Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dunno how your captain can go through that game without laying a single tackle. Sellers and Ford (who was subbed out) were the other 2. Can we make Sheezel captain now, and I wouldn't be against making X vice for his work ethic and mongrel.
Especially when the ball is down that half of the ground most of the game.

Comben gave him a huge spray in a post goal defenders huddle. I suspect it was for leaving Ginnivan and kick chasing.
So a 2 game AFL defender knows more about where a player should be than a 186 game AFL defender. Says it all really.

Remember in 2020 I think it was when Luke played as a tagger of sorts for a month or two on Martin and Cripps and co and locked them down really very well as I recall it. Maybe it’s too late for him to do that at 29 yrs old but countering big bodied mids is our number 1 problem at present. He’d be better at it than Greenwood and could provide better attacking capability also. With Hardeman, Archer and Bergman looking suddenly like viable medium defender options in the backline, maybe that’s how we can use him best.

Remember in 2020 I think it was when Luke played as a tagger of sorts for a month or two on Martin and Cripps and co and locked them down really very well as I recall it. Maybe it’s too late for him to do that at 29 yrs old but countering big bodied mids is our number 1 problem at present. He’d be better at it than Greenwood and could provide better attacking capability also. With Hardeman, Archer and Bergman looking suddenly like viable medium defender options in the backline, maybe that’s how we can use him best.
Sadly, even though at no point was he considered fast, he has lost what ever pace he had. Plus his really average fitness base and reality that he’d just have no hope in stoppages, I don’t think it’s him.

If he’s going to play could he make it as a bit of a local level medium forward? Occasionally takes a nice mark, and gets him out of the backline as a bonus.

Not quite the anchor, Jys contract is looking like I guess.

No way he gets another gig...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol simpkin is definitely not playing 100% since his last concussion. maybe hes hesitant because he knows if he gets another one thats his career done?

before the captaincy he has shown that hes capable of playing at the level consistently. whether the weight of the captaincy and the concussion/s have played on him a bit? who knows. but all i know is that leading this team through the current s**t fight we're in, would not be easy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kicked it out on the full with little pressure on his preferred.

Then had the ball ripped away from him and then had Rankine make him look like the spud he is.

Why?
Imagine being Hardeman or any young player around him seeing your club captain so what he does.
Grabs the ball then ducks his head into Tex. Lucky to get away with that one but plenty of howlers before & after that.
Could Bergman be any worse?

Its a social experiment at this point

scared marge simpson GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back