Mega Thread Trades and Free Agency Talk Pt2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vickory yes but Astbury and Elton hav not reached Mcquanes level of ability and consistency yet unfortunatley.

I dont rate mcquane much at all by the way.
Sorry But i really struggle when the words Ability & Consistency are associated with the name Luke McGuane

Sorry But i really struggle when the words Ability & Consistency are associated with the name Luke McGuane

I could hav said shit ability and crap consistency doesnt really matter to the point i was trying to make.

That 3rd tall is a hole we need to fix either this draft and trading period or a player like Astbury or Elton to step up .Mcquane was our best option and it is possible he will b again next season.

I could hav said shit ability and crap consistency doesnt really matter to the point i was trying to make.

That 3rd tall is a hole we need to fix either this draft and trading period or a player like Astbury or Elton to step up .Mcquane was our best option and it is possible he will b again next season.
Astbury or Elton will start at that position. Both highly rated internally by the club, and i expect they'll both be given the shot to prove themselves there this year, over mcguane.

Well someone's gotta talk him up, pretty much every has put him down since his first game.
McGuane is a solid footballer, that from what has been shown to date doesn't deliver what we are looking for in any position he has played to be a best 22 player in a Tigers Finals (or better) team. That said I have been a Tucky fan from way back and many were saying the same thing re Tucky over the preceding 2 off seasons. Therefore if MuGuane can come to the fore and turn sentiment around as Tucky has we all,c club included, will be a lot better off.

McGuane is a solid footballer, that from what has been shown to date doesn't deliver what we are looking for in any position he has played to be a best 22 player in a Tigers Finals (or better) team. That said I have been a Tucky fan from way back and many were saying the same thing re Tucky over the preceding 2 off seasons. Therefore if MuGuane can come to the fore and turn sentiment around as Tucky has we all,c club included, will be a lot better off.
Load of Garbage... Your opinion is that he is solid,however, most supporters justifiably think McGuane is a dud. As for Tucky the majority of posters here and RFC supporters thought he was underrated and were surprised that he wasn't getting a game every week. Tuck has never been the screw up that McGuane is.. ask around... Ask Richmond and other supporters and listen to the majorities thoughts... Tuck is an accomplished contributor and has been for a long time. McGuane is a poor excuse for a footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Load of Garbage... Your opinion is that he is solid,however, most supporters justifiably think McGuane is a dud. As for Tucky the majority of posters here and RFC supporters thought he was underrated and were surprised that he wasn't getting a game every week. Tuck has never been the screw up that McGuane is.. ask around... Ask Richmond and other supporters and listen to the majorities thoughts... Tuck is an accomplished contributor and has been for a long time. McGuane is a poor excuse for a footballer.
Agree.

Ask Richmond and other supporters and listen to the majorities thoughts...
Strength in numbers, but doesn't mean they're right.

McGuane clearly has limitations as a footballer, but if being a "dud" footballer = a 7 odd year and counting career at the highest level, earning hundreds of thousands of $ a season... I'd like to be so so lucky to be a "dud" footballer.

Probably nicer (and ultimately more accurate) to say "below average AFL footballer" ;)

I reckon Luke may be gaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn

He should have jumped at that contract we offered him a month ago. I dare say the club may have been slightly bemused at his belief that a better ( or any ) contract may exist elsewhere.

If i were the club i would definitely be offering a lower contract this time round, or telling him that as we have decided to recruit half of adelaide - we will only be able to offer him a spot on our mature rookie spot.

McGuane clearly has limitations as a footballer, but if being a "dud" footballer = a 7 odd year and counting career at the highest level, earning hundreds of thousands of $ a season... I'd like to be so so lucky to be a "dud" footballer.

Probably nicer (and ultimately more accurate) to say "below average AFL footballer" ;)
True. While he isn't the best footballer, when he played last year he showed he could be alright. I think he averaged something like 2 goals a game over 7 games or something. Thats pretty good for a "dud". I think he is a good back up if one of our forwards goes down.

All welcome to their opinions. McGuane's performances in the back half dozen games were more fruitful than Vickery during the course of this year. Whilst not saying he is has anywhere near the potential as Vicks, he performed a role that was serviceable, hence my solid rating. As stated, best 22 in a finals team no.

You may want to look back at postings in the time frames I referred to as the views of the mighty Tucky now were not what was being posted back then.

Could not agree more. It has confounded me in the past how quickly a cohort of supporters are to form an opinion on a player, which is often very difficult for said player to shake. I sometimes think it comes down to how likeable the player is, which is shallow as hell. McGuane performed very well this year IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did even better in the same role next year. He was on track to kick 30 + goals if he played the whole season.

Could not agree more. It has confounded me in the past how quickly a cohort of supporters are to form an opinion on a player, which is often very difficult for said player to shake. I sometimes think it comes down to how likeable the player is, which is shallow as hell. McGuane performed very well this year IMO, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did even better in the same role next year. He was on track to kick 30 + goals if he played the whole season.

Sorry but this constant assertion by all you McGoof apologists cracks me up - yeah he might've kicked 30 goals if we played all 22 games only against sides below us with nothing at stake. Did S.F.A and was infact awful in the important games and against the sides above us. When the real heat is on cream rises to the top, but crap like McGoof sinks to the bottom and weighs us down. Dud, delist.:thumbsdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back