Analysis The Rebuild Of Essendon And North Melbourne And Their Future Prospects

Which team has the better on-field prospects?

• Essendon

Votes: 128 46.4%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 148 53.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Wardlaw has blown already high expectations out of the water. To think we were ever miffed about losing Horne lol

Essendon building nicely as a semi final exit type side. Kangas building something more meaningful but will take longer.

I'm not so sure on North yet. There is so much water left to flow under the bridge. Despite having one of the more exciting young midfields in the comp their list remains paper thin and unbalanced.

They're playing 6-7 guys a week that have no chance of being part of the next good North team. The draft is being heavily impacted by FS and academies along with there being no top end priority picks its not easy for the bad teams to build up the ladder quickly.

I'm not so sure on North yet. There is so much water left to flow under the bridge. Despite having one of the more exciting young midfields in the comp their list remains paper thin and unbalanced.

They're playing 6-7 guys a week that have no chance of being part of the next good North team. The draft is being heavily impacted by FS and academies along with there being no top end priority picks its not easy for the bad teams to build up the ladder quickly.

Let’s just wait and see.

Wardlaw has never played a game with LDU.

That’s when the fireworks will begin…

We will see it following the bye.

Things can certainly turn fast for sure

I reckon North has made a good start but they have few players that would get games at medium to strong Clubs. LDU, Logue, Larkey plus Wardlaw and Sheezel. Few Clubs would take Thomas.

They need a staged clean out ofC graders on A Grade wages.

I reckon North has made a good start but they have few players that would get games at medium to strong Clubs. LDU, Logue, Larkey plus Wardlaw and Sheezel. Few Clubs would take Thomas.

They need a staged clean out ofC graders on A Grade wages.
not enough talk about logue imo. he did really well against essendon & had his body on the line far more than ben mckay

not enough talk about logue imo. he did really well against essendon & had his body on the line far more than ben mckay

Disagree. Langford cut him up with 6 marks inside 50 whilst also dropping two easy ones.

From what I've seen from Logue he falls into the Laverde/BZT stopgap level of footballer especially given his limitations ball in hand

Disagree. Langford cut him up with 6 marks inside 50 whilst also dropping two easy ones.

From what I've seen from Logue he falls into the Laverde/BZT stopgap level of footballer especially given his limitations ball in hand
i suppose that’s fair, i still think he’s someone that they’ll need to hang into

It’s really hard to judge when a lot of essendon’s rising stars are coming back from injury at the moment. Perkins and Hobbs are the only ones playing regular football.

Once we get Tsatas, Cox, Reid, Jones and Jayden Davey fit and on the park it’ll be easier to see what the future looks like. I’m cautiously optimistic

It’s really hard to judge when a lot of essendon’s rising stars are coming back from injury at the moment. Perkins and Hobbs are the only ones playing regular football.

Once we get Tsatas, Cox, Reid, Jones and Jayden Davey fit and on the park it’ll be easier to see what the future looks like. I’m cautiously optimistic

Martin isn't a rising star?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nobody is talking about a KPD, it's generally a good thing lol

B. Andrew McGrath - Ben McKay - Jordan Ridley

Hb. Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Luke McDonald

C. Nic Martin - Zac Merret - Sam Durham

Hf. Harry Sheezel - Jake Stringer - Archie Perkins

F. Kyle Langford - Peter Wright - Cam Zurhaar

R. Todd Goldstein - Luke Davies Uniacke - Darcy Parish

Ic. Tarryn Thomas - Bailey Scott - Dylan Shiel - George Wardlaw

Have at it.. North have some good youf, but only 7 Roos make my combined side

B. Andrew McGrath - Ben McKay - Jordan Ridley

Hb. Mason Redman - Jayden Laverde - Luke McDonald

C. Nic Martin - Zac Merret - Sam Durham

Hf. Harry Sheezel - Jake Stringer - Archie Perkins

F. Kyle Langford - Peter Wright - Cam Zurhaar

R. Todd Goldstein - Luke Davies Uniacke - Darcy Parish

Ic. Tarryn Thomas - Bailey Scott - Dylan Shiel - George Wardlaw

Surely crabs like Laverde, Scott and McDonald aren’t making this combined side.

Simpkin and Caldwell are walk up starts

Surely crabs like Laverde, Scott and McDonald aren’t making this combined side.

Simpkin and Caldwell are walk up starts
Caldwell over Shiel.
Ford over zurhaar
Simpkin very decent emergency

Side needs a small fwd. Curtis and menzie may not be stars but they do the role nicely.

This also highlights how rubbish both sides' defensive spine is

Caldwell over Shiel.
Ford over zurhaar
Simpkin very decent emergency

Side needs a small fwd. Curtis and menzie may not be stars but they do the role nicely.

This also highlights how rubbish both sides' defensive spine is
to be fair, I inserted one player and rather than removing and replacing went with who I had (ie Zurhaar in a fwd pocket in lieu of a proper small fwd like Menzies)

Wardlaw I'll cop the whack from Ambrosia,

The fact you have Luke McDonald in your squad shows you know nothing about North.

Not even North supporters would pick him.

Also, Larkey is >>> Wright/Stringer.

Back