Game Day 2024 Gather Round (Round 4): Fremantle vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boys need to watch out for Cerra this weekend. The second he gets tackled he flops forward like a fish to get an in the back free. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had the most in the back frees of anyone else in the AFL.
I'd like the guys to put some heat on him.

Leave him alone and he'll cut you up but he's also quite timid and will melt if he gets attention

I’m going to put it on the line.

Our midfield will fire and that will ultimately see us get home. It’s going to be a reality check for Carlton.

Our tall forwards will feast on their weakened backline.

Freo 14.11.95
Carlton 11.13.79

Taberner with 4 goals creating a selection headache for the following week when Darcy returns.

If at all accurate I’m posting like a mofo about the commencement of a Flagmantle run.

If we lose, I’ll disappear into the background to reappear around round 6 when we look to add percentage and go 4 and 2.

Boys need to watch out for Cerra this weekend. The second he gets tackled he flops forward like a fish to get an in the back free. Wouldn’t be surprised if he had the most in the back frees of anyone else in the AFL.

He would be the biggest flopper in the league besides Ginnivan. Embarrassing. Never used to do it at Freo, but once he went home he turned into an Italian soccer player.

Just quietly … I’m loving this little BF rivalry between the clubs lately.

It’s about time you lot had someone else to hate apart from West Coast.
It probably comes from a lack of success on our part.

Not being to the finals regularly means you dont get big games against opponents that are talked about in history or remembered.

Geelong is probably our closest rival to West Coast based off the old Crowley v Ablett/Steve Johnson days, Ballantyne v Scarlett, Ling & Solomon, 2010-2013 finals matchups including the only 2 of Freo's interstate wins being sent to Geelong for a final.

A lot of classic finishes as well in the regular season we have lost 3 games with missed kicks after the siren against them with 3 of our greatest ever players missing them in Pav, Walters & Mundy.

But even so that has faded due to us being in rebuild territory for a decade.

Sydney we have played in 4 finals is the most for us but nothing controversial or anything major happened that has led to anything being considered a true rivalry.

We always seem to play well when we’ve been written off.. I hope the boys have been watching and reading everyone chalking this up as a Carlton win all week.

Pearce and Ryan to get themselves AA locks by doing a job on McKay and Curnow.

Fyfe to remind Cripps that he’s just the off brand copy and give him a bad day at the office.

Freddy and Switta to give Saad and Williams a massive headache.

Cerra to complain to the AFL about being bullied by Serong and Brayshaw

JT to add a couple of kills to his KD ratio

Dogga to make TDK look second rate.

Cmon boys! Freo by 15

Our midfield will fire and that will ultimately see us get home. It’s going to be a reality check for Carlton.

Freo 14.11.95
Carlton 11.13.79

Taberner with 4 goals creating a selection headache for the following week when Darcy returns.

If at all accurate I’m posting like a mofo about the commencement of a Flagmantle run.

If we lose, I’ll disappear into the background to reappear around round 6 when we look to add percentage and go 4 and 2.
Love It Wow GIF by Wrexham AFC

I Like It Sport GIF by HockeyDiversityAlliance

Freo 14.11.95
Carlton 11.13.79

I'm with you bar the Tabs prediction. I'm tipping Luke Jackson has the best game of his career including kicking 4 goals. Im also tipping Sharpy's running is a major weapon against Carlton.

Last edited:
We always seem to play well when we’ve been written off.. I hope the boys have been watching and reading everyone chalking this up as a Carlton win all week.

Fyfe to remind Cripps that he’s just the off brand copy and give him a bad day at the office.

Cmon boys! Freo by 15

Pearce has been amazing this year, so it will be an interesting battle and will go a long way to determine the winner.
Do you think Ryan or Draper will go to Charlie? I thought Ryan plays on someone he can zone off and help his other defenders?

Fyfe looks a lot better now that he has slimmed down.

While Serong and Brayshaw are great, I am actually more concerned with Young and hoping Carlton can shut him down. Does Hewett go to Young or a Cerra?

