Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not so much him, just tear down the Collingwood fans who claim he is going to be the best player who ever lived.
This is exactly it. Most of us can appreciate how good Nick is, but it's the carry on by the Pie fans. Literally asking for him to be torn down, rightly or wrongly. Not all of them of course, but many could do with a dose of humility and tempering of expectations.

This is exactly it. Most of us can appreciate how good Nick is, but it's the carry on by the Pie fans. Literally asking for him to be torn down, rightly or wrongly. Not all of them of course, but many could do with a dose of humility and tempering of expectations.
Indeed.

How dare we appreciate our great players!

Will Ashcroft, Harry Sheezel, Jason Horne-Francis, Zak Butters, Errol Gulden etc. Nobody discusses which one of these are better than another. They’re always compared to Nick Daicos. So there is your answer.

Will is superb and is the best challenger for Nick’s seat at #1 as the most brilliant youngster in the game.

Going to be a real load of fun watching Horne-Francis, Daicos, Sheezel and Ashcroft over the years.

One bloke coming off a knee injury and doing remarkable things to impact a grand final,
I assume this is about Nick, as Nick was coming off a knee injury in 2023 finals! Massive doubts over whehter he would get back for finals...

He returned for the PF after not playing for 7 weeks and was in our best.

And then the GF Nick was in our best, 2nd in norm smith votes and directly set up big goals that got us the win in Q4.
the other from his 2nd season been his sides best player and top 5 players in the comp..
Is this about Nick also?

both incredible young players, but Nick had prob gone past Judd as the best young player in my lifetime (43 years) .. Let’s celebrate both instead of trying to bring one of them down,
Agree two young stars who both have already been huge contributors in winning a flag for respective sides.

He’s an amazing talent. With him, Sheezel, Naicos you just can see their superiority in the way they move, pick the ball, dispose of it. Always half a second ahead of their opponent and with smoother continuous movement.

Interestingly they seem to have a low centre of gravity which I think is rewarded by modern footy (can’t slam players picking the ball because of high free kicks).

Don’t need to compare Ashcroft to anyone but I’ve taken an interest since he came back from the ACL.
He is scary good, heavy duty and just so damn smart.
If Levi is better than I’m worried for every other side as to how good Brisbane will be for the next 15 years.
It never seems to play out the way people anticipate.

I’m just ecstatic having a kid who came to our club after finishing 17th, who helped us to within 1 point of playing in a GF in his 1st year and then instrumental in helping us winning a close GF in his second year.

Add to that, runner up in the Brownlow in 2 out of his 3 years in the AFL.

And I’m sure the Lions are happy with Ashcroft.

The only losers here are Carlton and Richmond fans.

Interesting that the Brisbane and Collingwood supporting posters are posting respectfully in this thread, and it's the supporters of other teams stinking it up....

Many being the usual suspects...
Yes you have been so respectful of the lions since the start of finals haven’t you……

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume this is about Nick, as Nick was coming off a knee injury in 2023 finals! Massive doubts over whehter he would get back for finals...

He returned for the PF after not playing for 7 weeks and was in our best.

And then the GF Nick was in our best, 2nd in norm smith votes and directly set up big goals that got us the win in Q4.

Is this about Nick also?

Agree two young stars who both have already been huge contributors in winning a flag for respective sides.
Kiddy Coleman was 2nd in Norm Smith votes, Daicos 3rd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Will Ashcroft - Better than Nick Daicos?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back