Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1 Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

DPP v Lynn [2024] VSCA 62 (12 April 2024) INTERLOCUTORY APPEAL

R v Lynn (Rulings 1-4) [2024] VSC 373 (28 June 2024)

R v Lynn (Rulings 5 & 6) [2024] VSC 375 (28 February 2024)

R v Lynn (Ruling 7) [2024] VSC 376 (8 May 2024)

The Greg Lynn Police Interview Tapes (Shortened Version)

The 3.5 HR Police Interview

THREADS FOR THE HIGH COUNTRY DISAPPEARED
High Country Disappearance of Prison Boss David Prideaux
The Disappearance of Warren Meyer

2008 - Warren Meyer (23 March 2008) not found
2010 - Japp and Annie Viergever (29 March 2010) both shot & 3 dogs, house burnt.
2011 - David Prideaux (5 June 2011) not found
2017 - Kevin Tenant (17 February 2018) shot 3 times, played dead.
2019 - Conrad Whitlock (29 July 2019) not found
2019 - Niels Becker (24 October 2019) not found
2020 - Russell Hill and Carol Clay (20 March 2020) murdered

Lynn's first wife Lisa, was found dead on 26 October 1999.

Last edited:
When the news broke of Lynn’s arrest I crawled through Facebook and got lots of images before it was shut down.

There was a video of Lynn driving a 4WD in a river crossing. He had one of his sons in the car.

I wish I had downloaded it.

Anyone remember seeing this? Or better yet made a copy.

A time stamp would be useful now that we know he made several return trips.

Think I remember seeing one with him and his iPad on the dash of the Patrol using HEMA. Could be wrong.

He said was loading it as he walked away.

Guess it depends if Lynn left loaded magazine.

But even then hard to load a Magazine into an unfamiliar gun in the dark. As you are being chased. And then turn off safety catch.

I think he meant inserting the magazine. Which is consistent with his ROI.

Irrespective yes. You need to be able to load the magazine, cycle (pull the bolt back and inject a shell into the breach) and then take the safety off to fire.

It was somewhat revealing in his ROI that he compared the gun to an “armalite”. Armalites are ARs so he’s definitely on US websites shit posting about guns.

Those that are using this thread for research suggest starting with the Snipers Hide first

I'm coming to the conclusion that Lynn is not to be remotely considered to be a criminal mastermind

He had about 8 months(?) from the time of first being questioned by the police to his arrest.

A motivated crim would have used that time to get the story down pat, go through all the permutations of the questions he could be asked and get the totality of his story logical, straight and well rehearsed to the point where he could be asked a question outside his narrative and be able to answer them

His ROI (and I haven't watched in in its entirety) almost seems to be make up during the previous 2 days, therefore all the discrepancies.

Assume that elements of his story may be based on actual events, probably his actions from leaving the campsite have a foundational base of actual events because that doesn't affect the actions leading up to or immediately following the couple's deaths except the exact place of the disposal of the phones, knife and drone

Too smart for his own good or a misplaced faith in his own abilities?

It was somewhat revealing in his ROI that he compared the gun to an “armalite”. Armalites are ARs so he’s definitely on US websites shit posting about guns.

Those that are using this thread for research suggest starting with the Snipers Hide first
30 minutes on that and reading the last 40 minutes of postings is enough!

Now to delete my cache and browsing history to make sure that I won't be reminded to look there again :eek:

Ok I’ve just checked. He said in his interview there were four shots. Hill fired a couple, one hit Ms Clay and then he fired the last one.
Has then said on the stand, four or five.
I don’t believe for one second Hill fired any shots.

The other slugs may well have been collected by Lynn. Especially easier for him to remove slugs from corpses that were left in the bush for 6 months.

What’s interesting is that the slug which was found to have Clay’s dna on it was marked near the pink string and poles, almost perpendicular to where Clay was allegedly shot. A question to ask is how did a slug do a 90 degree right turn if she was shot from the front bonnet? It seems more likely she was shot from the rear of the vehicle between the tent and canopy. It also explains why the mirror was removed as blood splatter would have gone onto and behind the mirror.

