When does Goodwin come under pressure?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did I? Ok, how about you answer the questions then.
back-pedal-bike.gif

Call whatever you want. It's a fact.

I think
Joel Smith is an idiot and should be off the list. Why do Collingwood nuffies think I have an irrational need to defend morons or criminals if they are linked to the club I support.

Now your turn - Do you think Dane Swan should be locked up for bashing an innocent cleaner at Fed Square, then refusing to pay the court ordered compo, and do you think Collingwood should have delisted Maynard for nearly killing people driving off his chops on the Frankston freeway?

Let's see if you are a nuffie or not.

Dane swan was an idiot with what he did and was very lucky to have avoid jail time. Not sure what the hell this has to do with Maynard.

You’re throwing a lot of pretty alarming accusations here that you are claiming to be facts.

let’s deal with some facts

Maynard has been in the system for about 10 years and been rubbed out for a grand total of wait for it….2 weeks. Fact- this is not the record of a thug.

During the coverage of the game the commentators in the box all seemed to agree there was no malice in his actions.

Post game and the days proceeding the incident every ex player I heard speak of the incident including those who thought he might get suspended also agreed there was no malice. In fact I challenge you to find one ex player other than Sean smith who has quoted on the record as saying it was as you called it a dog act. I also have plenty of mates (all who’ve played alot of footy) who can’t stand Collingwood but do not think Maynard should have been suspended. More evidence that this is not just the opinion of Collingwood nuffies.

I’ve not met Maynard personally but I know people who no him well and the general sentiment for everyone I know who has met him is that he is one of the most genuine, generous and caring footballers you could met. This is also something that has been quoted numerous times by his teammates and is supported by the fact that he has won best clubman awards.

You state he was driving off his chops when he has an accident. I’ve read the reports and while he was clearly stupid there is no evidence he was driving off his chops. This is further evidence you like making sh!t up.

I appreciate that Melbourne supporters are not going to like Maynard and I feel greatly for Brayshaw. But the way you carry on and the insults you throw out is painting you as nothing more than a holier than thou sook who can’t see past your own bias.

FACT - An independent tribunal assessed Maynard’s act as an unfortunate act with no malice whatsoever and most ex players I’ve heard speak in the issue agree.

So maybe you ran into Sean Smith in a bar one night and he was with a mate who played a couple of games and they you all cried salty tears into you beer while calling Maynard a dog. Or maybe you made it up to add weight to your red and blue coloured narrative that Maynard’s the devil. I’m guessing you made it up.

While where at it should be run kosi out of the game? . His record of taking blokes heads off is a lot worse than Maynard’s with less time in the game. This is a fact!

Joel Smith is an idiot and should be off the list. Why do Collingwood nuffies think I have an irrational need to defend morons or criminals if they are linked to the club I support.

Now your turn - Do you think Dane Swan should be locked up for bashing an innocent cleaner at Fed Square, then refusing to pay the court ordered compo, and do you think Collingwood should have delisted Maynard for nearly killing people driving off his chops on the Frankston freeway?

Let's see if you are a nuffie or not.
Nearly killing people? What appears to be a minor accident where he stopped and exchanged details with the driver of the other car.

Nearly killing people? What appears to be a minor accident where he stopped and exchanged details with the driver of the other car.
Are you seriousoly that deluded?

Here are the facts=

Maynard was returning to Collingwood training Monday morning after 3 day get away with mates.
Drivers on the freeway call the police to report someone driving erratically and are worried a serious accident will occur.
Before police were able to respond Maynard crashed into an innocent driver's car.
After quickly swapping details he leaves the scene before police arrive.
arriving at Collingwood training he is stood down from training due to not being a condition to train.

If he was not off his chops driving - why did Collingwood send him home from training?

Another Collingwood/AFL PR job. Whith no consequences he will do it again. He's heading the way of that other grub Darren Millane. Hopefully he doesn't kill an innocent family.

I think

Dane swan was an idiot with what he did and was very lucky to have avoid jail time. Not sure what the hell this has to do with Maynard.

You’re throwing a lot of pretty alarming accusations here that you are claiming to be facts.

let’s deal with some facts

Maynard has been in the system for about 10 years and been rubbed out for a grand total of wait for it….2 weeks. Fact- this is not the record of a thug.

During the coverage of the game the commentators in the box all seemed to agree there was no malice in his actions.

Post game and the days proceeding the incident every ex player I heard speak of the incident including those who thought he might get suspended also agreed there was no malice. In fact I challenge you to find one ex player other than Sean smith who has quoted on the record as saying it was as you called it a dog act. I also have plenty of mates (all who’ve played alot of footy) who can’t stand Collingwood but do not think Maynard should have been suspended. More evidence that this is not just the opinion of Collingwood nuffies.

