Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The feeling in the crowd around his goals was absolutely electric. Fully teared up after both of them. I really only started following footy in 2007 so it's really weird and surreal to see a guy who's career I've followed from start to finish over that journey finish up like this, definitely not a feeling I'm used to. The North Melbourne of today feels so far away from what we used to be but in those moments it was like nothing's changed at all. Have to keep believing that it can return again. Hard to imagine what we'll be without Ben Cunnington, he's really the heart of the club, hopefully the young guys coming through can be inspired by the great man and rise to fill his shoes.

Absolutely loved being at today's game. I hope he felt the love from the crowd every time he got the ball. Kudos to * fans for staying and applauding Ben on his way off the field when they could have just as easily gone home. Still can't quite believe we will never see him again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back