Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually laughed when he got possession at one point, immediately ducked his head without moving feet to "take on the tackler" as he is prone to doing unsuccessfully regularly and there was nobody there, looked up , waited for Adelaide dude to arrive then "take 2" ducked and fell on ground stunningly not getting pinged for holding the ball. Tragically, my highlight of the day.

I'll be curious to see if Clarkson/Viney get asked any questions re McDonald in the club Q&A.

ie - How does Luke McDonald make the starting 22 better as a player & captain?
Even if they do, they won't select that question to be answered unfortunately.

You know the one thing we always get from LMac is effort, unlike a few other cats from other clubs.

Output has been questionable but that’s about the strongest leadership I’ve heard since Ziebell around taking responsibility for poor performance from our leaders.

That gives me a glimmer of hope.

Not saying he’s a superstar but there’s no one else right now and I like what I heard today for the first time.

No flippant comments, just a determination to try and get better. Let’s see if these words get some translation into outcomes next week.

I would try if I was out there too.

He is pathetic.

That was uncomfortable viewing.
Uncomfortable but somewhat simultaneously soothing that at least we've heard from the horses mouth that they don't feel their performance is acceptable.

You'd never find a bloke who loves the club more than Luke, but it's not local footy and should be a performance based industry.

The first 7 weeks of the season seems to have aged him about 50 years too! He's looking defeated.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Uncomfortable but somewhat simultaneously soothing that at least we've heard from the horses mouth that they don't feel their performance is acceptable.

You'd never find a bloke who loves the club more than Luke, but it's not local footy and should be a performance based industry.

The first 7 weeks of the season seems to have aged him about 50 years too! He's looking defeated.

Sure was a performance .... based on footy catchphrases.

Didn’t sound scripted to me - if it was, he’d have been aligned with the messages Clarkson has been running repeatedly. It sounded like a genuine reflection that the kids are not the problem, he and other older players are.

So what happens now? Are they capable of being better?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t sound scripted to me - if it was, he’d have been aligned with the messages Clarkson has been running repeatedly. It sounded like a genuine reflection that the kids are not the problem, he and other older players are.

So what happens now? Are they capable of being better?

We start him in the middle and give him a chance to walk the walk.

He looked so deflated and definitely did not believe what was coming out or his mouth in relation to the "message to the fans"

Just gives a window into what the players are really feeling I suppose
Well you just need to skim read this thread to see how much toxic criticism he's receiving and why he would be so deflated. As a supporter base, we really are a bunch of campaigners.

It all shows the idiocy of those who claim he and others in the team aren't trying. They are clearly trying their guts out. Is it good enough? Obviously not, but you can't dispute that he's giving everything he's got.

It all shows the idiocy of those who claim he and others in the team aren't trying. They are clearly trying their guts out. Is it good enough? Obviously not, but you can't dispute that he's giving everything he's got.
In the depths of our despair, we tend to overlook how far back some of the senior players were in the preseason. McDonald didn’t start training until Christmas, Simpkin was knocked stupid, Corr lost weeks to an ankle

Not excuses, but perhaps an explanation

Well you just need to skim read this thread to see how much toxic criticism he's receiving and why he would be so deflated. As a supporter base, we really are a bunch of campaigners.
He gets paid 700k a year to perform at the elite level.

He’s been genuine pox for this whole season.

Whilst he doesn’t select himself, he deserves every piece of criticism that comes his way.

1 win from last 28 games.

It’s not us that are a bunch of campaigners

It’s the players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back