Geelong game moved and 4 put on LTI list

Remove this Banner Ad

enoenoeno

Team Captain
Nov 4, 2008
Hong Kong SAR China
AFL Club
Fremantle
Grover, Solomon, Thorton, Ruffles on LTI list?!

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/6909697/dockers-cats-game-switched/

"The Dockers have also opened up extra spaces on their senior list by placing Antoni Grover, Dean Solomon, Tim Ruffles and Scott Thornton on the long term injury list. They already had one position vacant because they only had one veteran on the list, so Fremantle can now upgrade five rookies."

I know it's The Worst so I have to ask ... any truth to this? :confused:

well i pick 2 pieces of good news there. the rookie elevations and also the game being played at freo oval. will definetly go now :):thumbsu:

personally on the rookie elevations, i would only raise the boys that will be playing. at this stage id elevate barlow and silvagni immediately... but then wait to elevate pearce, deboer and VB... i havent thought uch of deboer this preseason, id bring him back through the wafl, and then when he is dominating wafl, elevate him and bring him onto the main list. pearce has been good so id consider elevating him straight away, VB has also been good, though id put him in the same catagory as deboer

Don't get it KPR. DeBoer has looked pretty good to me.
We simply don't have anyone else of his ilk in the side. Crowley is the one he's always compared to and he (Crowley) has been awful.
Matt would be a monty for mine, as would Barlowe, Pearce.
JVB has been a surprise packet down back and may get up too.

Forecast is only 32 at this stage for Saturday but 38 for Friday. They wouldn't want it to get much hotter than 32 with a 1pm start, either 5 o'clock or even 10am like the Eagles game last week would probably have been better.

Makes sense moving it to Freo though, seemed silly to push the ground staff for a scratch match that will probably attract 5,000 people.

Excellent news all round.

Barlow, Silvagni, De boer and Pearce to be upgraded then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep forgot there were 5, it's a decent group to elevate that's for sure :thumbsu:

If Van Berlo comes in this week and does a decent job on, say, Stevie J...he'd be a monty for a BP in the first round.
If he can hold one down and Broughton the other it gives us a fair amount of flexibility with Roger.
HBF, wing, HFF, even FP.

We could conceivably have McPhee on the bench Mayne and Hayden on HFF...

Interesting

well i pick 2 pieces of good news there. the rookie elevations and also the game being played at freo oval. will definetly go now :):thumbsu:

personally on the rookie elevations, i would only raise the boys that will be playing. at this stage id elevate barlow and silvagni immediately... but then wait to elevate pearce, deboer and VB... i havent thought uch of deboer this preseason, id bring him back through the wafl, and then when he is dominating wafl, elevate him and bring him onto the main list. pearce has been good so id consider elevating him straight away, VB has also been good, though id put him in the same catagory as deboer
Why all the Silvagni love ,not big or strong enough for KPP , just another utility in the Drum mould,was pantsed against Kangas and only just serviceable against the Saints , behind Barlowe ,De boer and Pearce and level with VB.

Upgrade 3 and save a spot for anyone who performs well at the start of the year. Don't feel like upgrading Pearce or Van Berlo myself.

:confused:

Like it matters what you feel like? Why not upgrade them though, can provide useful depth and can simply be demoted again after 8 weeks.

If they have salary cap space i'd upgrade all 5
with grover the first to drop off the LTI in @ 8 weeks
the competition not to be the first one droped back will
be pretty fierce

Don't get it KPR. DeBoer has looked pretty good to me.
We simply don't have anyone else of his ilk in the side. Crowley is the one he's always compared to and he (Crowley) has been awful.
Matt would be a monty for mine, as would Barlowe, Pearce.
JVB has been a surprise packet down back and may get up too.

there is no secret that im not a massive deboer fan, having said that i do want him to play the way a lot believe that he can. this preseason however i think he has been the least impressive out of the 5 rookies we have played. even JVB did a good tagging role against the roos. i just think deboer hasnt quite found his niche yet. and as bad as crowley has ben, i dont think deboer has done enought o displace him from the team, atleast not yet anyway.... thats just the way i'd play it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back