Jackson v TDK is interesting, two athletic rucks that offer a lot at ground level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with you bar the Tabs prediction. I'm tipping Luke Jackson has the best game of his career including kicking 4 goals.

I have 8% confidence in Tabs kicking more than 2 goals. Just threw that in there because it would be a classic type Taberner move to kick 4 when Darcy is due the following week and his spot would be the obvious one to leave out.

Banfield sort of made a career of it where he’d follow up a droppable type game with a solid 16 touches 1 goal performance to buy him that extra week. Banfield been playing that extra week for about 5+ years… Hughes too!

Pearce has been amazing this year, so it will be an interesting battle and will go a long way to determine the winner.
Do you think Ryan or Draper will go to Charlie? I thought Ryan plays on someone he can zone off and help his other defenders?

While Serong and Brayshaw are great, I am actually more concerned with Young and hoping Carlton can shut him down. Does Hewett go to Young or a Cerra?

Jackson v TDK is interesting, two athletic rucks that offer a lot at ground level.
Great questions, lots of interesting individual battles, played on neutral ground, heaps at stake, LFG.

Young is one of our best shutdown midfielders, I’d expect him to play on Cripps then try to hurt you going the other way if we do win it, Fyfe and Serong are the playmakers in there.
Young played a fair bit on Dawson last week then got off the chain in the last quarter.

Ryan did a job on Jeremy Cameron twice last year keeping him to 1 goal over both fixtures (kicked a lot of points though, but still) so I’d back him to have the job on Charlie and keep him quiet.

Jackson had a quiet game last week and I think TDK is a great matchup so I’m tipping him to have a big game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ryan did a job on Jeremy Cameron twice last year keeping him to 1 goal over both fixtures (kicked a lot of points though, but still) so I’d back him to have the job on Charlie and keep him quiet.

Jackson had a quiet game last week and I think TDK is a great matchup so I’m tipping him to have a big game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'm tipping the best game of Luke Jackson's career so far with 4 goals and dominant ruck play.

Hey Lem
youre on to it I reckon
Ive just been daytripping on your board and been warned against "emoji trolling"...
Youve mentioned Pearce, Ryan, Draper, Fyfe, Young and Jackson...
None of whom, in my opinion, are being paid enough respect by your mob.
Its gonna be fun.

Freo 14.11.95
Carlton 11.13.79

People think the most dockery outcome is losing this game. In fact, the most dockery outcome is if Matt Taberner puts in a match winning performance and gets dropped for Darcy next week

I’m basing my expectations on our 2022 form as I think 2023 was a symptom of young teams getting ahead of themselves. Last year has made sure every team member now knows that max effort is required, things just don’t happen. I look at the team with a fit Pearce/Fyfe, a unicorn, Amiss/Treacy bigger and stronger and pressure on spots and I think we are better than we were in 2022, when we should have finished top 4. I think this game is the one that tells all the so called experts that focusing on our 2023 form, while dismissing our 2022 form was a mistake.

Edit: 13 of 14 “experts” in the “Age” have tipped Carlton

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Hopefully we’ve identified the first 8-10 minutes to set the standard for the game. Set targets from +contested ball, tackles general & inside 50, stoppages created inside 50, no contested marks against in the arcs etc. Just hard work stuff.

We need a massive lift in intensity at the start of this game to show them we mean business & cannot afford to give these campaigners a head start. It’s just too hard to pull back against a team with key forwards like theirs.
I like how they have shown the game is about 4 quarters and they never give up - look how Brisbane went when playing Carlton. Brisbane was flogging them but couldn't sustain that for the entire game. As long as we are close at half-time, we have a chance.

Cmon boys! Freo by 15
while the boys in blue get confused about what to do about Young, Clark and Draper :)

Umpires this weekend are 9 - Matt Stevic 10 - Robert O'Gorman 19 - Alex Whetton

Stevic can be biased against us, but we will be playing in neutral territory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back