Prediction Round 7, 2024: Changes vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how do you know he's not sore?

Yeo said he was sore after the game and he's match hardened.
It's not like we're leaving him out because we want to.

This.

Harley already talked about moving like a grandpa Mon-Fri.

He’s give us plenty this last 6 weeks. Let’s have him not come on the biggest road trip in dewy humid conditions off a game that we dominated, but was still pretty physical, especially for Harley.

Don’t know why so many on here are keen to break their shiny new toy.

Oh yeah, leave out Harley, that’s a ******* great idea by the club. Bravo all. Just when we had a couple of weeks off the constant bashing.

He plays like a f*cking bull, there's no doubt he's a little sore at the moment. So what's wrong with giving him a week off and one less plane trip for him?

Also lol that Cripps chat is still going, he’d be the first forward picked every week prior to Jake Waterman going thermonuclear.

One of our most important players, don’t be Supercoach nuffs.

Also lol that Cripps chat is still going, he’d be the first forward picked every week prior to Jake Waterman going thermonuclear.

WTF just happened over the last 4 pages?

Biden Chair GIF by Leroy Patterson

Tbh, I actually feel like he had been real quiet the last couple of weeks.

Looks like Long and Brockman are doing a lot of the up and back work we normally see Crippa doing.

Feels like we are playing an extra forward at the moment.

Tbh, I actually feel like he had been real quiet the last couple of weeks.

Looks like Long and Brockman are doing a lot of the up and back work we normally see Crippa doing.

Feels like we are playing an extra forward at the moment.
I think we are in a way, but it’s more that we have one too many talls.

Waterman, Darling, JWill (barring the four centre bounces he takes, let’s be honest he’s a forward) and Maric is one too many for me.

Cripps, Long, Brockman all fine.

Historically we’ve gone with 7-8-7 forward/mids/backs, but I’d feel a lot better with Ryan in for JWill (in a Grand Final winner takes all scenario, for where we’re at now they should never drop him and just keep pumping games).

I hope Zane Trew gets an opportunity at the inside role, Harley’s absence opens up, before Sheed. He has been in good WAFL form and that should be rewarded.

Out: Barrass (hopefully not), Sheed, Reid
In: H.Edwards (hopefully not), L.Edwards, Trew

WAFL bye, so a few emergencies can travel. Johnston as emergency to reward good form.

Could we also potentially see a Darling or Cripps rested, to make way for Ryan?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really like this move, I highly doubt we would win even if he played so have him rested and ready for a more winnable game next week at home against Essendon makes sense.

Another thing we could take out of it also is how the team performs without him, I’m also still very keen to finish bottom 4 to load up on talent so prefer us not winning many games tbh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sensible. We should try to avoid what happened to Ginbey last year and with a much healthier squad we're in a position to do it. A just turned 19 wrecking ball doesn't need a 5 hour return flight for a game that'll be played in slippery slogging conditions.

I'll also admit a part of me wants him to be cherry ripe for Essendon Round 8. Hate those pricks almost as much as the purple mob.

He plays like a f*cking bull, there's no doubt he's a little sore at the moment. So what's wrong with giving him a week off and one less plane trip for him?
Yeah agree. We are not playing finals and who really cares about what outside the club thinks.

I don't mind resting Reid for a week in a rebuild year.

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. It's been a good two weeks but Gold Coast stuck in the mud crappy oval has always made us play like crap.

No point exposing Reid to how bad that oval is.

I hope Zane Trew gets an opportunity at the inside role, Harley’s absence opens up, before Sheed. He has been in good WAFL form and that should be rewarded.

Out: Barrass (hopefully not), Sheed, Reid
In: H.Edwards (hopefully not), L.Edwards, Trew

WAFL bye, so a few emergencies can travel. Johnston as emergency to reward good form.

Could we also potentially see a Darling or Cripps rested, to make way for Ryan?

Also, this is not me throwing Cripps under the bus. His work for the team is always understated.

After the performance last week, it’s hard to omit anyone, more likely to rest one of the older lads to keep them fresh.

It may even be a case of stiff s*** for Ryan, there’s just not a spot available right now. However, I think they’ll find a way to include him.

Leaving him out the week he is able to extend his contract (but hasn’t), after a pile of hyperbole about him basically ‘saving’ the club sends a poor message - especially when it’s coupled with a bad loss. Some genius will connect the dots and question whether we are ‘managing him correctly’, adding more pressure on the club.

It’s round 7 not round 17, if he’s so sore he can’t play then say that, if he can play then push him forward (which they did last week anyway).

….and how does that scumbag Tom Morris break that news? - clearly a leak within someone’s camp - probably Reid’s considering the Eagles aren’t exactly known for leaking team news to Tom Morris of all people. One to keep an eye on.

Leaving him out the week he is able to extend his contract (but hasn’t), after a pile of hyperbole about him basically ‘saving’ the club sends a poor message - especially when it’s coupled with a bad loss. Some genius will connect the dots and question whether we are ‘managing him correctly’, adding more pressure on the club.

It’s round 7 not round 17, if he’s so sore he can’t play then say that, if he can play then push him forward (which they did last week anyway).

….and how does that scumbag Tom Morris break that news? - clearly a leak within someone’s camp - probably Reid’s considering the Eagles aren’t exactly known for leaking team news to Tom Morris of all people. One to keep an eye on.
How many players renew 6 games into a 3-year contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back