Ticketing arrangements vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you still get tickets at the gate?
This is what I want to know.

In previous years these games would involve picking up a FREE general admin ticket. If that same 'seat' is now $10 I'm not interested in going, and will stay at home where I can get 6 beers for the price of 2 footy beers, to name but one ridiculous saving...

This is what I want to know.

In previous years these games would involve picking up a FREE general admin ticket. If that same 'seat' is now $10 I'm not interested in going, and will stay at home where I can get 6 beers for the price of 2 footy beers, to name but one ridiculous saving...
As above, all Essendon home games are fully ticketed, there is no GA section.

Internet usage fail, finally found the page with the info, confirming what you guys have been saying: http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/etihad

tldr: confirms that club members will be required to pay $8.50 for a General Admission seat. I see that concession members would ALSO have to pay $8.50, which is disgusting.

The AFL is killing the game.

Internet usage fail, finally found the page with the info, confirming what you guys have been saying: http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/venues/etihad

tldr: confirms that club members will be required to pay $8.50 for a General Admission seat. I see that concession members would ALSO have to pay $8.50, which is disgusting.

The AFL is killing the game.

Well I called yesterday and said on the day if you arrive with your bulldog membership you can pay $25 GA, no other fee for a level 3 behind the goals. It is confusing though trying to use the website and find tickets so I just called up. Most times you can bypass the booking fee at the gate, yet get there early.

take your Bulldogs membership to the ticket booth at Etihad, you pay the difference for a seat.
Even with a general admission membership?

I refuse to give any further money to the afl on top of my membership and will be watching the game in the comfort of my lounge. Pizza and a six pack still cheaper than the price of a ticket.

It is a fully ticketed game, which means there is no GA access to level 3, or the ground. As a Bulldogs member you get free access, but you still must purchase a seat for the game. They won't let you in on GA alone

You pay for the price of a seat depending on which level you chose

It is a fully ticketed game, which means there is no GA access to level 3, or the ground. As a Bulldogs member you get free access, but you still must purchase a seat for the game. They won't let you in on GA alone

Thanks Mike, a lot of confusion surrounding this, for me as well. Pretty much have to go to the booth and request an "upgrade" then?

Cheers for that, but we will be able to do that at the gates right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was about 8 rows of empty seats behind me on level 3 that people could have easily waltzed into. Alot of people didn't show up maybe due to the weather I think because the website was showing sold seats in my area which were empty at the game.

33K to a supposedly sold out game where you can't use your membership card. AFL need to seriously consider which games are premium seating.

Yep its bullshit. AFL membership and I have to pay $15 + the booking fees for a nose bleed seat when there were plenty available. And many better seats in lower level 3. Crud.

Yep its bullshit. AFL membership and I have to pay $15 + the booking fees for a nose bleed seat when there were plenty available. And many better seats in lower level 3. Crud.
Mate if there are empty seats after qtr time you just move to the better seats:D

Only 33k at the game last night, absolutely miles from a number requiring it be fully ticketed.

Regardless of the result I'm still disappointed not to have gone, but I won't encourage the AFL's greed.

This fixture should have comfortably attracted 40,000. Theres no doubt that the multiple ticketing issues are responsible.

Just got the email from the Bulldogs saying I need to buy a reserved seat to watch the game. Can I just get a free general admin seat for my 17 game membership as per other years, or are they going to charge me a booking fee even though it's not a booking?
I never had to pay for a booking fee at these games a couple of years ago, twas give them your membership then they'll seat ya 20 rows up in level 3. Tis a disgrace if the CASHFL asks members for reserved seat fees on what would be general admin tickets

I never had to pay for a booking fee at these games a couple of years ago, twas give them your membership then they'll seat ya 20 rows up in level 3. Tis a disgrace if the CASHFL asks members for reserved seat fees on what would be general admin tickets
In view of the looming domination of GCS and GWS you would think we will be having a lot fewer sold out Melbourne games over the next five years. AFL will be struggling to hold onto every supporter they can get.

In view of the looming domination of GCS and GWS you would think we will be having a lot fewer sold out Melbourne games over the next five years. AFL will be struggling to hold onto every supporter they can get.
Interesting thought. Has the AFL create a genie that it can't put back in the pot?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ticketing arrangements vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back