News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t understand the AFL rejecting Port’s request. Horne-Francis is a first year player, not exactly trading away the future.

If it was Geelong…
I thought Geelong need that ability because they gave away their future 2nd to Brisbane for a pick swap so how are they gonna pay for Oliver Henry and the Bowes pick 7 deal with out using their future 1st??

I don’t understand the AFL rejecting Port’s request. Horne-Francis is a first year player, not exactly trading away the future.

If it was Geelong…
The AFL would not be keen on NORTH losing JHF, after just giving the Club priority picks ......nothing more needs to be said

The AFL would not be keen on NORTH losing JHF, after just giving the Club priority picks ......nothing more needs to be said
So the AFL want him to stay and see out the initial contact so other top 5 picks don't get the same idea and leave bottom clubs for better teams after one year?

Only issue is, the player is making the club's life hell, by not putting in any effort thereby tanking his price or JHF could say ok cool I'm gonna take the year off on personal leave.

So the AFL want him to stay and see out the initial contact so other top 5 picks don't get the same idea and leave bottom clubs for better teams after one year?
Exactly .....the AFL would be very worried re the number of Draftee's leaving Clubs after their initial 2 years .....they don't want to be seen to actually be encouraging the activity

4 way deals are unusual.

Why would the Roos give up the chance for a Jeremy Cameron like player, as they lack key position players after dining out on midfielders in previous drafts?

Bloody oath. North should at least be demanding #2 plus a future first - they need Cadman plus a midfielder like Wardlaw.

So they are now reporting Geelong future 3rd rounder for pick 7 and Bowes. Unbelievable. Surely this can’t be allowed

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Geelong are being gifted pick 7 and they are haggling over what give back.

How can this shit be allowed to happen?

It sounds like Bowes is willing to spread the $1.6m over 4 years instead of 2.

So why don’t Gold Coast just do that and keep Bowes and Pick 7?

It doesn’t make sense?
Probably need the 400k off the books this year.
He also probably wouldn’t agree to them pushing it back again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like Bowes is willing to spread the $1.6m over 4 years instead of 2.

So why don’t Gold Coast just do that and keep Bowes and Pick 7?

It doesn’t make sense?
Unless he's got no confidence in even getting a minimum chips contract after this one, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Surely it's changing from 1.6 over 2 to 2.0 over 4 or something.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably need the 400k off the books this year.
He also probably wouldn’t agree to them pushing it back again.
I’m surprised by the lack of criticism at gc on this.

Not just from the salary cap but they’ve given themselves 0 room for negotiation.
Why couldn’t they say we’ll trade Bowes for cheap like the pies did with Treloar ?
Instead they’re pissing top 10 picks up against a wall.

Imagine if Reid had gotten us into the same situation?

Not just from the salary cap but they’ve given themselves 0 room for negotiation.
Why couldn’t they say we’ll trade Bowes for cheap like the pies did with Treloar ?

Honestly I don’t think anyone gives a shit about them.
They are no threat to anyone so no one cares.

I think the AFL media gets told to go easy on them. Their finish to the year was really poor, one of the worst in the comp but no one really cared.

I think we should keep trying to get Lukosius regardless of his contract. I think they paid way overs for him and will want to offload in the next few years.

Word on the street is that John Doe is Ricky Nixon

Makes a lot of sense, given 1) Ricky doesn’t have his own account these days, and 2) the way John Doe types

Toot toot?

I thought Geelong need that ability because they gave away their future 2nd to Brisbane for a pick swap so how are they gonna pay for Oliver Henry and the Bowes pick 7 deal with out using their future 1st??

Pick 25 for Henry and future 3rd for pick 7!

Currently that’s what they have although hey may get something for Esava from Port to add to one of those deals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If you were the Geelong list management team, a fortnight ago you'd have thought what magic I can work with pick 18. If I'd told you less than a couple of weeks ago you would bring in Tanner Bruhn and Jack Bowes and pick 18 would be out the door but you'd have pick 7 in the draft. You'd say you're living in a fantasy land. (I know there are other picks outside of round 1 going and a salary dump that will be smoothed out over a longer contact).

But it's still a deal of a lifetime for the Cats. We could only ever dream of such a scenario.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Trade Week & DFA's Chat - Non Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Back