Autopsy Freo Tame The Tigs By 51 points in the Rain

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really disappointed with the cheer squad (or lack of) this year - there were very few chants etc. I did love the bag pipes at 3/4 time

We went to the Melbourne game last year and we were disappointed in the MCG crowd and the atmosphere in general. Our intro of the players etc is so much more exciting.
Melbourne is never a great team to watch atmosphere wise in my experience.

I find the MCG underwhelming unless the crowd is well over 50%, prefer Marvel for spectating for less attended games.
It's hard to beat one of the big marquee games at MCG though.

Didn't watch much of the game at all due to social event, nor am I likely to watch the replay haha.

That aside, I am really enjoying watching Freo this year - has been a bit of a surprise package IMO.

Would be happy for them to finish top 4 and be a flag contender. Sick of some other clubs.

Prob because Bolton kicked goals on him, which as a def is what you generally be judged on. .. but yeah other than that chappy was good.

Fair enough, thought a couple of Bolton's goals were cheapies streaming back off turnover, not really Heath's fault. Probably not the week for Walker to miss mind you.

Tough out there for a backman against absolute class, reminds me of when Griff played an absolute blinder of a game on Buddy and still got 6 kicked on him :p

Chappies goal was better than any of Bolton's. Had a huge smile on my face when he casually slotted that from the boundary.
I was in shock. Fully expecting him to centre it, and just kept going.

I'm really disappointed with the cheer squad (or lack of) this year - there were very few chants etc. I did love the bag pipes at 3/4 time

We went to the Melbourne game last year and we were disappointed in the MCG crowd and the atmosphere in general. Our intro of the players etc is so much more exciting.
The Freo Essendon game at the G should be a good comparison for crowd noise

The Pies Blues game can’t really compare with twice the amount of people

I love the chant but there wasn’t much of it going on unfortunately

Fair enough, thought a couple of Bolton's goals were cheapies streaming back off turnover, not really Heath's fault. Probably not the week for Walker to miss mind you.

Tough out there for a backman against absolute class, reminds me of when Griff played an absolute blinder of a game on Buddy and still got 6 kicked on him :p
Chapman played ok. Certainly better when creating going forward from the back half. He did get caught out of position. I think it was Bolton’s second goal in the first quarter. There was a contest about 40 out that Chapman started to go towards then realised the ball was going to be won by Richmond for the easy chip over his head for unmarked Bolton. So yes it was an over the top goal but I wouldn’t call a cheapie. I would call forward line smarts. He caught Chapman off guard. Chapman’s natural instinct is to go and chop out at a contest but he needed to be more accountable in that instance.

The Freo Essendon game at the G should be a good comparison for crowd noise

The Pies Blues game can’t really compare with twice the amount of people

I love the chant but there wasn’t much of it going on unfortunately
I bet the Essendon supporters are more vocal than the Melbourne ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For all those whining about the cheer squad, be part of the solution instead of the problem and get amongst it!

If you have no interest in joining, shut ya yaps ;)
Fair call
I’m cheering from 116
Trying to get a Freeeeoooo going up that way is very difficult

My mum thinks it’s bad luck to do the chant unless we are 100 points up with 30 seconds to go
She’s so broken

When I get to go with my mate and his missus we get a bit more traction but that’s not often

The dude behind us tooting the horn on his mobility scooter is pretty cool though 😁

For all those whining about the cheer squad, be part of the solution instead of the problem and get amongst it!

If you have no interest in joining, shut ya yaps ;)
One of the members on here was saying there's heaps of people who join "just for the cheap seats" and have zero interest in helping out. When I go to Melbourne games, I make sure I sit with the squad to help with the noise :)

Fair call
I’m cheering from 116

My mum thinks it’s bad luck to do the chant unless we are 100 points up with 30 seconds to go
She’s so broken

When I get to go with my mate and his missus we get a bit more traction but that’s not often

The dude behind us tooting the horn on his mobility scooter is pretty cool though 😁
I can hear you ;)

Fair call
I’m cheering from 116

She’s so broken

Yeah I've had some funny conversations about that with some other supporters.

I personally think it's great whenever there's a big momentum shift, either for or against us, to try and rev the boys up.

Talked about his last night.

“Hey Hayden, your a good defender, but how will you go as a mid?”

“Hey Hayden, you’re doing great in midfield, but can you play forward?”

“hey Hayden, when did you become Carey?”
His contested marking is probably the most pleasing development in his game

I was in shock. Fully expecting him to centre it, and just kept going.
Same. But he knew he had it covered. Never looked like giving it off. Scary what he could be if we can keep him fit. So talented. Do we have to thank Liam Henry bid for knocking our 1st rounder down the order so we picked Heath or you reckon we draft him anyway even with a higher pick?

Same. But he knew he had it covered. Never looked like giving it off. Scary what he could be if we can keep him fit. So talented. Do we have to thank Liam Henry bid for knocking our 1st rounder down the order so we picked Heath or you reckon we draft him anyway even with a higher pick?
Walls said we were taking Chapman anyway, regardless of pick 8 or 14 so the Henry bid didn’t matter in the end, they were very relieved he was still there at our pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Freo Tame The Tigs By 51 points in the Rain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back