I’ve not met Maynard personally but I know people who no him well and the general sentiment for everyone I know who has met him is that he is one of the most genuine, generous and caring footballers you could met. This is also something that has been quoted numerous times by his teammates and is supported by the fact that he has won best clubman awards.

You state he was driving off his chops when he has an accident. I’ve read the reports and while he was clearly stupid there is no evidence he was driving off his chops. This is further evidence you like making sh!t up.

I appreciate that Melbourne supporters are not going to like Maynard and I feel greatly for Brayshaw. But the way you carry on and the insults you throw out is painting you as nothing more than a holier than thou sook who can’t see past your own bias.

FACT - An independent tribunal assessed Maynard’s act as an unfortunate act with no malice whatsoever and most ex players I’ve heard speak in the issue agree.

So maybe you ran into Sean Smith in a bar one night and he was with a mate who played a couple of games and they you all cried salty tears into you beer while calling Maynard a dog. Or maybe you made it up to add weight to your red and blue coloured narrative that Maynard’s the devil. I’m guessing you made it up.

While where at it should be run kosi out of the game? . His record of taking blokes heads off is a lot worse than Maynard’s with less time in the game. This is a fact!
With due respect to Maynard.

He's been split down the middle by Liam Ryan (classic) and dog shotted by Darcy (beautifully) and after flopping around on the ground like he's been shot (justifiably), apart from a few arm waving histrionics and mouthed threats to Ryan, he's not retaliated (as expected) and therefore I would have to either draw the conclusion, he's faux tough (?), smarter than he looks (unlikely) or not really a thug as we understand the term (winner).

Here are the facts=

Maynard was returning to Collingwood training Monday morning after 3 day get away with mates.
Drivers on the freeway call the police to report someone driving erratically and are worried a serious accident will occur.
Before police were able to respond Maynard crashed into an innocent driver's car.
arriving at Collingwood training he is stood down from training due to not being a condition to train.

If he was not off his chops driving - why did Collingwood send him home from training?

Another Collingwood/AFL PR job. Whith no consequences he will do it again. He's heading the way of that other grub Darren Millane. Hopefully he doesn't kill an innocent family.
unless an ambulance is called or there is damage to anything other than a car, you do not have to call police for a traffic accident. he admits he was sleep deprived, and probably shaken from the accident, so no he wasnt in a fit state to train.

Millane killed himself, luckily noone else, there is no comparison.

and seriously, all these posts? you need to seek help!

meanwhile one of my favourite shots from the game:

Here are the facts=

1718239046783.png

and yet, police didn't bother following it up. I guess the poilce also thought Maynard's collision was a football action.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Swann has never been made to own up to this disgraceful incident. What they did to the poor man was an absolute disgrace.
I agree, but I refuse to listen to a saints supporter about disgraceful incidents.
Jim O'Dea mean anything to you.

Jim O'Dea 24yo, 185cm, 91kg Police Officer
  • 10 Week ban
  • Should have been jailed
John Greening 21yo, 185cm, 83kg
  • Comatose for 24 hours
  • Cerebral concussion
  • 6 months in hospital / rehabilitation centres
The saints decided to make this thug an assistant coach, board member and life member.

Back on topic Goodwin has been under pressure since two straight set finals exits.

View attachment 2018353

and yet, police didn't bother following it up. I guess the poilce also thought Maynard's collision was a football action.
Because he did a runner before the police got there. Are you unable to comprehend or just trolling now?

Now answer me this - why did Collingwood have to send him home when he got to training? And did anyone ask Collingwood how he got home, or was it covered up?

Because he did a runner before the police got there. Are you unable to comprehend or just trolling now?

Now answer me this - why did Collingwood have to send him home when he got to training? And did anyone ask Collingwood how he got home, or was it covered up?

What I comprehend is that you are saying that VicPol, with all of its resources couldn't track down Maynard who willingly gave his details to the other driver.

I agree, but I refuse to listen to a saints supporter about disgraceful incidents.
Jim O'Dea mean anything to you.

Jim O'Dea 24yo, 185cm, 91kg Police Officer
  • 10 Week ban
  • Should have been jailed
John Greening 21yo, 185cm, 83kg
  • Comatose for 24 hours
  • Cerebral concussion
  • 6 months in hospital / rehabilitation centres
The saints decided to make this thug an assistant coach, board member and life member.

Back on topic Goodwin has been under pressure since two straight set finals exits.
Slight difference...one was on a football field and one was in the public domain

Yep....happens every week on the footy field. People striking, kicking etc. Do what Maynard did to Brayshaw to someone in the street and that would be looked at by the law.
I can assure you what O’Dea did does not happen every week and would not be looked upon in the same light as Maynard’s smother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back