IMO

Given he said he only used two litres of kerosene to almost entirely turn two bodies to dust, I'm not convinced Hill and Clay were all left in one place being Union Spur Track.

There might be another dump site, maybe the river.
I agree and have wondered the same.

And during the interview, he mentioned maybe more than once that some partial remains of Hill and Clay could have been relocated due to wild animal activity. Why would he say that ? Covering his back in case a member of the public stumbled upon human remains ?

What’s your thoughts on why he would say this?
Anyone’s guess. All I can think of he might have been worried any drone footage was stored in the cloud so he didn’t want any tech heads trying to retrieve ? So if he said the phone was attached to the drone then was he thinking the recording was done by the phone and the phone had not been backed up ?

But could you do this walking in the dark? Seems it would be impossible.

You have to hold the gun, the magazine, the rounds and juggle them all. Get them in the magazine and then load the magazine into the gun.

And then hill would have to take the safety catch off to fire.

All in the dark while walking away from Lynn’s car.

Lynn said he heard him in the car and chased him straight away. So that is seconds. Not minutes.

Thinking about this the prosecution missed a big opportunity here. To have this process shown to jury in real time.

But like OJs glove. If the story of the gun doesn’t fit you must reject.
Hi HC

Hope this helps, and happy for anyone else to add their experiences as well

The shotgun used by Lynn has a magazine that holds the shells. So assuming the magazine was already full, Hill would have to have the magazine the right way around, then there would be a little tab/catch that gets pressed so that the magazine will click in and out of place. With Hill not being familiar with the weapon and it being dark, this alone would have been a process and taken some time. Even finding the tab on the gun would have been a process in full light, let alone in the dark. If Hill had to load the shells into the magazine, in the dark, with a pissed off bloke on his tail.... Hill would have been better off using the shotgun as a club.

Hill would then need to draw the bolt back so a slug enters the chamber, and then slide the bolt back forward so the shotgun is ready to fire. This would have been a bit easier, but, again, as Hill would have been unfamiliar with the gun, it would have been hard in the dark, as you want to be able to see what you are doing the first time at least. The bolt would need to be pulled back and slid forward after each shot to eject the spent slug and load a fresh slug into the chamber.

I cant talk about what Lynn was like with his guns (and I dont believe the story about the weapons 'just' being in the front seat as this goes against all of his safety training), but any real hunter knows that you do not load a bullet into the chamber until the moment just before you are ready to fire. You never carry around a gun with a round in the chamber. This means that on bolt action rifles at least, the safety catch is somewhat redundant and is often left 'open'.

FWIW if it was a 'break-open' shotgun the story would have been more believable, as Hill would have just had to flick the catch to 'open' the shotgun, put the slugs in the chamber and 'close' the shotgun for it to be ready to fire.

When the news broke of Lynn’s arrest I crawled through Facebook and got lots of images before it was shut down.

There was a video of Lynn driving a 4WD in a river crossing. He had one of his sons in the car.

I wish I had downloaded it.

Anyone remember seeing this? Or better yet made a copy.

A time stamp would be useful now that we know he made several return trips.

We had discussion about it around here
One of our posters noted a gap on FB (on a public setting), between 2017 and 2020 so the video with his son crossing the river was before that. I thought someone had taken a screenshot but I haven't found it yet.

I think he meant inserting the magazine. Which is consistent with his ROI.

Irrespective yes. You need to be able to load the magazine, cycle (pull the bolt back and inject a shell into the breach) and then take the safety off to fire.

Hi HC

Hope this helps, and happy for anyone else to add their experiences as well

The shotgun used by Lynn has a magazine that holds the shells. So assuming the magazine was already full, Hill would have to have the magazine the right way around, then there would be a little tab/catch that gets pressed so that the magazine will click in and out of place. With Hill not being familiar with the weapon and it being dark, this alone would have been a process and taken some time. Even finding the tab on the gun would have been a process in full light, let alone in the dark. If Hill had to load the shells into the magazine, in the dark, with a pissed off bloke on his tail.... Hill would have been better off using the shotgun as a club.

