Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Dawson as a full back. Maybe as a rebounding defender as suggested above, but still not sure if he's in a starting 18/22.
BTW how I can take a player seriously who was quoted as saying he listens to Mariah Carey for motivation before a game? He should be cast out of the defenders union!

I don't rate Dawson as a full back. Maybe as a rebounding defender as suggested above, but still not sure if he's in a starting 18/22.
BTW how I can take a player seriously who was quoted as saying he listens to Mariah Carey for motivation before a game? He should be cast out of the defenders union!

Why? She makes me angry - angry is good.

$300,000 is a fair whack above that. and that average is distorted by the top paid players. but glad you're happy. at that price we obviously don't want him, you obviously do.

What would you say the average annual salary for say a player in the 10 - 20 range of your best 22

What's with the rebounding defender calls? He shits himself with the pill in hand (he is getting better though i suppose) and isn't aything special with his disposal. If he was playing for my team it would heart in mouth stuff everytime he gets it.

What's with the rebounding defender calls? He shits himself with the pill in hand (he is getting better though i suppose) and isn't aything special with his disposal. If he was playing for my team it would heart in mouth stuff everytime he gets it.

Well he sure ain't a full back, that's for sure!

But I agree, if it was my team I'd be nervous when he got the ball too.

Well he sure ain't a full back, that's for sure!

But I agree, if it was my team I'd be nervous when he got the ball too.

From my experience I'm more nervous when the ball is coming in to his opponent, and I'm wondering If he ( the forward ) is just going to stand there and make a clean mark. Once he gets it Zac is OK.

Considering every team would probably have at least a high draft pick or kid on <100K in their 22, I'd suggest salary is not a primary indicator of standing at a club.

I would suggest re read the quote that you were replying to and have a guess. Of course there are kids playing but there also guys close to retirement getting paid overs. If 250 is the average, you would have to think a starting fullback who is 25, who has played in one of the best teams and defenses in the past few years would be at least near the average. Yes he is one 6 in defense, plus team structure, but he has been a significant contributor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah just pay him the average AFL salary for a starting 22 player instead.

What are FReo paying Jack ANthony?

Another below average footballer getting paid the AFL average wage.;)

Dawson is a B grader and every team needs a group of them to do a simple job and hold the line. They won't win you games off their own boot but no team can afford 22 A grade players, thats what the cap does.

I'm hoping Freo grabs him and overlooks Lockyer, will Dawson go / nominate for the main draft or the PSD I wonder.

Would love to see Freo with Kepler Bradely, Jack Anthony and Jac Dawson in their side, it certainly sends shivers down my spine.:p

What are FReo paying Jack ANthony?

Another below average footballer getting paid the AFL average wage.;)

Dawson is a B grader and every team needs a group of them to do a simple job and hold the line. They won't win you games off their own boot but no team can afford 22 A grade players, thats what the cap does.

I'm hoping Freo grabs him and overlooks Lockyer, will Dawson go / nominate for the main draft or the PSD I wonder.

Would love to see Freo with Kepler Bradely, Jack Anthony and Jac Dawson in their side, it certainly sends shivers down my spine.:p

Said this part just to try and look like your not trolling?

Said this part just to try and look like your not trolling?

Is there a law about not mixing in some common sense when you are having a dig at Freo?:D

You have to admit having Bradely, Anthony and Dawson on the same list is having a few average to below average KP players clogging up list and cap space. Between them it would be getting up around the $800 > $950k mark.

As an Eagles supporter I just find this quite amusing.:)

Is there a law about not mixing in some common sense when you are having a dig at Freo?:D

You have to admit having Bradely, Anthony and Dawson on the same list is having a few average to below average KP players clogging up list and cap space. Between them it would be getting up around the $800 > $950k mark.

As an Eagles supporter I just find this quite amusing.:)

Just as we do your spending high draft picks on the likes of Masten, Ebert, Notte (sp?), Swift, taking Shepherd over Fyfe, drafting JON etc.

What's your point?

Got to feel sorry for Fremantle. Getting the most boring coach in the league and now super dud Zac Dawson.

Gees. Sorry freo. Zac has been shit for us. Thinking he is a good player is one of the reasons we couldn't win a grand final.

Got to feel sorry for Fremantle. Getting the most boring coach in the league and now super dud Zac Dawson.

Gees. Sorry freo. Zac has been shit for us. Thinking he is a good player is one of the reasons we couldn't win a grand final.

no need to shed those tears, fred, we're all pretty happy with ross at freo and with the better culture and setup at freo, we'll turn zac into the footballer the saints never could.

no need to shed those tears, fred, we're all pretty happy with ross at freo and with the better culture and setup at freo, we'll turn zac into what the saints never could.
Hey we thought the same thing.

Sad you didn't learn from our history.

Enjoy the years of ceaseless disicpline ahead that will drain the hope and enthusiasm of players, watch the assistant coaches quit Ross' regime of hardassness.

The zero enjoyment approach to AFL will sap the will to win, eventually and you supportes will be bored shitless with the gameplan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back