MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone into hiding after the McAdam ruling, after realising how lucky sniper Pickett was
Was a no brainer for them to accept the penalty once they realised McAdam was being sent straight to the tribunal.

Patrick Cripps won the 2022 Brownlow after this incident vs Ah Chee.
If anything, it was worse than McAdam's bump because the impact on Ah Chee involved more head than body, and Cripps left the ground to make contact.
Case closed. McAdam you are free to play.

Was a no brainer for them to accept the penalty once they realised McAdam was being sent straight to the tribunal.

More shocked they were even considering appealing lol

Would have been the easiest 10k the AFL would even make

I'm thinking I will not turn up to this weekend's home game & going to send an email to AFL house that I have had enough of Christian & his BS inequity.

As someone who has attended Crows games since the initial game v Hawks, I'm becoming fed up with the AFL ruining our game

Patrick Cripps won the 2022 Brownlow after this incident vs Ah Chee.
If anything, it was worse than McAdam's bump because the impact on Ah Chee involved more head than body, and Cripps left the ground to make contact.
Case closed. McAdam you are free to play.

People need to remember Cripps was found guilty and let off due to procedural justice not that he wasn’t guilty of it.

I was there as a neutral. It was a disgusting act.

Add to that the Melbourne supporters nearby sooking it up everytime the sniper was booed and jeering that Baz deserved it.

Far out.
Dees would be petitioning for a royal commission if the roles were reversed. Was actually kind of hilarious the cheers that rang across the ground when Kossie left the field. Shithouse form.

I have had two chats with McAdam at Crows trainings runs. He's a very quietly spoken fella.
Doesn't have much media profile. Family man.
Plays footy for a club that fought the Mackay suspension and won, and the club is on the wrong side of the Grampians.

All these things are going to work against him.
If he was a big name player, with sponsors, from big name club - he'd already have been given a fine, and an additional few media appearances to pay for the fine. [insert Trent Cotchin here].

Don't even reckon Adelaide will miss McAdam and still beat us.
Did you watch that crows/gws game yesterday.. it wouldve been 50 degrees in the sun out on that oval..

A couple of crows supporters on our board said it was unbareably hot sitting in the shade in the stand and had to leave to go stand in the tunnels to get some breeze whete it was still bloody hot.

We now have a 5 day break to recover and play your lads coming off a 9 day break..

You will absolutely flog us..

And bet against GWS this week.. they will be struggling to get up this week too..

The players faces said it all as they walked off at halftime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking I will not turn up to this weekend's home game & going to send an email to AFL house that I have had enough of Christian & his BS inequity.

As someone who has attended Crows games since the initial game v Hawks, I'm becoming fed up with the AFL ruining our game
Dear AFL

As a Crows member who has attended nearly every home game, including the initial game against the Hawks I have lost confidence in the AFL tribunal to act in a professional manner. This has been the case since Christian has been in the role.

Sending McAdam straight to the AFL for an incident which was clearly not as bad or at worst the equal as the Pickett incident is the last straw.

Social media is up & arms as this does not pass the pub test.

Renowned commentator on head incidents David King is so confused he can no longer work out what the MRO is doing.

Make no mistake, I have no issue that the head is sacrosanct but in no way is Michael Christian being consistent in his rulings.

Also, McAdam has been held more to account because the Bulldogs were negligent for not assessing Smith for concussion.

You have seriously lost me if you can't sort this mess out in a fair manner.

Last edited:
But McAdam is assessed as more severe because their doctors actually put Wehr through a concussion test? Why should the actions of the doctors determine how something is graded? Game is going nuts.
There needs to be criticism directed at the Dogs' medical team for not putting Smith through a concussion test. With the class action lawsuits taking place, it was complete and utter negligence to not go ahead with it regardless of whether he turned out ok.

There needs to be criticism directed at the Dogs' medical team for not putting Smith through a concussion test. With the class action lawsuits taking place, it was complete and utter negligence to not go ahead with it regardless of whether he turned out ok.

Yeah I think grading something as severe just because someone had a test is inherently flawed and not doing the AFL any favours.

Tests should be done every time there is even the tiniest possibility. A test does not or at least should not indicate a terrible incident has occurred. Just doctors doing the due care to look after players. Do the test, if they pass, play on. That’s why it’s a test.

Given the impact - both should have had mandatory concussion tests - it’s just idiotic
Isn't the fact that a concusion test wasn't undertaken when a player has been smashed in a front on contact to the head a major issue that needs investigating.

What the actual F!!

The AFL is a joke on this. No test for Smith is a blatant failure of duty of care and the Pickett 2 weeks is just a complete farce

We just want consistency in decision..no problem with a 2 week suspension for McAdam based on Pickett. What should happen tomorrow is that Christian should be holding a media conference to say that on reflection he has made the wrong call to refer McAdam to the tribunal in light of the Pickett suspension and that they have amended the decision to hand out a 2 week suspension. That way the public can see the AFL can reflect on things to make the right call and we can all move on

This is a horrible take. You're taking your misguided frustrations you've built up from the AFL and their match review process and using it to question the integrity of a medical team that - and this is just one example - told Tim English last year he wasn't playing senior football for over a month due to a concussion he suffered.

How about taking your frustrations out on the player that could very well have paralyzed another.

Isn't the fact that a concusion test wasn't undertaken when a player has been smashed in a front on contact to the head a major issue that needs investigating.

What the actual F!!

The AFL is a joke on this. No test for Smith is a blatant failure of duty of care and the Pickett 2 weeks is just a complete farce
Put it this way - they’re not helping themselves from a legal viewpoint / duty of care

This is a horrible take. You're taking your misguided frustrations you've built up from the AFL and their match review process and using it to question the integrity of a medical team that - and this is just one example - told Tim English last year he wasn't playing senior football for over a month due to a concussion he suffered.

How about taking your frustrations out on the player that could very well have paralyzed another.
It should be a blanket rule that any contact to the head requires a concussion test, it would remove any grey area. Then the result of the concussion test determines the severity of the MRO findings.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Shane McAdam Bump on Jacob Wehr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back