Manchester United Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Pool City game one thing that stood out sadly was how far off it we are.
The problem is in the premier league we've beaten City the last 3 times and drawn once in 2 years we seem to do well against the big clubs. But can't beat scrubs like Everton and Aston villa.

Wouldn’t surprise me if after that, Ronaldo is moving chess pieces to get Ole out, he looked livid at the full time whistle, while Ole was smiling & laughing.

Ronaldo himself needs to stay in between the sticks he provides no net positives on the ball trying to drop deep or out wide he just gets into the spaces of our other attackers, besides the next two months of fixtures is as hard as it gets
The problem is in the premier league we've beaten City the last 3 times and drawn once in 2 years we seem to do well against the big clubs. But can't beat scrubs like Everton and Aston villa.

The big games last year were bore draws were we didn't want to pull the trigger and take more risks but we were successful in those games against City because of our transition threat and McFred being able to win their deuls now neither is happening so I'm afraid if that's not fixed we could look rather toothless trying to chase City all day as they keep the ball away from us

Ronaldo himself needs to stay in between the sticks he provides no net positives on the ball trying to drop deep or out wide he just gets into the spaces of our other attackers, besides the next two months of fixtures is as hard as it gets

The big games last year were bore draws were we didn't want to pull the trigger and take more risks but we were successful in those games against City because of our transition threat and McFred being able to win their deuls now neither is happening so I'm afraid if that's not fixed we could look rather toothless trying to chase City all day as they keep the ball away from us
But we come to play against the top teams though that is the problem. It is like Ole takes his foot off the gas when we play lesser teams the way we played against Everton and villa I thought I was watching a different team out there. Don't be surprised if we beat City and that alone is enough for the board to keep Ole. Like I said should be title challenging right to the last game or he needs to go.

But we come to play against the top teams though that is the problem. It is like Ole takes his foot off the gas when we play lesser teams the way we played against Everton and villa I thought I was watching a different team out there. Don't be surprised if we beat City and that alone is enough for the board to keep Ole. Like I said should be title challenging right to the last game or he needs to go.

The board only see UCL qualification as a must so unless Ole goes on an all time collapse and the players turn on him a la Mourinho he's staying no use getting emotional over it that precedent has been set

Last year against the top teams, they were all like 0-0, with a 1-0 home defeat to Arsenal and a 6-1 home loss to Spurs, we were dreadful against the top teams last season.

If history is anything to go by, we will pull results from our ass during this tough fixture run, the club will think keeping Ole is 100% the right thing, until we then hit another horrid form patch like we are now, it’s been happening the whole time under Ole.

The board only see UCL qualification as a must so unless Ole goes on an all time collapse and the players turn on him a la Mourinho he's staying no use getting emotional over it that precedent has been set
Could even be the lack of managers out there same situation Barca is in with getting rid of Koeman.

Could even be the lack of managers out there same situation Barca is in with getting rid of Koeman.

Even this is the issue only Conte is certified enough tactically to go head to head with Klopp but that would require us tearing down the team again and going back to a style of management we all detested under Jose and people calling for Zidane need to understand he doesn't speak English and considering communication is his biggest asset that makes him redundant

Even this is the issue only Conte is certified enough tactically to go head to head with Klopp but that would require us tearing down the team again and going back to a style of management we all detested under Jose and people calling for Zidane need to understand he doesn't speak English and considering communication is his biggest asset that makes him redundant

With Conte he does now what Mourinho was doing years ago, something Mou hasn't been able to do for a few years now, he would also be a massive improvement over Ole.

Zidane does speak limited English but I wouldn't be that concerned, you simply get someone in to communicate when required, he'd do wonders for the French and Spanish speaking players.

Last year against the top teams, they were all like 0-0, with a 1-0 home defeat to Arsenal and a 6-1 home loss to Spurs, we were dreadful against the top teams last season.

