Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ras was super impressive in the GF. He certainly looked a cut above all bar Noddy.
His ball use and his ability to find the ball and distrubute it well was outstanding.
He has most certainly improved from the season beginning.
I have had my doubts about him previously, but I believe he is the real deal.
He must be given early opportunities to settle himself into the best 23 next season.
And not many mentioning Cooper Simpson. I was impressed by him yesterday , as I have been previously. He is silky smooth with everything he does.Just needs to find the ball more.Not sure of his stas from the GF, but every time he got the ball he used it almost perfectly. Another who must be sreiously looked at early next season.
Only 7 touches for Simpson but both times he had an opportunity for a goal he nailed them which was nice

On Raz I was impressed with his tackling, so quick and strong, like a snapping turtle

Only 7 touches for Simpson but both times he had an opportunity for a goal he nailed them which was nice

On Raz I was impressed with his tackling, so quick and strong, like a snapping turtle
I think that was a part of his game that Longmuir said he had to get better at.If so, it appears he has improved immensely.
As for Simpson, if only seven possessions then I reckon all seven were done close to perfection.Kicked a couple and passed at least one more with clever hands.
A keeper.

Don't think racking up monster numbers will ever be Simpson's go. Quality over quantity will be so much more his thing.

Still plenty of time for him to hone his game at the level. Likely to need a bit more time, hopefully he can snare a spot in the second half of next season. It's a big area of need. The more options we can get with attacking instincts and lethal disposal quality, obvious to say, the better.

Erasmus should naturally be more on the cusp.

Don't think racking up monster numbers will ever be Simpson's go. Quality over quantity will be so much more his thing.

Still plenty of time for him to hone his game at the level. Likely to need a bit more time, hopefully he can snare a spot in the second half of next season. It's a big area of need. The more options we can get with attacking instincts and lethal disposal quality, obvious to say, the better.

Erasmus should naturally be more on the cusp.
Agree re Simpson. He will develop nicely with another preseason under his belt.Maybe get involved in the Brayshaw pre pre season.Build his tank and harden his body.
He never seems to ger ruffled when he has the ball.

Credit to both Raz and the club. We could all see that it was hindering his development having him play as the regular sub earlier in the season. In the end, the club did the right thing by him, by giving him an extended run in his preferred position at Peel and he committed to that approach. It's clearly paid dividends and hopefully this performance will springboard him into next season.

Watching NOD and Raz play, I would honestly be shocked if they both haven't permanently displaced Fyfe and JOM by the end of next year. Raz has that defensive aspect in his game that Fyfe doesn't and NOD is way more dynamic than JOM. We're going to have a much more well-rounded midfield with the addition of these two.

A couple of things from the GF yesterday, Noddy looked really switched on right from the first bounce.Hopefully he has a good preseaon plus.Loved his game.
Also looking at the two giant ruckmen, i was aamazed how much bigger Jones was than reidy.
Also remembering that Jones was once on our list. Played a couple of game I think. Big but slow , but he was impressive the way he got around the ground.A big man like that is hard to move in contests.

Agree re Simpson. He will develop nicely with another preseason under his belt.Maybe get involved in the Brayshaw pre pre season.Build his tank and harden his body.
He never seems to ger ruffled when he has the ball.
It's ok if he's not perfect right now, but his composure was one of the wraps on him as a junior.

Yep,
Too good for Peel. I hope his manager is speaking with the club saying he needs 10 full AFL games next year otherwise we’re asking for a trade. Force the clubs hand to give him a decent run at it. He needs to be taking Fyfe’s spot anyway in 12 months when he retires so it should be a 50/50 split at minimum with blocks of games. Fyfe can be the super sub.
Fyfe and JOM have to be replaceable next season. 100%.
Erasmus’ confidence and resilience is supreme. He could’ve easily just given up this season but instead he has improved each week finishing with an impressive finals series

Fyfe and JOM have to be replaceable next season. 100%.
Erasmus’ confidence and resilience is supreme. He could’ve easily just given up this season but instead he has improved each week finishing with an impressive finals series
Could Fyfe and O'Meara become a problem for the selectors early next season?

A couple of things from the GF yesterday, Noddy looked really switched on right from the first bounce.Hopefully he has a good preseaon plus.Loved his game.
Also looking at the two giant ruckmen, i was aamazed how much bigger Jones was than reidy.
Also remembering that Jones was once on our list. Played a couple of game I think. Big but slow , but he was impressive the way he got around the ground.A big man like that is hard to move in contests.
Jones is freaking huge. He would dwarf all the top ruckmen.
Reidy did well. Created some clearances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The role Erasmus is probably being developed for, essentially a bit of a centre-fwd-distributor, it won't hurt to really have that extra groundwork and polish from an extended apprenticeship.
I'm thinking more a false number 9.

I mean a what?? I think the club is going wait, see and hope he can take the final step and show AFL quality as an inside mid before they worry about his rotation positions.

If he's a good enough inside mid then he can sit in the goal square for his rotation off the ball and use his size and strength to block a man out of going third up against our actual forward targets. Tag the guy and make it a five on five ahead of the ball where the others are Treacy, Amiss, Jackson, Bolton and Frederick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back