Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Duke Newcombe is a genuine gift from god. Fell into box hills lap just by luck and this monster of a kid is going to become an absolute bulldozer over night.

Once he starts his winning his own ball which it sounds like he is, his defence becomes more impressive.

Where would he have gone in the draft if the season got to play out?
I see a heck of a lot of Brad Sewell in the way Duke went about his business last year. Just an absolute bull which is the way Sewelly used to operate at his best.

Sewell was one of my absolute favourites so I would be stoked if the Duke could be a Brad Sewell MII.

This is another thing you do repeatedly. People call you out on something and you move the goal posts!.....when I said that I meant this......
I haven’t heard anyone say they rate Nash ahead because of his pre season form this year, most people rate players over longer term performance. The truth is with Finn, his development has been stifled due to covid and he has zero runs on the board. Not his fault at all of course. That doesn’t mean he won’t make it either but he is yet to prove himself. Nash at least has some runs on the board. Of course these things can change quickly

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's not moving the goal posts.

I simply said that i don't think Finn is behind Nash, the way you said it and the way i interpreted it was that you meant through this pre season leading into the season.

It's not moving the goal posts.

I simply said that i don't think Finn is behind Nash, the way you said it and the way i interpreted it was that you meant through this pre season leading into the season.

“Sounds like Duke is ahead of Nash at this stage and Finn is behind both”

That’s the quote you responded to and it’s exactly the way a lot of people see it.
It doesn’t mention any timelines etc just the order in which they would get picked at this point in time. Most of us understand that a players value is determined over a longer period than 3 months of work.
If Finn plays 3 blinders in the practice matches while Nash struggles to get a kick then it all changes doesn’t it?

PS it’s not even my quote

All I’m saying mate is read carefully, don’t attack people’s points of view because at times you come across as over opinionated and that you think your opinion is worth more than others. Your passion is infectious use it to lift people up not drag them down.

I’m sure people are sick of this convo by now so I’ll end it here!

I see a heck of a lot of Brad Sewell in the way Duke went about his business last year. Just an absolute bull which is the way Sewelly used to operate at his best.

Sewell was one of my absolute favourites so I would be stoked if the Duke could be a Brad Sewell MII.

Great story too coming off the rookie list, almost being traded and going on to be a Crimmins medalist. Absolute superstar was Sewelly

“Sounds like Duke is ahead of Nash at this stage and Finn is behind both”

That’s the quote you responded to and it’s exactly the way a lot of people see it.
It doesn’t mention any timelines etc just the order in which they would get picked at this point in time. Most of us understand that a players value is determined over a longer period than 3 months of work.
If Finn plays 3 blinders in the practice matches while Nash struggles to get a kick then it all changes doesn’t it?

PS it’s not even my quote

All I’m saying mate is read carefully, don’t attack people’s points of view because at times you come across as over opinionated and that you think your opinion is worth more than others. Your passion is infectious use it to lift people up not drag them down.

I’m sure people are sick of this convo by now so I’ll end it here!

"Sounds like" i read that as what you've read here about pre season stuff.

Again i misinterpreted it.

Important to recognise that all the training watchers are writing subjective takes on the situation- when you write with such confidence/as if stating a fact the inference there is that you have been at trainings/have some factual understanding of how we are looking to structure up come round one (which by the sounds of it, literally no one knows).

""Finn behind both? from what I've gathered, Nash has done sweet F all this pre season, and is behind the pack. It sounds like Finn was good barring his kicking. Like everything else was good. ""

Using slightly more subjective language can change the whole tone of a post and I think the above reads far less dismissive than your OP.
It's called hedging - Dom is the anti-hedge, he only deals in certainty and absolutes

I would listen to T4P & SYL. They know what they are talking about. There was quite a large group of watchers today with varying views. A lot of what you take away from a session depends on where you are looking at any given time. What you see, what you don't see etc.
Too true regarding the different vantage points and seeing different things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would listen to T4P & SYL. They know what they are talking about. There was quite a large group of watchers today with varying views. A lot of what you take away from a session depends on where you are looking at any given time. What you see, what you don't see etc.
Just having a bit of fun Axe.

We really appreciate the effort from all of those who go to training and then share their insights with us (even if conflicting)

Duke Newcombe is a genuine gift from god. Fell into box hills lap just by luck and this monster of a kid is going to become an absolute bulldozer over night.

Once he starts his winning his own ball which it sounds like he is, his defence becomes more impressive.

Where would he have gone in the draft if the season got to play out?
That CHUBBSS is how to write a love letter… do you mind if I plagiarise it for Valentine’s Day. 🤷🏼‍♂️ 😂

So can most of us here - but we don’t speak so authoritatively as though we have been track watching on a daily basis. Maybe save the lecturing other posters on preseason form to those actually watching?
He suggested Nash had done “F all” which is a fair conclusion considering he’s hardly been in the country.
Also that Finn has been really impressive despite his kicking needing work, which has been frequently mentioned in here.
Not sure how you can have such an issue with his post.

He suggested Nash had done “F all” which is a fair conclusion considering he’s hardly been in the country.
Also that Finn has been really impressive despite his kicking needing work, which has been frequently mentioned in here.
Not sure how you can have such an issue with his post.

Because he so often speaks as though he’s a voice of authority and can’t wait to diminish the opinions of others when he doesn’t attend training sessions like others do. It isn’t ridiculous to say that Nash will get a game before Finn being that Mitchell’s clearly big on Nash being in the midfield and he played the tail end of the season there while Finn had to battle for a new contract - suggesting such doesn’t warrant being spoken down to by someone whose knowledge isn’t in any way more advanced. It’s a recurring theme and I find it a little grating - disagreement on where a player is at and where players will line up is what we’re here for, but to speak as though you’re the knower of all things when an ocean separates you from training sessions - maybe be a tad more diplomatic.

Trying to rank which fringe player is ahead of which other fringe player is about as meaningful as a Kane Cornes article, and filling this thread with petty squabbling about it is about as welcome as a James Hird in a swimming pool.

Rise above it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Summer Footy Fix - 2022 training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back