News 2024 St.Kilda Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross's press conference today was pretty weird. Asked about Richmond game, says "I've basically already discussed it". Asked about Steele - "yeah I praised him after the game but he's only as good as his next moment".

Has a crack at our travel schedule over the next month - "nice of the AFL to give us time to bond together."

Clocks in at just over 3 mins which must be the shortest pre-game coach press conference of all time.

Didn't seem too happy.
The old Ross is slowly coming back.

Haha- I’ve got Mitch Cleary & Tommy Morris the new doyen covered - just shows you these journos give you stuff all value add - just rely on their sources to feed them something in exchange for a couple of bottles of red and a decent feed!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gabelich Cleary and now Morris

forest fire news GIF by NowThis

Ross's press conference today was pretty weird. Asked about Richmond game, says "I've basically already discussed it". Asked about Steele - "yeah I praised him after the game but he's only as good as his next moment".

Has a crack at our travel schedule over the next month - "nice of the AFL to give us time to bond together."

Clocks in at just over 3 mins which must be the shortest pre-game coach press conference of all time.

Didn't seem too happy.
I have it on good authority he had a spicy vindaloo for lunch and the clock was ticking

I have it on good authority he had a spicy vindaloo for lunch and the clock was ticking

Hahaha. I thought he was embarrassed by his newest haircut, and was upset the club still expected him to front up to the cameras.

Didn’t someone say he must be happy with Naz’s start to the year and he said “No, not really.”

In fairness to RTB, the questions at the press conference were utter rubbish. Where were the questions about how we were going to beat the #1 team in the AFL and counter their elite midfield? RTB said he didn't want to talk about individual players and the next question was literally about an individual player. Would be nice if the people attending gave some thought to the questions. Was a pretty hilarious presser though. RTB clearly not happy.

Yeah he was pissy alright, just angry at things in general, bubbling pretty close to the surface Lol. Albeit being asked some very banal questions. You love to see it!

In fairness to RTB, the questions at the press conference were utter rubbish. Where were the questions about how we were going to beat the #1 team in the AFL and counter their elite midfield? RTB said he didn't want to talk about individual players and the next question was literally about an individual player. Would be nice if the people attending gave some thought to the questions. Was a pretty hilarious presser though. RTB clearly not happy.
Exactly!

"happy with Naz's start to the season?"
"Nah not really. I'm not here to talk about individuals I'm here to talk about the team."
"How about Jack Steele, pleased with how he's going?"

FFS come here imma smack you in the mouth!@!

Didn't seem too happy.

He made it clear he wasnt there to speak about the Richmond game or individuals and couple of clowns kept asking him the same questions, so he shut them down. He was happy to talk about GWS game but the buffoons didnt so he called it. If anything it shows how well he handles the media now.

He raised the AFL's scheduling and travel as an issue but didn't get one corresponding question - the reporters were so tunnel visioned they missed a possible decent story. Look at the headlines after Melbournes loss last night '3 games in 13 days'.

Last edited:
Exactly!

"happy with Naz's start to the season?"
"Nah not really. I'm not here to talk about individuals I'm here to talk about the team."
"How about Jack Steele, pleased with how he's going?"

FFS come here imma smack you in the mouth!@!
They should have got Garcia to do the press conference. He would have given them the death stare.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back