Hill would then need to draw the bolt back so a slug enters the chamber, and then slide the bolt back forward so the shotgun is ready to fire. This would have been a bit easier, but, again, as Hill would have been unfamiliar with the gun, it would have been hard in the dark, as you want to be able to see what you are doing the first time at least. The bolt would need to be pulled back and slid forward after each shot to eject the spent slug and load a fresh slug into the chamber.

I cant talk about what Lynn was like with his guns (and I dont believe the story about the weapons 'just' being in the front seat as this goes against all of his safety training), but any real hunter knows that you do not load a bullet into the chamber until the moment just before you are ready to fire. You never carry around a gun with a round in the chamber. This means that on bolt action rifles at least, the safety catch is somewhat redundant and is often left 'open'.

FWIW if it was a 'break-open' shotgun the story would have been more believable, as Hill would have just had to flick the catch to 'open' the shotgun, put the slugs in the chamber and 'close' the shotgun for it to be ready to fire.

Thanks so much.

Seems this is one of the biggest holes in his story. Up there with guy rope.

He had to make up a story of a loaded gun getting into the hands of Hill. And it’s totally impractical and not plausible.

I wish the jury had been shown how to load the gun and fire it.

One of the mysteries was how, in the middle of the night, he was able to find all the shells AND ALL THE SLUGS supposedly fired from the shotgun?
He went back to check on them then burn the bodies in May and Nov, maybe he also revisited the campsite to further check that all evidence was accounted for which could be why he thought the slug was planted there as he felt he’d done a thorough clean up job. I imagine he’s spewing that it was found and may have had to quickly revise his story therefore it wasnt as well practised.

He went back to check on them then burn the bodies in May and Nov, maybe he also revisited the campsite to further check that all evidence was accounted for which could be why he thought the slug was planted there as he felt he’d done a thorough clean up job. I imagine he’s spewing that it was found and may have had to quickly revise his story therefore it wasnt as well practised.
Was it known, before his arrest, that Clay's skull fragments had been found at their campsite?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm coming to the conclusion that Lynn is not to be remotely considered to be a criminal mastermind

He had about 8 months(?) from the time of first being questioned by the police to his arrest.

A motivated crim would have used that time to get the story down pat, go through all the permutations of the questions he could be asked and get the totality of his story logical, straight and well rehearsed to the point where he could be asked a question outside his narrative and be able to answer them

His ROI (and I haven't watched in in its entirety) almost seems to be make up during the previous 2 days, therefore all the discrepancies.

Assume that elements of his story may be based on actual events, probably his actions from leaving the campsite have a foundational base of actual events because that doesn't affect the actions leading up to or immediately following the couple's deaths except the exact place of the disposal of the phones, knife and drone

Yes, the previous two days of saying no comment to the questions, would have twigged him to the questions they had, that then would have pointed him towards the answers he needed. So yes, made up in the two days.

I agree and have wondered the same.

And during the interview, he mentioned maybe more than once that some partial remains of Hill and Clay could have been relocated due to wild animal activity. Why would he say that ? Covering his back in case a member of the public stumbled upon human remains ?
Totally agree with this. He said there was a part missing but no idea what part maybe to cover his tracks in case they found body parts somewhere in their search.
I believe the whole wild dogs thing came from 60 mins program. He used part of their narrative.

Yes good points. 8 Months from initial questioning and perhaps 18 months before arrest. And yes he used the mechanics of the actual events to then fabricate his story around them. Murder vs Accidental etc. A criminal mastermind would need to be around all forms of forensics and evidence to structure the perfect ROI. It would need someone like Dexter to do this IMO. A real mastermind with Dexter's skill's would be one very scary individual. In Lynn's case I believe he got caught (Karma assisted) so he could be held accountable for his past IMO.

Lynn would have double and triple checked the Bucks camp site for any forensic evidence. That’s why it’s bizarre that a slug was left behind.

I also think there was a reason behind why there were two seperate sites at the Union Spur track. One for incineration and one for burial. Moving the remains with a dustpan is telling that he was possibly sifting for shotgun slugs or bullets from his rifle. But then he must have gotten rid of them somewhere close by along with the keys, drone & knife. I don’t believe he threw anything into the Rose river.

IMO

Lynn would have double and triple checked the Bucks camp site for any forensic evidence. That’s why it’s bizarre that a slug was left behind.

