Past #10: Ben Cunnington - will retire from the AFL after * game - 238 games/95+ goals/2x Syd Barker Medalist/Shinboner - thanks for everything Cunners

Remove this Banner Ad

You need to take a long hard look at yourself. Clearly the bloke meant a fukc tonne more to them than he did to you.
**** have a spell mate. Captains balling their eyes out, captains should embrace him and walk up to him staunch. ****ing have a spell, perhaps you should curl up in a ball and cry yourself over Jy crying himself to sleep.

* have a spell mate. Captains balling their eyes out, captains should embrace him and walk up to him staunch. ******* have a spell, perhaps you should curl up in a ball and cry yourself over Jy crying himself to sleep.
Take your own advice and have a spell.

* have a spell mate. Captains balling their eyes out, captains should embrace him and walk up to him staunch. ******* have a spell, perhaps you should curl up in a ball and cry yourself over Jy crying himself to sleep.

Just like JZ did.
Oh boy... you must have lost the plot or something. These guys are literally watching their mentors depart the club. Let them show emotion... would it have been better of they all showed nothing and then walked out the room without acknowledging the situation?

Let me guess, you vote for a "golf clap and fukc off" response.

Let the humans be humans, if you don't want them to be human maybe stop watching the "behind the scenes" footage and only watch game day.

Oh boy... you must have lost the plot or something. These guys are literally watching their mentors depart the club. Let them show emotion... would it have been better of they all showed nothing and then walked out the room without acknowledging the situation?

Let me guess, you vote for a "golf clap and fukc off" response.

Let the humans be humans, if you don't want them to be human maybe stop watching the "behind the scenes" footage and only watch game day.
DEPART!!! ITS NOT A ****IN EULOGY. FFS grow a pair of ****ing balls campaigner!

Its the CUNNERS thread not the Guy Sebastian thread

Is it just me that thinks the club captain should “hold it together” and not breakdown? Both out captains were a in mess. * me dead, he’s not dead! He retired. JZ wasn’t a balling mess. The captains need a harder edge to themselves. ****** embarrassing
FFS mate, read the room.

Only just managed to watch that footage. Can't believe that we won't see the great man in action again after Saturday. The place won't be quite the same without him.

What a truly incredible mark he has made on this club. I've never before seen a retirement announcement quite like this. Emotions like we have witnessed from so many, just do not pour out like that, without there being absolute authenticity to them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone got any spare tickets for this weekends game?
Would love to take the fiancee down to marvel to see us get one of our few wins this year!

What? That is not the point I was making whatsoever. If you want to weep, go ahead. Im someone who cherishes, admires and respects. Not someone who weeps, cries and feels immense sadness.

My point was regarding CAPTAINS. Captains showing absolutely no ******* resilience. No ticker.
Or you're just not brave enough to have a cry, resilience has nothing to do with not shedding a tear when a close mate who has been through cancer and made it back to play tells you that he is retiring

When I grow up I wanna be like Ben Cunnington.

Is it just me that thinks the club captain should “hold it together” and not breakdown? Both out captains were a in mess. * me dead, he’s not dead! He retired. JZ wasn’t a balling mess. The captains need a harder edge to themselves. ****** embarrassing
I think you're way off the mark.

It really stood out to me how Jy and a couple of others like Archer were leaning in, making eye contact and being engaged in Cunners speech. If you've ever had to make a speech like that then you know how much that helps. Its the worst when people look away or hide their emotions. That makes you feel like an idiot for showing yours.

Its great leadership to be present in the moment with him and make him feel comfortable and not embarrassed.

Its not about death or never seeing them again. Its about being on a journey and it coming to an end. Its about a basic level of empathy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back