News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

That Luke Jackson trade is a big one

Be interesting who wins out

This is why '2 first round picks' is a stupid valuation.

But when players 'nominate' clubs with poor resources, this is what you end up with.
Article in the HeraldSun today on the relevant success of teen numbered Draft Picks, compared to Top 10 …… and how hit and miss teen picks are

Would i prefer Jackson’s two mid teen Draft Picks …… or a pick # 5 and a pick #30 …. the latter is way more valuable IMO

North should be barred from asking for an priority picks if they accept that "mega" trade. Trading two pick 1's for 2,3 and a future first that probably ends up in the 10 range or so. Absolutely rolling over in this deal.
Assuming the value of what GWS is giving up for 1 is correct, and assuming Port’s pick ends up at around 12, it’s basically 2 and 33 for JHF - not a good deal, they should be getting another first on top of it from the Giants

How the hell can the Bowes trade be legal ? The afl used to previously reject deals that weren’t balanced ( ie tippet ) . What an absolute joke . Can anyone explain why this would be reasonable and if there is precedent. So sick of Victorian clubs getting a leg up . The afl doesn’t even bother to hide it anymore.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How the hell can the Bowes trade be legal ? The afl used to previously reject deals that weren’t balanced ( ie tippet ) . What an absolute joke . Can anyone explain why this would be reasonable and if there is precedent. So sick of Victorian clubs getting a leg up . The afl doesn’t even bother to hide it anymore.
AFL changed the rules this year to allow salary dump trades to be more lopsided
But when we tried it to get pick 2 for crouch we were told that amounted to draft tampering

Where is the media scrutiny on this farce that the premier is the beneficiary of the concessions. This is truly unbelievable

My two favourite SA juniors from the past 15 or so years are back in SA. ******* sucks that Horne is going to be playing for Port! He's gonna be a beast.
Just be excited that we have one of them and already have other top end SA talents Dawson, RT and Fog. First time that I can remember in a while having this many elite SA talents under 25 playing for the Crows or Port.

North should be barred from asking for an priority picks if they accept that "mega" trade. Trading two pick 1's for 2,3 and a future first that probably ends up in the 10 range or so. Absolutely rolling over in this deal.

I mean, on it's face there it's not that bad, is it? They get pick 10, at the expense of moving their two pick 1s down a spot or two. In the ballpark of reasonable.

What North have really lost in all this is development time. Instead of entering 2023 with an A-grader ready to go, they will instead have to wait until the end of 2023 just to get their new draftee.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back