List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Still reckon Zurhaar would slot in nicely alongside Lynch for a few years while we develop another KPF or two. Gibcus has to play forward next year with Balta and Miller looking set down back.

A forward line from Lynch, Gibcus, Zurhaar, Bolton, MRJ, Campbell, Mansell and potentially Dusty has a bucket load of potential. It's a great mix of marking power, speed, skill, pressure and experience.
Zurhaar is a very cheap Kmart Dusty. He has the speed of Lynch and the marking power of MJR.

Still reckon Zurhaar would slot in nicely alongside Lynch for a few years while we develop another KPF or two. Gibcus has to play forward next year with Balta and Miller looking set down back.

A forward line from Lynch, Gibcus, Zurhaar, Bolton, MRJ, Campbell, Mansell and potentially Dusty has a bucket load of potential. It's a great mix of marking power, speed, skill, pressure and experience.
Gibcus does not have to play forward. Miller is playing games for the team that is ranked 17th his position is by no means set in stone, Broad will be in his final year and could very well be phased out for Gibcus.

imo Zurhaar is way overrated. Not worth what you'd have to pay to get him cash-wise, plus we'd lose Graham compo
Zurhaar in, Graham out is a net positive.
Zurhaar is a very cheap Kmart Dusty. He has the speed of Lynch and the marking power of MJR.
I'll agree he's kmart Dusty but his best is elite
Gibcus does not have to play forward. Miller is playing games for the team that is ranked 17th his position is by no means set in stone, Broad will be in his final year and could very well be phased out for Gibcus.
Miller is defending well and getting plenty of the ball and his field kicking is an asset, plus he has more scope to improve further. He's a lock going forward IMO. Plus we have Blight who I think will earn a spot. Gibcus has all the tools to be a forward, a far better forward option than Balta IMO.

Zurhaar in, Graham out is a net positive.

I'll agree he's kmart Dusty but his best is elite

Miller is defending well and getting plenty of the ball and his field kicking is an asset, plus he has more scope to improve further. He's a lock going forward IMO. Plus we have Blight who I think will earn a spot. Gibcus has all the tools to be a forward, a far better forward option than Balta IMO.
Gibcus is better than both Miller and Blight he won't be forced out of the backline, he is also a pretty good kick. Gibcus doesn't crash packs and was drafted as a defender, and richmond have played him as a defender why shift him forward?

Gibcus is better than both Miller and Blight he won't be forced out of the backline, he is also a pretty good kick. Gibcus doesn't crash packs and was drafted as a defender, and richmond have played him as a defender why shift him forward?
He was drafted as someone who could play either.

Why shift him forward? well that's pretty simple, we have far better kpd stocks than kpf and he's best suited of the fringe backs to make the move.

He was drafted as someone who could play either.

Why shift him forward? well that's pretty simple, we have far better kpd stocks than kpf and he's best suited of the fringe backs to make the move.
Strong disagree on Gibcus being able to play forward, don't want to turn a quality defender to a below average forward. Gibcus and Balta can be pillars to build the defense around

He had a couple of driving charges and busted by the cops for the coke, with another crows player, in the middle of Adelaide. So sacked by the club. Dumb rather than deceitful.

Stengle would be an upgrade on our players ~ but expensive & not a great need. I think he stays.
He is a bit of a mercenary , not convinced he would have interest in returning

Paywall:https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/th...t-coast-and-fremantle-in-trip-home-c-15087981

OOPJ1Ih.png

Strong disagree on Gibcus being able to play forward, don't want to turn a quality defender to a below average forward. Gibcus and Balta can be pillars to build the defense around
Gibcus wasn't a quality defender, not yet. He showed some glimpses of great potential sure, but he was far from quality overall in the games he played. He was gifted a fair amount if games in the back end of 2022, which I have no problem with at all.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't start 2025 pre season in attack, providing Yze falls on his sword and leaves Balta as a kpd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't disagree with your idea however last year and probably this year the end of first round will be about pick 29. Let's assume we get 2 inside the first round and 1 more in the 30's then the last 2 picks are going to be 50+ which means physically undersized kids who are probably 2 years away. If we hunt high picks (which I think we should) we will only get 3 good picks in the draft.
I'm keen on getting into the draft too. I think it's because we know that's where you get your young elite players from now, and free agency as your young core grows. Something like essendons 3 top 10 picks, for Saad and Daniher would be ideal. But we can't just get rid of anyone if the offers aren't good enough. Rd 2 picks that blow out to over pick 30 probably don't do anything for us, so it's either pay up or they stay! What would graham get us. 2nd round compo?

He’s a cherry on the top type player, would be a worthwhile pick up for a team in the premiership window.
I think when you are in rebuild mode , players like Zurhaar, are not the type of player you want to be chasing.
You’re not spending 8-900k on an x-factor medium forward, when you have so many other list deficiencies .

Zurhaar? Are we ****ing serious with this shit? 🤦‍♂️

Also Gibcus can be an elite forward. Saw it myself when he played junior footy. He’s exceptionally smart in his forward craft, great running patterns, exceptional leap and mark and accurate kick at goal. He would also be a potentially exceptional defender.

Depending on how Blight comes on, we have that flexibility with him. We won’t know till after a solid pre season in which I hope he is bulking up.

Out of interest what is the draft like in 2025, is there a gun player there? Could that impact how many picks we take this year as realistically what we do with baker rioli erx Could also depend on that?

I don't believe this is true the Bolton part for one reason Baker may have met them, Richmond has already shut down the Bolton news so it would be pointless him meeting West Coast.
The other thing I wonder with these reports is - meet to do what!? Go on a tour of the facilities? Unlikely for a player that has 3 years left on a contract. And if it’s just meet to discuss the possibility of a move at seasons end, isn’t that what managers are for.
Ya got to wonder sometimes about the media reaching for stories to fill a void

Remove this Banner Ad

Back