Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t recall that move being lambasted. Needed to happen at the time because he couldn’t continue.
He was ripped to shreds - but maybe our algorhythms take us to different places.

In 2024, we are 10 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Only in the premier league does that keep us off top spot. And he only has 15 players that are fit enough to play 90min.

He was ripped to shreds - but maybe our algorhythms take us to different places.

In 2024, we are 10 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Only in the premier league does that keep us off top spot. And he only has 15 players that are fit enough to play 90min.

Yes if the algorithm you refer to is Facebook or twitter, I’m on neither. So wouldn’t know. There’s a very reactionary element to those places, I don’t believe they are accurately representative.

The Odeegard example needed to happen. If anything, Arteta should do it more often - how many times does Saka limp or hobble the last 15 minutes of the match yet he’s left out there.

The reference to how many players are fit enough to play 90, it’s hard to know from the outside looking in. There’s been a large contingent of players to choose from recently, however there’s clearly a difference between fitness and match sharpness. Clearly that’s what Partey, Vieira and so on lack. How to overcome that is the dilemma, the only way to gain match fitness is to play minutes, however at what risk to the match status itself if he did it. I get it, it’s a fine balance.

However Arteta himself has talked up the importance of having a large group available for selection, which he know has. Yet the question marks I’ve seen remain valid, it’s the 3rd consecutive April that they’ve petered out on the pitch. I just hope Arsenal yet again don’t crumble and stumble to the finish line, with 6 league matches to go, we gotta take it as deep as we can and not fall away.

I can tell you now I read a lot of Arsenal (and football material) online in general, and the attitude from our own Arsenal fans has been nothing short of appalling.

Although I must say in general, there is really little to be gained from most football fan media. The level of trolling and vitriol makes any kind of rational discussion almost impossible.

Football fans acting like Bayern aren't still a top 5 team in the world just because they failed to win their 11th league title in a row.
Football fans acting like its a disgrace to lose to 4th place Villa in the toughest league in the world.

Arsenal fans knew it would probably take an undefeated end to the season to have a chance at coming away with anything. The chances of that happening were slim.

The squad is still a work in progress. The manager is still a work in progress. Arsenal fans need to get behind the team and not throw away a perfectly good season based on outside noises.

Last edited:
Let's fight and scrap.. prob wont matter.. but we need to be there ready if city slip up.. **** them.. put them under pressure and who knows what will happen... Rolling over isn't an option.

I can tell you now I read a lot of Arsenal (and football material) online in general, and the attitude from our own Arsenal fans has been nothing short of appalling.

Although I must say in general, there is really little to be gained from most football fan media. The level of trolling and vitriol makes any kind of rational discussion almost impossible.

Football fans acting like Bayern aren't still a top 5 team in the world just because they failed to win their 11th league title in a row.
Football fans acting like its a disgrace to lose to 4th place Villa in the toughest league in the world.

Arsenal fans knew it would probably take an undefeated end to the season to have a chance at coming away with anything. The chances of that happening were slim.

The squad is still a work in progress. The manager is still a work in progress. Arsenal fans need to get behind the team and not throw away a perfectly good season based on outside noises.
It’s crazy how near perfect you have to be to win the league

Yep that’s a huge result in the context. Was worried about this one, off the back of a couple of losses during the week and short turnaround time.

Lovely finish from Odeegard from there angle. I thought perhaps it was one touch too many in that passage however he finished it. The muted celebrations told a lot, it was palpable relief from the team to get this victory done. Fatigue.

Beautifully done in the circumstances. 3 massive points and back up top with the chance to extend that lead to 4 points during the week before City next play in the league. Magnificent.

Wow. I always associated Rodri with playing (almost) every minute for City that he’s available, never would’ve guessed Arsenal have 6 players with more minutes.

Gabriel would be essentially equal with Saliba aside from that peculiar start to the season (with the rumoured Saudi links etc) where he was on the bench and Partey at RB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night showed again how much we need another centre foward option. Jesus was missing for most of the game.

Video circulating of Anne Hathaway celebrating Trossards goal. Makes me like her more now.

That’s very random you mention it, I was sent that this morning. Didn’t know she was an Arsenal fan. I don’t know the other gentleman next to her however he seems a fan as well.

Also this one made me chuckle off the back of another Tomiyasu injury:

Started the match and played 45 minutes, a great milestone for him in his recovery.

From that finish, there’s the new striker for next season :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back