Review Cats turn Lions into wet pussies at the Gabba by 26 points

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt that Stewart was a big loss for us, but Brisbane losing McInerney had a bigger impact on their structure

For us, Guthrie moved more into that intercepting defender role we see Stewart play, and Bowes dropping back into defence

But for Brisbane it means Daniher gone from the forward line, and as much as he's not always the most reliable shot for goal, you can't just leave him lose

They struggled more to replace their concussed player than we did with losing Stewart - funnily enough, tonight was when they probably should have gone with the line-up they used against Collingwood with all of McInerney, Fort, Daniher & Hipwood in the team

Good win, but to be fair Brisbane would have been much stronger if Charlie Cameron had played 🙃

That was ****ed. He played in two Brisbane premiership sides for thier club. A real head scratcher that one.
Meanwhile Fagan stands on the bench the whole game motionless apart from the gum chewing; not sure that's a great move by their coach. Anyway, that's their issue.

Agree. I love Toby, but Big O was giving him a bath till then
Yes, please nobody get carried away about him rucking against Dunkley and Daniher.

Unfortunately he hasn’t really shown anything to indicate he deserved a game this year TBH.
FWIW with a healthy contingent of mids he will be plying his trade in the magoos.
High pick we might’ve whiffed on.
I know it’s early but I am hoping I am wrong.
I'm pretty sure you are. He's shown that nous for moving in and around congestion that good inside players have. Bare in mind he's played only 4 or 5 full games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I for one expected Parfitt to do OK this year, put in some respectable games, and play a specific role. So far he's exceeded my expectations in 2024.

There's a lot I could say, but suffice that although he raised the ire on here with some-he was never on the periphery at the Club- a wanted player, it's just sometimes kids take a while for everything to click, and Brandon is one of those - and never afraid to do the work.
A truly well deserved elevation, and a nicer person you could not imagine.

I had my doubts about Parf but he’s strung together a good patch. Really loved how he straight lined it through ball ups tonight, got it going our way even if he didn’t always get a disposal.

I love seeing how different players go in the wet. Stengle is freakishly skilled, handled it beautifully. He could have kicked a couple more if he didn’t try to dish a few off. Close, Holmes, Bruhn were all great in the wet with a few others. Cameron & Duncan ordinary, Cameron almost comically so 😆
Cameron had a game to forget. The fact that we won well without much help from him is a positive. I thought Duncan was ok.

Stengle in this kind of form is such a joy to behold.
This season I have become convinced he is a total buy in. I may be jinxing things, but 22, he was dour and all business getting back in. Last year, a nightmare for him and team, hard to gauge.
This year, he's been smiling, interacting with teammates more closely. Hope it continues. :thumbsu:

Just a few observations.
So Hawk has back2back zero goals with minimal impact compared to his last 200 odd games.
A concern? Or just a heavy training load for the old bloke?
We need a great Hawk to show up at the G next Saturday.
Stengle was BOG for me.
Gave us plenty and was like a pig in mud tonight…. Loved it.
Zac G. Has taken yet another step for me.
Chilli 🌶️ got a big break with the Big O going off concussed.
The experience he got tonight will pay itself tenfold.
Tanner Bruhn continues to build.
Jack Bowes. Kudos to him. Well played.

Pleasing to see the joy on Parfitt’s face when he slotted that goal. Just rapt this guy has finally worked out what is required to play AFL at a high level. You can see his body shape is leaner than before.

And if the smile on Holmes’ face post match is any indication, I think he will remain a Cat. I bloody well hope so as he’s verging on being a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back