I also think there was a reason behind why there were two seperate sites at the Union Spur track. One for incineration and one for burial. Moving the remains with a dustpan is telling that he was possibly sifting for shotgun slugs or bullets from his rifle. But then he must have gotten rid of them somewhere close by along with the keys, drone & knife. I don’t believe he threw anything into the Rose river.

IMO
I totally agree, he was super vague or couldn’t recall any details about exactly where he threw the phones or burnt the drone!! But could remember blow by blow the fight with RH

GL applied for and was granted probate to Lisa's Estate in 2000. Amount $12,000 approx.

THE AGE - LAW NOTICES - 27 JUL 2000
RE: LISA MAREE LYNN
TAKE NOTICE that GREGORY
STUART LYNN the husband of Lisa
Maree Lynn deceased late of 11 Zig
Zag Road, Mount Macedon Victoria
Flight Attendant will 14 days after
publication of this advertisement
apply to the Supreme Court of
Victoria for a Grant of
Administration of the estate of the
deceased upon Intestacy there
being no Will of the deceased.
WILMOTH FIELD & WARNE
Solicitors of 154 A'Beckett Street
Melbourne

3AW Melb. Sly ^ on Zig Zag
Sly has shed light on the Zig Zag Road double fatality from back in 2010, stating the police have been looking at Greg Lynn for a long time.

Last edited:
GL applied for and was granted probate to Lisa's Estate in 2000. Amount $12,000 approx.

THE AGE - LAW NOTICES - 27 JUL 2000
RE: LISA MAREE LYNN
TAKE NOTICE that GREGORY
STUART LYNN the husband of Lisa
Maree Lynn deceased late of 11 Zig
Zag Road, Mount Macedon Victoria
Flight Attendant will 14 days after
publication of this advertisement
apply to the Supreme Court of
Victoria for a Grant of
Administration of the estate of the
deceased upon Intestacy there
being no Will of the deceased.
WILMOTH FIELD & WARNE
Solicitors of 154 A'Beckett Street
Melbourne

3AW Melb. Sly ^ on Zig Zag

Is the $12,000 what she had in the bank do we know? I thought she owned the house.

There's a bit to take away from Sly's piece.

Someone who loves their dogs as their children, who have the run of the house, doesn't shoot them when they're cornered in the laundry because they'd be utterly terrified in knowing what was happening after the first was shot.

I don't know anything of Mr V's personality but it doesn't sit right with me.

It would be interesting to see exactly where the office was situated, if it was directly underneath their bedroom.

Unsure of the exacts about GL retaining the house (perhaps in joint names) after Lisa's death; he got Probate clearly. GL was the Husband.

I believe it was mentioned GL took back the car that was at Lisa's during the separation (probably in his name). His asset.

Law back in 2000: a husband (even if separated) can return to his joint house and remove any items "its not classed as stealing". He can break-in, break up everything in the house if his name is on the Title.

I know of a friend that used to get a call regularly from her cop neighbour opposite who would call her and say "your Ex is back at the house and has jumped your fence" he's loading up his car - "on and up over the roof" - whilst she was at work.

There was NOTHING she could do - except hope Ex would just take what he wanted and not break anything.
Her lawyer told her to REMOVE everything from the house that was sentimental to her..... and wait until she paid out the Ex for the house and have it solely in her name - and change the locks.
Very Nasty man instigated the Separation and pestered the fuuck out of her for years until Settlement.
Was disgraceful.

Stinks actually !! when you think of the DV situation - which I dare say Lisa had endured also ^

Is the $12,000 what she had in the bank do we know? I thought she owned the house.

There's a bit to take away from Sly's piece.

Someone who loves their dogs as their children, who have the run of the house, doesn't shoot them when they're cornered in the laundry because they'd be utterly terrified in knowing what was happening after the first was shot.

I don't know anything of Mr V's personality but it doesn't sit right with me.

It would be interesting to see exactly where the office was situated, if it was directly underneath their bedroom.

Agree. Really hard to believe Mr V would harm the dogs. I have one dog and would be a wreck if it died let alone me harming it. Just doesn’t fit the story.

Back