If history is anything to go by, we will pull results from our ass during this tough fixture run, the club will think keeping Ole is 100% the right thing, until we then hit another horrid form patch like we are now, it’s been happening the whole time under Ole.
I was talking more about us playing against city and, other than the spurs belting the other teams last season we played alright just didn't reflect on the results,I was getting at the last two games we played against middle table clubs we don't turn up for it we were lucky to have even drawn to everton because tom davies decided to have a brain fade, but against the top 6 we turn up at least.

I wouldn't take Conte and his defense first tactics, just be another mou.

Zizou not sure how he'd fair in the epl tbh, never played in the league to know it well enough.

But could be just a change in manager that is required for players to actually start wanting to play like they first did under Ole.

I wouldn't take Conte and his defense first tactics, just be another mou.

Zizou not sure how he'd fair in the epl tbh, never played in the league to know it well enough.

But could be just a change in manager that is required for players to actually start wanting to play like they first did under Ole.

I think all they need is a manager who actually knows how to manage, Ole is a very good player manager but a woeful game day manager, makes poor tactical decisions game after game.

I think all they need is a manager who actually knows how to manage, Ole is a very good player manager but a woeful game day manager, makes poor tactical decisions game after game.

Would help if he had a no.2 who focused more on the structure and tactical game plan him nobody on that staff has got that right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would help if he had a no.2 who focused more on the structure and tactical game plan him nobody on that staff has got that right

Yes it's been quite the shitshow.

He is a good player person.

Knows what to say to keep them happy despite his shocking tactics and selections.

Players are also comfortable, they know they’ll get a “good job son” pat on the back even after a sh*t performance, they know their spots are safe, I doubt Ole has a ruthless edge to him, he’s one of ‘the lads’.
Would like for him to show more aggression like the time he did with Lingard against Man City and that went viral but haven't seen him other than that.

He took a whole to get out of his seat while pep and klopp were directing traffic from kick off. That alone shows the huge gap between Ole with the best.

Would like for him to show more aggression like the time he did with Lingard against Man City and that went viral but haven't seen him other than that.

He took a whole to get out of his seat while pep and klopp were directing traffic from kick off. That alone shows the huge gap between Ole with the best.

There will be a book come out one day, titled “Ole: I didn’t know what I was doing”. The synopsis:

“Ole talks about his time as Manchester United manager, and reveals what many at the time were thinking, that he didn’t know what he was doing”.

There will be a book come out one day, titled “Ole: I didn’t know what I was doing”. The synopsis:

“Ole talks about his time as Manchester United manager, and reveals what many at the time were thinking, that he didn’t know what he was doing”.
rename.

"How to make David Moyes look good." Starring a Norweigan PE teacher.

He does stay seated a lot, definitely needs to be more aggressive on the sidelines.
He could cover up his stupid "tactics" by taking this approach and give the false impression that he knows what he is talking about, could even get the guys on the pitch a little worried about stuffing around and making mistakes.

Even Klopp at halftime against City soon as the whistle blew ran and I mean ran to the change room ready to give them the hairdryer treatment.

But Ole doesn't care whether we win, draw or lose.

He could cover up his stupid "tactics" by taking this approach and give the false impression that he knows what he is talking about, could even get the guys on the pitch a little worried about stuffing around and making mistakes.

Even Klopp at halftime against City soon as the whistle blew ran and I mean ran to the change room ready to give them the hairdryer treatment.

But Ole doesn't care whether we win, draw or lose.

It comes across like that which is so strange given he played under SAF who was a serial winner and Ole won many trophies while at United, you’d think being a ruthless winner would be in his DNA.

What we ever see this from Martial? I don’t think so…
But in positive news, Fred could be out for the Leicester game (with Cavani 😢)

It comes across like that which is so strange given he played under SAF who was a serial winner and Ole won many trophies while at United, you’d think being a ruthless winner would be in his DNA.
Exactly!

But let's be honest as a player he was never ruthless not anything like Keane or Staam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back