them all. But why would I waste my time with all due respect?

You and everyone knows he turns to water under physical pressure, lets not kid ourselves. And when he does he drops the pill.

Having said that, he has clearly been made aware of it and is working on it.

If he's done it so many times as you claim, it shouldn't be too hard to point to one or two examples.

I am not LOB's biggest fan but I think the criticism of him and his game has blown way out of proportion. It's a bit sad that a fair chunk of our supporter base are seeing fit to relentlessly go at a 22 year old.

Sure he hs a long way to go and he may never get there, but he's nowhere near as bad as many are suggesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's done it so many times as you claim, it shouldn't be too hard to point to one or two examples.

I am not LOB's biggest fan but I think the criticism of him and his game has blown way out of proportion. It's a bit sad that a fair chunk of our supporter base are seeing fit to relentlessly go at a 22 year old.

Sure he hs a long way to go and he may never get there, but he's nowhere near as bad as many are suggesting.
He's shown improvement even in the space of 4-5 games. If we can look for him to be that guy delivering into the 50 we will see a lot of sweet goal assists, like the ones to Martin and McKay (albeit McKay took the mark and slotted it from around 60m).

Jack’s field kicking is like having another LOB. Really smooth and precise.

Honestly, much as I like what LOB brings to the table, Carroll is a step up again.

It's not just the composure in traffic (though that's a huge plus), it's that he he hits the easy passes as well as the hard. LOB in full flight, with a long kick into the 50, is a beautiful thing to watch. But the short, easy kicks to open teammates have a habit of going way off target. Don't know if it's technique (better on the run than stationary) or intensity/focus (and the lack thereof when the game slows down), but Carroll showed in his debut game that he could weight both long and short passes to a teammate 's advantage, both on the run and off a single step.

I'd go so far as to say that Carroll is the one you want to find with the defensive exit kick as often as possible. Can move the play on up the wing, or come into the corridor, quickly and reliably.

It's hard when there are too many because there is no one or two that stand out.

If a fair chunk of our supporter base are down on him that pretty much reiterates what I have been saying, ie so many people can't be wrong.

He is trying though and who knows..

Voss has continually stated he loves a contest, to compete. Time will tell how long he will persists with someone who does not do it naturally.

As it stands I can't see LOB standing up in a big final, I just can't.

It's hard when there are too many because there is no one or two that stand out.
Seems a bit of a cop out to me. If it's happening so regularly, just one shouldn't be too hard to reference.

If a fair chunk of our supporter base are down on him that pretty much reiterates what I have been saying, ie so many people can't be wrong.

He is trying though and who knows..

Voss has continually stated he loves a contest, to compete. Time will tell how long he will persists with someone who does not do it naturally.
Conversely, if he's doing it as regularly as you seem to be suggesting, I find it very odd that Voss would tolerate it.

Which brings me back to the original point - not disputing he has done it - but perhaps not as regularly as you seem to be suggesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back