How scared are you of St Kilda this year?

How scared are you of St Kilda this year?

• A bit scared

Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Quite scared

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Very scared

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • A bit of wee came out

Votes: 74 38.3%
  • Hold me

Votes: 82 42.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2-3 years away.

Unfortunately, they're going to be testing the longevity of Steele, Marshall, & Wilkie with that timeline.

Build around Owens, Phillipou, Windhager, Wilson, & NWM and try to challenge when that group his hitting their prime.

any side coached by Ross Lyon is a dangerous opponent
You really need to see a shrink.
What is the hold over you this dud coach has?

He coached them to the best era in their history. It's a low bar, but I imagine that's why he's so fond of him.

He's basically Fremantles Bomber/Scott minus the premierships.
My thoughts exactly....

If you want more solid evidence.... heres the stats...

Fremantle has been in the comp since 1995. and looking at the 2024 season... this season is season 30. out of those 30 years, freo has only made finals in only 8 of them.

Lets name those years shall we....

2003, 2006, 2010, 2012-5 and 2022.

2003 and 2006 were under Chris Connolly. Should of made finals in each year between 2003-7.

2010 was under mark harvey. at least made finals and got an elim final win vs the hawks in 2010.

2012-5 was under Ross Lyon. The only time in a 30 year stretch fremantle had sustained finals success or made finals at least 2 years in a row. Got 4 finals wins in that 2012-15 era.

2022 was under Current coach justin longmuir. I will savour that 2022 elim final win vs the dogs.

Kobe Gryant I agree with your post. Lyon is best coach in the dockers history. And yes that is a very low bar.

I will post this before and will post this Again. I dont care how freos 2024 season pans out. Make finals then its 9 years of finals out of 30.

I am not asking a lot for the next 30 years from 2025-2054. I want freo to make finals at least 10 times or 10 years out of 30.

I can tolerate a 5 or 6 years in a row of no finals in a rebuild as long as at the end of it, freo has a sustained finals run of 2 or 3 or 4 years in a row of finals before dropping down and rebuilding again.

Conman..and a good one at that.

Ross could sell ice to an Eskimo
This. I blame the gullable, flog media as much as anything. Time and again refer to him as a 'master' coach. Not once have I heard anyone stop for a second and say "hang on, what proof of this is there?" So they just keep saying it.

Hardwick and Clarkson have the runs on the board to deserve that sort of talk and maybe C Scott. Not someone who came to two extremely talented and somewhat mature lists just at the right time (and failed to win a flag at either and left them both in absolute tatters).

He's definitely a good coach and with the right situation capable of bringing along a mighty side. But this Saints list this time was never going to be it. And he is not going to be the one to do hard yards and years of drafting and early development.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This. I blame the gullable, flog media as much as anything. Time and again refer to him as a 'master' coach. Not once have I heard anyone stop for a second and say "hang on, what proof of this is there?" So they just keep saying it.

Hardwick and Clarkson have the runs on the board to deserve that sort of talk and maybe C Scott. Not someone who came to two extremely talented and somewhat mature lists just at the right time (and failed to win a flag at either and left them both in absolute tatters).

He's definitely a good coach and with the right situation capable of bringing along a mighty side. But this Saints list this time was never going to be it. And he is not going to be the one to do hard yards and years of drafting and early development.
I didn’t watch the game but was listening to ABC grandstand coverage in the car in the 1st qrt and they kept mentioning how all 18 saints were in the defensive 50 and how marvellous it was this year to see them “ run in waves” to move the ball out towards their F50.

This is Ross football 101. It’s the same tactic over and over again until it breaks down and an opposition bangs on multiple goals because they chop off the “ wave “ in the midfield and bang it back quickly into their F50 with substandard saints defenders struggling to deal with the pressure.

Then I’m guessing tonight they get 6 or 7 goals behind and just mentally give up because the Ross gameplay has collapsed and there’s no plan B.

And I find it absolutely astounding that StKilda FC have fallen again for the Ross sales pitch which is based around “ just trust me ..I know what I’m doing “

Yeah Gerard Whateley was drooling over Lyon last year, mentioning his "scar tissue" (I guess that means his inflexibility? Or a nasty dig at coaches with mental health issues).

He remains a flagless coach who makes footy worse and doesn't develop kids into footballers. In fact he develops footballers into something less than footballers, he makes dull robots. They don't won, they just deny others success.

Not a master coach, and in some ways a blight on the game.

I had to vote for “Very scared”, as I am very scared of what my saints-supporting friends are going to go through if they continue to play like last night… 😔

I had to vote for “Very scared”, as I am very scared of what my saints-supporting friends are going to go through if they continue to play like last night… 😔
This is part of the problem with placid saints supporters. They’re used to failure and just accept it as their lot in footy life.

Ross will no doubt let them all down for a second time and then get excited about Goddard coaching them.

That entire passage makes no sense whatsoever.

You havent gone through what I have been through. I have been force fed and drugged up with Ross Lyon footy for 8 years from 2012-19.

I told Cats fans such as The 747 , Art Vandelay_ , Gavin Excell and JackFlash that I had to go through a harsh and long and painful rehab process after having Ross Lyon footy for 8 seasons.

Then I relapsed because the saints hired Ross Lyon again.

Back