Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched him closely - he made four absolute howling mistakes in the first 8 minutes and another four before I stopped counting and started laughing. Saunters around doing side steps like a circus act and wastes a lot of energy doing stupid things that have no impact on the game.

He's an experienced player who offers none of the benefits an experienced player should. He has a detrimental effect on our young players setting such a bad example. How did this VFL standard footballer get such a long deal? Pay him out and get him out.

Last edited:

The situation is actively making me legitimately angry.

If he plays again next week then we are taking the piss.

Young (and a few not-so-young) players like Pink, Phillips, Lazzaro, Drury, Greenwood and Stephenson yo-yo in and out of the AFL squad supposedly based on 'form', yet this ******* guy who calls himself our Captain plays worse than every single one of them and is apparently undroppable.

I'm sick of it.

Not quite the anchor, Jys contract is looking like I guess.

No way he gets another gig...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Really?

Not sure what gives you that sort of confidence given he’s been rubber stamped as captain of the club and gets picked in the side every week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they go early on an extension.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it can't be easy being the captain of this team, he actually makes us worse, not better. A good captain lifts those around him, even those without that much talent or skill. I'm sure he is a 'good bloke' but we don't need a 'good bloke', we need an uncompromising leading beast who brings out the best in all around him.

View attachment 1972718

Posted this nearly 6 years ago and nothing’s changed.

It just never clicked for Luke and he has never got close to getting the absolute best out of himself. Once his career is finished I reckon he’ll regret never taking it seriously.
Funny you quote me. Iirc still hasnt had a run in the magoos?

Really?

Not sure what gives you that sort of confidence given he’s been rubber stamped as captain of the club and gets picked in the side every week.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they go early on an extension.
If there was even banter about a contract extension, Rawling would be chucked in the Yarra with concrete boots on...

Massive potato that was mistakenly voted in by a bunch of kids that didn't know better

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

It just never clicked for Luke and he has never got close to getting the absolute best out of himself. Once his career is finished I reckon he’ll regret never taking it seriously.

Yeah but how is McDonald management and events going? I hear they're doing great deals on corporate boxes!

You know the one thing we always get from LMac is effort, unlike a few other cats from other clubs.

Output has been questionable but that’s about the strongest leadership I’ve heard since Ziebell around taking responsibility for poor performance from our leaders.

That gives me a glimmer of hope.

Not saying he’s a superstar but there’s no one else right now and I like what I heard today for the first time.

No flippant comments, just a determination to try and get better. Let’s see if these words get some translation into outcomes next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back