List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

For me, I prefer the idea of drafting an elite pair together in the one draft. Each can take the pressure off the other in terms of people's expectations. Like Sheezel/Wardlaw.
I too like the idea of recruiting a Sheezel and Wardlaw each year ;)

I think Richmond may have offered a contract to him. Biggy's manager said earlier in the week that Biggy had a decision to make. To stay at Richmond or leave.
As of yesterday AFL.com saying Richmond have not made him an offer.

Uncontracted key defender Bigoa Nyuon is yet to secure a new deal but has met with North Melbourne and as reported by AFL.com.au last week could move as a free agent. – Josh Gabelich

North manufactures the best draft hand in the history of the club.
North Big Footy: Let's work out 97 different ways to diminish our draft hand.

Exactly. We have a terrific draft hand. Lets not mess it up but instead go there and use it. Five first round picks in the one draft.

Who knows how good any of the players at the top end of the draft will be but surely at least one of 2 or 3 will be a very good player.

Here are the last 10 years of Picks 2 and 3.

2022 Ashcroft, Sheezel
2021 Darcy, Callaghan
2020 Thilthorpe, Phillips
2019 Anderson, Jackson
2018 Lukosious, Rankine
2017 Andrew Brayshaw, Dow
2016 Taranto, McCluggage
2015 Schache, Mills
2014 Petracca, Angus Brayshaw
2013 Kelly, Billings

What a list that is. Schache and Billings probably the worst of that lot. I rate Dow, though Carlton doesn't. A bit early to judge Thilthorpe and Phillips. The rest have runs aplenty on the board.

Put that lot out on Grand Final day in the one team, plus a couple of hacks to make up the 22 and me as the (never to be used) sub and they would win a flag in my opinion.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he did well, he got 17 and 18 plus Fisher and Stephens from the PPs and so far he hasn't cashed out any of our future picks.

I think what is exacerbating things is Hawthorn and Melbourne going all-in trying to go up for pick 1.

My only concern is that if Clarko says get it done then Brady will get it done. Clarko allegedly paid overs at Hawthorn for players he wanted. But it is not really a major concern atm.

I am guessing as things stall between what we want to give and what Eagles want some stuck deals will gather into the vortex and a convoluted trade may go down that is confusing enough that it will take a month to figure out who got boned.

I think an issue is our list is imbalanced still, we are very low on KPDs, KPFs, Rucks and Wings and have major surpluses in other roles.

If we go for Reid I am guessing we are going to lose 2 of the later first round picks and unfortunately that is a pretty good spot to address some of the deficiencies we have, some really good KPP and Ruck prospects should be available there.

I am not too fussed what we go for or who we draft, I just don't want to see us be ripped off.
Absolutely Tas…agree with all points raised.

Hold up. Where’s this JUH talk coming from? I must’ve missed something
Mentioned him on Trade Radio only... no link... yet

As stated by others, you think Doggies would lose one

Exactly. We have a terrific draft hand. Lets not mess it up but instead go there and use it. Five first round picks in the one draft.

Who knows how good any of the players at the top end of the draft will be but surely at least one of 2 or 3 will be a very good player.

Here are the last 10 years of Picks 2 and 3.

2022 Sheezel, Wardlaw
2021 Darcy, Callaghan
2020 Thilthorpe, Phillips
2019 Anderson, Jackson
2018 Lukosious, Rankine
2017 Andrew Brayshaw, Dow
2016 Taranto, McCluggage
2015 Schache, Mills
2014 Petracca, Angus Brayshaw
2013 Kelly, Billings

What a list that is. Schache and Billings probably the worst of that lot. I rate Dow, though Carlton doesn't. A bit early to judge Thilthorpe and Phillips. The rest have runs aplenty on the board.

Put that lot out on Grand Final day in the one team, plus a couple of hacks to make up the 22 and me as the (never to be used) sub and they would win a flag in my opinion.
Sheezel was actually pick 3....pick 2 was Ashcroft F/S

Reckon if he is a sniff to walk and we show improvement in 24, we could absolutely snap him up.
I would imagine he is priority 1 for the doggies to sign long term... still would be asking though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back