Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
And it was a bolt action shot gun, would that be preferred over a handgun for a suicide? Also, shot in the head!

And being dog people I can’t understand why they’d shoot them. And not that it matters that much but Vizlas are absolutely beautiful dogs and very protective.

Great summary. I’m kind of with Badd0g on their point around the loading of the bodies into the trailer. Why CC first over RH if he’s closer to GL’s camp.
Dunno the why of his actions, but of my reading head shots that blow a head apart are literally bloody affairs; the heart continues to pump blood to the brain, but there's nothing there.

Perhaps some of the medical professionals on this thread can provide more accurate physiological advice.

He's already at the victim's campsite, possibly in half light around dusk or under the lights of the awning and he sets about to cleaning up the site, picking up the mirror, the cartridges and the component pieces of Clay's skull that he can see. He grabs the sleeping bags and stuffs Clay's body in one so he doesn't have his sensibilities upset by looking at her body.

Takes the drone for his own use, but disposes it after the media starts reporting that Police were looking for it

He's not going to put the bloodied bodies in the trailer on top of all his camping gear, so he brings the trailer down to load Clay's body in it when he is satisfied that it as clean that he can see. He then goes back to his campsite and packs it up. placing everything in the back of the Patrol and then picks up Hill's body by placing it in the other bag in the trailer. Pours his remaning water over the site of Hill's death to remove any blood stains (if any).

I think setting the fire was the last thing he did, I think Hill's 'Criuser was meant to go up as well

Last edited:

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.
I read somewhere earlier that there was a hit’n’ run up in the high country somewhere? Will try to find details

Dunno the why of his actions, but of my reading head shots that blow a head apart are literally bloody affairs; the heart continues to pump blood to the brain, but there's nothing there.

Perhaps some of the medical professionals on this thread can provide more accurate physiological advice.

He's already at the victim's campsite, possibly in half light around dusk or under the lights of the awning and he sets about to cleaning up the site, picking up the mirror, the cartridges and the component pieces of Clay's skull that he can see. He grabs the sleeping bags and stuffs Clay's body in one so he doesn't have his sensibilities upset by looking at her body.

Takes the drone for his own use, but disposes it after the media starts reporting that Police were looking for it

He's not going to put the bloodied bodies in the trailer on top of all his camping gear, so he brings the trailer down to load Clay's body in it when he is satisfied that it as clean that he can see. He then goes back to his campsite and packs it up. placing everything in the back of the Patrol and then picks up Hill's body by placing it in the other bag in the trailer. Pours his remaning water over the site of Hill's death to remove any blood stains (if any).

I think setting the fire was the last thing he did, I think Hill's 'Criuser was meant to go up as well
Where do you get that he stuffed CC into a sleeping bag? Or RH?
This is not proven to have happened.
I don't believe he has any sensitivities or respect for a human being he objectifies them by calling them it.
On the ROI he says he didn't put anything but a nylon tarp over them which he burnt at the Pines.
The drone was also burnt at the pines according to GL in the ROI.
Why would he want a drone for his own use?
I believe he took the drone and the phone attached to look at it in daylight when he had time to figure out whether it had used the cloud and that by destroying both he had then destroyed all possible footage. He did not have time to do this on the night in the dark.
In the ROI the Dect's ask about burning the keys that he says he burnt with the drone. I am certain they would have checked out this fire at the pines to ascertain that it was fact.

Do we know if there was a Coroner's Inquiry in to these deaths and that ballistics matched to the gun found near Japp Viergever?
Something about that article. Again, they called the weapon a gun and a shotgun and it turned out to be a .22 rifle. I'd be very surprised if a .22 would do massive damage to someone's head even at point blank range.

When I was searching for that poster (Ramjet), I came across another one. He posted only 9 times and only on that forum (under that name), but was still active on the site until early in 2024. Curious!!

Was it our thread? This one on Big Footy ? The hide of him. He just couldn’t help himself and got involved in the commentary of his own crime.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, I wonder if they looked for duct tape residue on her hands & feet? Her being found dead in the foetal position was what made me think of it when I saw the reenactment.

Where did you see a reenactment? Is it on 60 Minutes or have I missed more that I need to catch up on.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coroner to my knowledge did not know - nor take into account - the threats made ten years prior.

With regard to Lisa’s inquest much of what her friends and family knew was not entered for consideration. That should change big time with the next inquest.

There is information that has still not surfaced or been investigated.
I drew attention before, to how GL only showed real emotion, in the ROI when he was querying whether his manager had spoken to police. That emotion was hate and there was insight into GL being fueled by this one emotion.

People were incredulous that a pilot was accussed of a double murder and total disposal of his victims bodies for a long while. This type of murder doesn't come from nowhere, though it seemed as though it did to many.
That was how the Defence framed it, it was impossible that this man did that, it was down to 2 unfortunate accidents & bad luck. People like that don't do things like that out of the blue, there is always something behind them.
What made GL think he could get away with it, Practise.

GL's comment on being charged with double murder, “I'm innocent of murder. I haven't behaved well, I've made some poor decisions, but murder, as I understand it, I am innocent." says a lot more about his comfort level in thinking about murder and how to get away with it.

