Mega Thread Trades and Free Agency Talk Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With respect, using terms like 'most supporters' and 'majorities thoughts' is not a way to build a compelling argument. I mean, did you go and survey every single Richmond supporter?

Anyway, semantics aside, I think that McGuane has shown enough to be kept on next year as spare parts insurance. A bit like Miller was. Had he not played in the forward line in the second half of the season I would have said his papers were stamped. But he showed a bit as a backup forward and I think he'll be kept on one more year. No-one is expecting him to play every game next year, not even the 'McGuane apologists'. I think too many of the hot headed posters still want him banished for those goofy stuf-ups in the goal square last year, rather than looking at it rationally or more to the point, dispassionately.

As a forward last year he did as well as you could expect. I think the club will rate that positively when making the decision what to do with him. I actually think it is Post who will be the one to get the chop or traded for chump change.

Personally i would prefer it to be McGuane than Post. Post reminds me a bit of McGuane in that they can both take a good grab, but their decision making under pressure and general awareness is ordinary. Being in the forward line, as opposed to the backline though, helps reduce these deficiencies to some extent. I feel though that because Post is still young, he has more upside (if any) of the 2. The aera where i think McGuane still pips him is hitting packs in the forward line and having a presence (like Miller before him). If Post could improve his impact down there, i would take him any day of the week over McGuane. I think his kicking in the forward 50 would be much better than McGuane too - he just misses too many easy shots (Freo bungle aside)! McGuane has hit/passed his peak (there is very little improvement in him even in the forward line), whereas Post could improve quite a bit and i would prefer him for depth.

Fact is Astbury, and hopefully Elton, will be ahead of both these guys next year so it's a moot point to some extent. Personally i would prefer to continue developing a young guy as depth than off load Post now and punt McGuane in the next year or so and have little back up.

On the AFL Free Agency, Trade and Draft FB page they have announced that GWS offered pick 2 for Lids and 3 for Gibbs LOL

Sounds to me like they copped some heat from the AFL for not using the mini draft as it was intended.

Gubby: The Big D isn’t happy with us that we have compromised the draft yet again.

Sheedy: Just offer pick 2 and 3 for players that we have no hope in hell of getting to make it look like we tried.

Gubby: Hi Dimma/Mick, have I got a deal for you (winks at Sheedy)

Lids is daylight ahead of Gibbs, obviously there desire for ready made players just staging it would apear

I hate to pump up my own tyres but I'm going to anyway, I posted this about a month ago.

And thank god for our sake it's happening. Party at Punt Rd?

can someone organise a truck full of flowers instead of manure this time?

if it happens of course if it doesn't someone organise the manure truck to grahams house

On the AFL Free Agency, Trade and Draft FB page they have announced that GWS offered pick 2 for Lids and 3 for Gibbs LOL

Sounds to me like they copped some heat from the AFL for not using the mini draft as it was intended.

Gubby: The Big D isn’t happy with us that we have compromised the draft yet again.

Sheedy: Just offer pick 2 and 3 for players that we have no hope in hell of getting to make it look like we tried.

Gubby: Hi Dimma/Mick, have I got a deal for you (winks at Sheedy)

I'd jump at pick 3 for Gibbs in this draft...

Trade with GWS for picks 12 and 14.
Go in the draft with:12,14,29.31,40,Plus Pick 60 odd[Compo pick for knights]
Would be a great result if we can pull it all off.5 picks in the top 40:thumbsu:

I'm still stunned. I just can't believe it...

I think Blair mentioned we'd probably go to the draft with 4 picks. So more likely 9, 29, 31 and 40. Still a good result.

But if we do happen to trade 9 for 12 and 14 - we could use 40 in another trade...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So hang on - we take knights in free agency AND get a compensation pick for him, basically for free. 40 for 50 and Gus is a great deal on its own!!!

Is it just me or is there something real strange about this whole deal? There has to be something going on behind the scenes with what the crows are cooking with this one...on face value it is the first step to being sacked in the not to distant future for Brent..

Is it just me or is there something real strange about this whole deal? There has to be something going on behind the scenes with what the crows are cooking with this one...on face value it is the first step to being sacked in the not to distant future for Brent..
Crazy Vossy MKII......

I'm not enough of an analyst or conspiracy theorist to have any real feel for this, other than it is too good to be true!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back