Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets give what the fans want. YES! Merrit will ******* s**t his hole. Less go boys!
Not likely. They both played for Cobden so they'd know each other, even despite their age difference. The Merrett family are well known in the district and most of the boys were decent players.

If Cunners is going to line up somebody for the famous one-inch-gut-punch then it has to be Stringer.

Last edited:
Will cunners still play vfl next week to try get the team into finals?

Or is this him done at all levels
Based on nothing at all, I reckon he plays. Seems to have a bit of a bond with that group. I know that it may seem strange that his last matches are VFL, but not much different to playing a bit of country football after AFL retirement.

Not likely. They both played for Cobden so they'd know each other, even despite their age difference. The Merrett family are well known in the district and most of the boys were decent players.

If Cunners is going to line up somebody for the famous one-inch-gut=punch then it has to be Stringer.
😂 Zach brings down the town with his hair pull on NatNui. Cunners wouldn’t agree with tugging on another mans hair. Also, I grew up in a small rural town and played in the town. Sometimes the local flog deserves a big dont argue.

In the 70’s our club captain champion broke a team mates jaw in a contest in a prelim because he was more about himself than the team and didn’t want him playing in the GF. Club went on to win the flag without the glory midfielder.

Just because someone is from the same town doesn’t mean they get along.

I didn’t articulate that well. In essence a future 500 game, club legend, multiple league bnf champion broke his own team mates/local jaw during a game so they would win flags.

It’s a crowded market, and now he is on the farm I think he’ll shift to dairy, but I’d buy a side.
Just searched ASIC and it looks like he ditched the Shinboner corporate alias a few years ago. :(

1691668261169.png

Thanks for the tip though, I wouldn't mind giving up all this screentime for a simple dairy farmer life.

Yes, it is great to celebrate Cunners, but it has been very revealing how comfortable our players are with their limitations.
Cunners joking about being the worst runner in the league for 10 years.
Zurhaar joking that he can't touch his toes on Triple M.
Goater joking that he will come last in the running now (Shuttle Test).

Yes, it is great to celebrate Cunners, but it has been very revealing how comfortable our players are with their limitations.

This glaringly shows how lazy and uninspiring our training methods and standards are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair observation that

What are your thoughts on the congratulatory bum tap/fist bump session after jogging one slow lap of the centre square?

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of curiosity whree does Ben Cunnington live nowadays (I assume he is no longer in Cobden) What local footy team is going to knock on his door looking for a 40+ possession mid fielder?

Seeing Andrew Swallow back in the club.

Proud Emma Stone GIF

That will change quickly when the new draftees come in and start pushing for their spots in the side imo.
Once there is selection pressure they're gonna have to pull the finger out, otherwise Clarko and Viney won't put up with that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back