The venn diagram that intersects on murder, supposed suicide and evidence destroyed by fire, the main things that all link up across 3 cases of 5 victims (not counting his want to kill animals), all linking to him being the common denominater.
The arrogance shown in the ROI by GL, is of someone very comfortable with explaining away murder and well practsed with getting away with murder.

People (police included) can be very gulible when presented with a plausible persona, their perceived bias kicks in and no reasonable suspicions are accommodated. It is human nature to not fathom these depths of depravity and to be suprised when an evil, truly evil one is revealed. The insurance assesor couldn't square the circle in the double murder at ZigZag Rd, a person practised in looking beyond the obvious.
It occurs to me that the person GL reminds me most of is Dr Harold Shipman. Undone by one that uncovers the rest.

The Viergever's died 9 years after Lynn's property at Mount Macedon was sold. So it seems a long bow that he'd return 9 years later, and 11 years after the death of Lisa.

But the one thing that raises suspicion is the fire.

I wouldn't have thought a fire was a typical component of a murder suicide. Unless there was something else in the person's house they were really trying to hide from authorities, that they didn't want people to find out.

I drew attention before, to how GL only showed real emotion, in the ROI when he was querying whether his manager had spoken to police. That emotion was hate and there was insight into GL being fueled by this one emotion.

People were incredulous that a pilot was accussed of a double murder and total disposal of his victims bodies for a long while. This type of murder doesn't come from nowhere, though it seemed as though it did to many.
That was how the Defence framed it, it was impossible that this man did that, it was down to 2 unfortunate accidents & bad luck. People like that don't do things like that out of the blue, there is always something behind them.

GL's comment on being charged with double murder, “I'm innocent of murder. I haven't behaved well, I've made some poor decisions, but murder, as I understand it, I am innocent." says a lot more about his comfort level in thinking about murder and how to get away with it.

The venn diagram that intersects on murder, supposed suicide and evidence destroyed by fire, the main things that all link up across 3 cases of 5 victims (not counting his want to kill animals), all linking to him being the common denominater.
The arrogance shown in the ROI by GL, is of someone very comfortable with explaining away murder and well practsed with getting away with murder.

People (police included) can be very gulible when presented with a plausible persona, their perceived bias kicks in and no reasonable suspicions are accommodated. It is human nature to not fathom these depths of depravity and to be suprised when an evil, truly evil one is revealed. The insurance assesor couldn't square the circle in the double murder at ZigZag Rd, a person practised in looking beyond the obvious.
It occurs to me that the person GL reminds me most of is Dr Harold Shipman. Undone by one that uncovers the rest.
In some ways Cops are like a GP, if they give you a pill and it fixes the problem, then they look no further. If the suspect gives his version events and you've "got him", then they go onto the next case.

If a person has killed once before. Or say for example three times, over the course of two decades and got away with it, that will naturally lead to a sense of confidence that they will be able to do so again. And will influence actions both in the commision of the act and subsequently.

Which is very different to way someone would react to killing someone’s for the first time.

If a person has killed once before. Or say for example three times, over the course of two decades and got away with it, that will naturally lead to a sense of confidence that they will be able to do so again. And will influence actions both in the commision of the act and subsequently.

Which is very different to way someone would react to killing someone’s for the first time.
That's right and it's been proven to happen like this. I couldn't kill an animal let alone a human unless there was a direct threat to my family. My daughter makes me pick up the Huntsman spiders and re-locate them gently outside. LOL

Also note; it was 2ltrs of kerosine used on the bodies of CC & RH that is not a little bit.
Yes I picked up on that… initially he said oh a little bit of an accelerant, later said it was kero and eventually when asked again how much and he said reluctantly, oh about 2 lts

To me, a little bit would be a splash… but two litres would take some time to pour, even from a Jerry can.

Last edited:
That’s interesting… antidepressant overdose listed as contributing factor in coroners report! View attachment 2037280
I did notice that too, and Benzo (which is Valium - can be used as a mild sedative) and there was 0.08 of alcohol in the woman and more in the man.

It did note that Mr had depressive symptoms and anxiety, which is consistent with sertraline (Zoloft).

Coroner’s finding suggested murder suicide.

Unlicensed gun. Not sure about ballistics.

But like Hill Japp was not known to be a gun person.

And like the crime scene for Hill and Clay the subsequent fire destroyed almost all evidence to pursue other avenues.

Sure is starting to look like an MO. Which I alluded to weeks ago.
Again, why burn the place, unless it contained evidence? Viergever wouldn’t be doing that. (Unless burning the house prevented his creditors from profiting?)

Gun was registered but neither of the victims had a licence.

So who was the gun licensed to is the question and why is it not revealed in the coroners report or the media reporting.
Our gun registry and gun license system is inadequate.

You get the feeling someone will write a best selling book about all of this. Wonnangatta, Lynn's life, his background and the various crimes he's now being associated with.

Has it been established who raised Lynn's sons? He was in Qatar for 5 years until 2007 apparently. So approx 2002 - 2007. His two boys would've been in primary school during that time (born approx 1996 and 1998). Did they live in Qatar with him?

Situations like this, it's easy to forget the human element. Of course the Hill and Clay families, but also Lynn's family. 1 and 3 years old, the younger one wouldn't remember his mother and the older one would have vague patches of memory at best. Now they're both in their 20s and won't have much of a relationship with their father. Tragic.

Back