in and out v carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I only heard the game on the radio but didn't hear much of Pearce. How did he go? (not suggesting him as an out as he has had a couple of good ones in a row)

I would love to see Stewart stay in for a few games in succession.

Pearce did pretty well in my opinion, gone back to the Pearcy of old!

This could be the week that Lower gets a run, Carlton dont have the biggest forward line going around. Obviously Fev is the number 1 danger but I cant think of any other big dominant type forwards they have unless Waite plays forward.

Does anyone know how bad Pettigrew's hammy is?

Krak out for Ebert, definate

Maybe Grew out for Dom
or
Lower in for Grew and Stewart out for Dom

This could be the week that Lower gets a run, Carlton dont have the biggest forward line going around. Obviously Fev is the number 1 danger but I cant think of any other big dominant type forwards they have unless Waite plays forward.

Does anyone know how bad Pettigrew's hammy is?

Krak out for Ebert, definate

Maybe Grew out for Dom
or
Lower in for Grew and Stewart out for Dom

I reckon my house could go on Pettigrew will stay in unless injured

Dropping Stewart wouldn't be a good idea IMO, he was pretty good on the weekend.

In: Ebert, Cassisi
Out: Krakouer, Pettigrew if injured, if not then give Ebert another week off. Tredrea, Westhoff, Motlop and Gray should be more than enough to take on Carlton's defence. Nobody else deserves to be dropped except Toby Thurstans, but he could start playing for the other team every week and not get dropped. To whoever said Carlton have a small forward line, Fevola and Fisher aren't exactly small, and O'hAilpin and Kreuzer can both play up there.

Dropping Stewart wouldn't be a good idea IMO, he was pretty good on the weekend.

In: Ebert, Cassisi
Out: Krakouer, Pettigrew if injured, if not then give Ebert another week off. Tredrea, Westhoff, Motlop and Gray should be more than enough to take on Carlton's defence. Nobody else deserves to be dropped except Toby Thurstans, but he could start playing for the other team every week and not get dropped. To whoever said Carlton have a small forward line, Fevola and Fisher aren't exactly small, and O'hAilpin and Kreuzer can both play up there.

With Ebo's recent form I would be loathed to bring him back through the Magpies with only 1 week off. His hands against Sydney were the best he's been all year and i would say bring him back to keep his confidence up.

Sewart may just be unlucky, but over the next few weeks there will be some unlucky players with Junior to come back, Thomas will be working his way back, Thomson pushing, Ebert & Cassisi, there will be alot of jittery players.

I won't even try and forcast the changes as it will be very tough.

With Ebo's recent form I would be loathed to bring him back through the Magpies with only 1 week off. His hands against Sydney were the best he's been all year and i would say bring him back to keep his confidence up.

Slightly random train of thought coming.

*boomgates lower*

I'm sure the coaching staff are on him about it, but I'd like to see his defensive pressure go up about 9000%. For his position he doesn't work on the other end nearly enough, with the niche small forward now needing to be somewhat of a tackling machine or at least exerting solid defensive pressure in order to help stifle opposition score launches which so often come from the very back.

As of 2008 he's played 9 games for 8 tackles.

Compare this to his contemporaries:

Rhan Hooper: 42 tackles/10 games
Cyril Rioli: 40/10
Richard Douglas: 32/10
Amon Buchanan: 31/10
Leon Davis: 28/10
Aussie Wonna: 24/8
Stephen Milne: 22/10
Aaron Davey: 21/9
Eddie Betts: 19/10
Corey Jones: 18/10
Andrew Lovett: 17/8
David Wirrpanda: 17/9
Jeff Farmer: 16/10
Nathan G. Brown: 16/10
Matthew Stokes: 14/9
Scott Welsh: 10/10

Slightly random train of thought coming.

*boomgates lower*

I'm sure the coaching staff are on him about it, but I'd like to see his defensive pressure go up about 9000%. For his position he doesn't work on the other end nearly enough, with the niche small forward now needing to be somewhat of a tackling machine or at least exerting solid defensive pressure in order to help stifle opposition score launches which so often come from the very back.

As of 2008 he's played 9 games for 8 tackles.

Compare this to his contemporaries:

Rhan Hooper: 42 tackles/10 games
Cyril Rioli: 40/10
Richard Douglas: 32/10
Amon Buchanan: 31/10
Leon Davis: 28/10
Aussie Wonna: 24/8
Stephen Milne: 22/10
Aaron Davey: 21/9
Eddie Betts: 19/10
Corey Jones: 18/10
Andrew Lovett: 17/8
David Wirrpanda: 17/9
Jeff Farmer: 16/10
Nathan G. Brown: 16/10
Matthew Stokes: 14/9
Scott Welsh: 10/10

His is or was suffering from O.P which could be limiting his ability to quickly turn? Who knows.

I hope Stewart wont be dropped but im afraid he will be For Cassisi. I like Krakouer but he only played one strong quarter. so maybe cassisi for Krakouer. But this is all if Ebert doesnt come up this week to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back