Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

There's probably half a million paying fans and members at the time.

We've seen the failed merger proposal with the dees in 96, punch ons and all out war between pro and opposing merger proponents at the times.

If you'd wanna see these clubs move to other leagues, this would've been the way to do it.

Even if you could get a symbolically equal merger, if less than half of each club membership approve/vote for it, the new club has less supporters than the bigger of the two clubs goung in

Even if you could get a symbolically equal merger, if less than half of each club membership approve/vote for it, the new club has less supporters than the bigger of the two clubs goung in
True dat, fact is mergers aren't accepted by fans, has been proven with your mob and the dees in 96. Was emphatically rejected in the end.

They think the AFL gives preferential treatment to the Queensland and NSW clubs. The Northern states of you will.
There is no think.

It is a fact that the AFL has a strategic priority to grow the game in non-traditional football markets New South Wales and Quuensland.

Northernbias is real.

The AFL wants Sydney to be successful, so is anybody surprised that Sydney have made finals in 20 of the 24 seasons in the 21st century (the most of any club), and played in 7 GFs (the most GFs of any clubs).

But WA wowsers think North, StK and Melbourne are advantaged by some imaginary VICBias🤣🤣

Laughs at you in fluent port…

Also laughs at you in fluent, you can come 8th and never leave the mcg for finals….
You might have a Point about this....

I am suprised a Victorian Side hasnt finished out side the top 4 and not won the flag... Acutally the dogs did it in 2016.

Ok more specific. I am suprised in a way That a collingwood or Hawthorn or Richmond side hasnt won a flag finishing 5th or 6th or 7th or 8th, then plays 4 finals in a row at the MCG vs a Victorian club.

There is no think.

It is a fact that the AFL has a strategic priority to grow the game in non-traditional football markets New South Wales and Queensland.

Northernbias is real.

The AFL wants Sydney to be successful, so is anybody surprised that Sydney have made finals in 20 of the 24 seasons in the 21st century (the most of any club), and played in 7 GFs (the most GFs of any clubs).

But WA wowsers think North, StK and Melbourne are advantaged by some imaginary VICBias🤣🤣

So you say NorthBias or Northen Bias is real eh?

So The WA and SA clubs are the sloppy 3rds in The AFL bedroom?

So According to you and the AFL, This is the rankings on which sides the AFL treats well...

1. North Bias: So Queensland (Brisbane and Gold Coast) and NSW clubs (Sydney and GWS).

2. Vic Bias (the 10 victorian) clubs

3. The WA and SA bias.

Mind you I think the AFL have seen the Toxic Bay 13 poo threads between the SA clubs and have tried everything to prevent the SA clubs in winning a flag.

I am curious on how Tassie will be in this ranking.

If you disagree Dopple ganger, please rank in your View which group of sides the AFL want to see become successful. I am alway curious with your thoughts.

AFL would have been filthy that a small Melbourne team ruined things back then too.

Although I think the late 90s was when North had dropped North Melbourne and were "The Kangaroos" and playing games in NSW and ACT.
this might take a while to quote some of your posts.....

In a way Yes.... But North Melbourne in the 1990s, Specifically from 1994-99 when they at least made prelim finals, were a good side.

LOL at fair share

Sydney have played in the most GFs of any club in the 21st century.

AFL wants them to be successful.
Well the Sydney swans making a few grand finals since 1996 is a testament to how good they are. I do envy them being run well. Same with Port Adelaide under coach Ken Hinkley from 2013 onwards.

Saying that the SA clubs , The WA clubs and Victorian clubs have good local state leagues. SA has the SANFL, WA has WAFL, Victoria has, despite having 10 Vic Clubs, can get local talent in the VFL and TAC cup or under 18s cup (the Vic country league). You can complain about NSW and Queensland academy camps all you want. But persuade the AFL to invest money in NSW and Queensland state league to produce AFL draftees.

For a non vic side to make finals spot in the top 8 back in the 1990s and 2000s, They just need to win 12 games. So.... 8 or 9 or 10 games at home and 2 or 3 or 4 away games vs bottom 4 or bottom 6 sides.

I agree with that.

If Port stopped losing home finals they also would have featured in more GFs.

But another supporter base that complains loudly.
I agree on your view on Port Adelaide. We can go into a different conversation on Port and their violent and toxic hatred towards Ken Hinkley, but thats off topic.

But since you mentioned it. Yep Port finished 2nd in 2024. Got belted in that Qualifying final vs the cats.

Port could of and should of made that 2020 AFL grand final. Won the Qualifying final vs the cats, lost narrowly in the home prelim vs the tigers.

We can add 2021 as well. Again, won the QF vs the cats then got belted in a home prelim vs the dogs.

The whole thing seems moot when The AFL literally stole Gaz Jnr from geelong, a Vic team to prop them up, possibly costing geelong more flags. Was an unheard of ,off the books offer, definately not Vic Bias. And yeah they will probably do it again for Tassie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread VICBias - Genuine Discussion Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back