Saints to win ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Truth About Saints v Lions

kahuna71 said:
Possibly, but they hammered us hard with this kind of play at the dome and it didn't really work for them. It will be all-in, I imagine.

I personally don't think you have seen what the Lions can physically throw at a team. See any the Brisbane vs Essendon games from after the 2001 Grand Final and then you'll see a team that physically means business.

Homer said:
Akermanis would be back within a half-hour and he would be on fire if you did that. Don't light the fire, because putting it out may be harder than you think.

Not if he gets taken off on a stretcher! ;)

Fraser said:
Not if he gets taken off on a stretcher! ;)

Firstly, Guerra is a sniper so it would most likely be a cheap shot, thus yeah, it may happen.

That would be the way to totally rile the GABBA crowd up and they would be louder than the Dome when its chockers. That would easily push the Lions over the line.

Don't light a fire that you may not be to put out.

Re: It's a Night game, saints havea chance

Melbourne Lion said:
Christ stupido!
it isnt often that I am ashamed of my fellow supporters but everytime I read your posts I find myself cringing.
Brisbane are a good side,and history says we should win but anything can happen in footy and it seems you are doing your very best to jinx us.
A closet collingwood man perhaps?

I second that!!

Homer said:
Firstly, Guerra is a sniper so it would most likely be a cheap shot, thus yeah, it may happen.

That would be the way to totally rile the GABBA crowd up and they would be louder than the Dome when its chockers. That would easily push the Lions over the line.

bollocks - I'm sure they're quivering in their boots.

Homer said:

Therefore the Saints have one sniper whereas the Lions have at least four. The Scott brother are the dirtiest snipers in the League, closely followed by Chris Johnstone (sic?).

You want to talk tough play and sniping? Bring it on. For christs sake it is a final, you think the Saints will shirk the issue?

Homer said:

Look up sniper in the dictionary and there is a picture of Scott throwing Hayes into a fence, breaking his arm. Read down, and there is another picture of him throwing a cheap punch at an irish man.

Scott brothers are the King of snipers.

I seem to remember Scott Burns tried that exact same thing on brown in last years GF,he bounced back up.
Not a good thing to do to this Brisbane side, it angers them.Remember Flethcer and Corrie,the switch went on after that and they blew Essendon out of the water.

Fraser said:
Look up sniper in the dictionary and there is a picture of Scott throwing Hayes into a fence, breaking his arm.

If that's your definition of 'sniping', I hope it's never you with a shot at Osama.

Joffaboy said:
Therefore the Saints have one sniper whereas the Lions have at least four. The Scott brother are the dirtiest snipers in the League, closely followed by Chris Johnstone (sic?).

You want to talk tough play and sniping? Bring it on. For christs sake it is a final, you think the Saints will shirk the issue?

Did I hear someone say "NO RULES"?

Pevers-Legend said:
A clearance is merely clearing the ball - doesn;t mean you have got it. Many people get clearances who are receivers.

It's not that I don't believe he is a good player, it is just that I believe he is over-rated. It has happened all too often that players are made to look better than they are due to the efforts of the supersatrs in their team - of which Brisbane has a gazillion.

Finishing is a very important part of the game and Power is very very good at it, and that is where he is most damaging - but to me, he reminds me of Headland. Never getting the best tag on him. Now Headland does and look at him.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I respect and would expect many people to disagree wiht my sentiments, because they are not the norm. Watch him closely next time and you might see what happens.

Also, receivers can come highly in a B&F. If you are good at it, you are a vitla cog in a team. You need in and under players, but you also need finishers and if they do their job right, then they are just as damaging.

i absolutely agree, ive watched power closely this year and he plays the role as the finisher, some may say he a reciever, may be a bit harsh but he does benefit from others good work

I like the saints midfield. Whether they can perform on the night time will
tell.

Ball and Dal Santo are the cream for the saints. Harvery the aging veteran
we all know, like Heath Blacks form can hurt teams but maybe not so good
defensively, Hayes is good on his day as well.

For Brisbane Lappin and Johnson impress me, really hurt the saints big time
I thought in their last contest.

Also rate Reiwoldt and Leppitsch very highly but will properly end up
nulifying each others influence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

konstas_87 said:
understudy said:

With McGuire can release Kozi forward and expose bris lack of tall backs.

QUOTE]

michael, leppitsch, white, copeland
potenitally, bradshaw pike

yeh lack of talls

Thats cool so your going to play no forwards tonite- novel approach

I watched the game from the other week again this afternoon.

I think the loss of Lynch will hurt Brisbane more than anything else.

Losing Keating is a blow but I think they can cover it. Knobel was doing pretty well against Keating, in terms of nullifying his influence. However I'm not sure if Knobel can dominate a game as he was actually getting more hitouts than Keating but St Kilda weren't really able to benefit, so McLaren should make the ruck duel a neutral outcome.

Pike will be critical - I think he will need to spend time at CHF, where he can actually perform pretty well.

Brisbane still have some tall options though - Copeland and Bradshaw can take tall forwards if necessary.

Brisbane beat St Kilda simply by increasing the pressure around the ground last time and so it will be a matter of whether the Saints can stand up this time or panic again.

I hate to say this but we are screwed.We have too many of our spine out.No Lynch,Charman,Keating,White,plus 10 players I know of mid week who had this virus.If White came down with it 2 hours ago,will others mid match.

Saints arrogance rewarded :) And if the cats lose? Well you have nothing on us, no one has made such arrogant posts in assuming they would win against the Power like you have done so with the Lions.

:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Saints to win ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back