Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Love watching this bloke play. He makes the side better. Elite field kicker, incredible effort and passion. If he keeps on improving like this… yokayi!

Hoping the similarity between his tattoos and Jackson’s means that they are close like brothers and want to work together at Freo forever

(Read oldgoat’s post about “yokai!” being a Noongar word and reckon we oughta adopt it; the club with the most games played by Aboriginal players should embrace that IMO)

Was a bit worried about JT going to pieces mentally in front of goal last week.
After taking a few years to be confident at the top level he looked to have really arrived.
Hopefully it was just an off week. We really don’t need both our key forwards with the yips.
It was interesting in the interview how he talks about how much seeing a psych has improved his game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a bit worried about JT going to pieces mentally in front of goal last week.
After taking a few years to be confident at the top level he looked to have really arrived.
Hopefully it was just an off week. We really don’t need both our key forwards with the yips.
Agreed but, despite the absolute shocker on conversion, the small crumb of comfort I took from last week's debacle was how well he was leading and finding (and taking) marks in very dangerous places. Hopefully he's able to move on from everything else mentally.

I love that he said he laughed off his poor kicks last week.
Genuinely intelligent & thoughtful guy. Comes across very well in interviews. I thought Kath did a great interview on Fox after the game. She’s by so far the best female presenter in the footy media.
And just quietly I love how lean & strong he is. Perfect physique for a big mobile key forward.

Could be a future captain candidate this kid.
I thought the same when I watched Better Down Back, but then realised most of the guys in our team have leadership qualities (I think that's what our scouts have been looking for)

I thought the same when I watched Better Down Back, but then realised most of the guys in our team have leadership qualities (I think that's what our scouts have been looking for)

Definitely see that in a lot of them. Probably a list as long as my arm on who is a potential future captain. Though I hope the scouts also consider cocky, little shits as well. Too much leadership can be counter-productive.

Definitely see that in a lot of them. Probably a list as long as my arm on who is a potential future captain. Though I hope the scouts also consider cocky, little shits as well. Too much leadership can be counter-productive.
That’s why Serong is perfect - he’s an angry and passionate young man on the field

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis the Josh Treacy effect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back