Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone in here said he was being tortured by turning the temp down through that interview and he's got a doona. :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Must be one of those high spec torture chambers the Sale police station has that can segregate temperature from one side of the room to the other. Seems pretty balmy on the other side of the table from GL.

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but there’s too many posts to read through, but was there anything behind why his wife specifically took a photo of him repainting his Patrol or just because?

Just seems a little random unless she had her own suspicions? Surely she wasn’t tee’d up by the police to do it hey?

I’m sure it’s been mentioned but there’s too many posts to read through, but was there anything behind why his wife specifically took a photo of him repainting his Patrol or just because?

Just seems a little random unless she had her own suspicions? Surely she wasn’t tee’d up by the police to do it hey?

Completely innocent IMO. Wouldn’t have mattered anyway the cops were onto him and that just reinforced their suspicion. Was a Hail Mary on his part.

Not sure they’re released to the public. I think the best you can hope for is the judgement/sentencing when it’s posted to Austlii.

They usually do it on the same day as sentencing or the day or two after. Sometimes if the crime is that bad they don’t post them at all. But I think given the public interest they’ll post it.
Sorry just meant the pinned docs on court proceedings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I’ve always wondered about the content of his drive- time ramblings. Interesting that he talks out loud to himself? Is that a normal thing?
I had to google this out of curiosity. One in four people talk to themselves out loud. It's actually relatively common.
I sometimes talk to myself out loud when no one else is around, I don't feel so weird now.

Oh really? I haven't got that far in yet, do you have a rough time spot for where that is?
Oh geez testing my memory. There’s a couple of parts where this comes up, one where he says he didn’t wrap them in anything and put his tarp over them in the trailer and then in the last hour they question him again about how he got them into the trailer.

Oh geez testing my memory. There’s a couple of parts where this comes up, one where he says he didn’t wrap them in anything and put his tarp over them in the trailer and then in the last hour they question him again about how he got them into the trailer.

Well, I can't think of a reason why he would lie about that but it seems inconsistent with his general efficiency and tidiness not to wrap them in something first.

To not even cover Carol's head too ... yeh he's cold.

Well, I can't think of a reason why he would lie about that but it seems inconsistent with his general efficiency and tidiness not to wrap them in something first.

To not even cover Carol's head too ... yeh he's cold.
It is odd as said there was lots of blood.
I’ll let you get to the part about Carol (head) which explains a bit more 😢(The last hour of the recording also.)
It’s quite confronting.
Those officers would have needed a beer or two that night I think.

Last edited:
Yeah absolutely! And I’ve been thinking about Brett and Daniel, the detectives, you can tell they’re struggling for words to even ask questions.

The whole thing is bizarre and confronting. He really does lie jotting notes and demonstrating on his paper though!
For sure, Brett and Daniel’s heads must have been spinning and noticed them struggling with words sometimes.
Interesting how they asked him how he fit Hill on the fire too.
Yes he liked to jot everything down and especially go back to everything he’s lost now.

Not a massive surprise but towards the end of the interview GL admits his next to nothing level of experience hunting.

It was his first trip to stalk deer in the high country. Did one other trip near Tilpa for pigs. Didn’t see a single one.

Explains a lot.

I love the way some people seem to think the prosecution didn't play fair while the defence barrister Dermot Dann is a fine and honest person. Both sides push the boundaries especially Dann. Part of his job is to attack the prosecution team, especially when he is worried his client is in dire straits. Anything to distract the jury from the real reason they are there. And Hyperbole and feigned injustice are just tools of his trade. If you think the defense is trying to get to the truth you were probably born yesterday. Remember Dann is a member of one of the oldest professions in the world.

I love the way some people seem to think the prosecution didn't play fair while the defence barrister Dermot Dann is a fine and honest person. Both sides push the boundaries especially Dann. Part of his job is to attack the prosecution team, especially when he is worried his client is in dire straits. Anything to distract the jury from the real reason they are there. And Hyperbole and feigned injustice are just tools of his trade. If you think the defense is trying to get to the truth you were probably born yesterday. Remember Dann is a member of one of the oldest professions in the world.

He did a bloody good job. It was line ball IMO. Jury did a great job under the circumstances. I wouldn’t have wanted to be on it.

I think him speaking probably helped his chances. I don't think the jury would have had any trouble finding him guilty of murder if he'd chosen to stonewall, with Hill's phone and forensic evidence of Clay being at the scene. They had surveillance of him behaving like a very guilty person and a witness that he'd been at the scene of the deaths a day or so before. I feel like people get convicted for much less.

I still maintain he went on the stand to try and appear more remorseful which he sort of did at the beginning but the longer he spoke his true personality shone through, The prosecution copped a fair bit during the trial but I think they did a good job while he was on the stand.

I still maintain he went on the stand to try and appear more remorseful which he sort of did at the beginning but the longer he spoke his true personality shone through, The prosecution copped a fair bit during the trial but I think they did a good job while he was on the stand.

Only remorse he has is for himself and that he got caught. Watching that interview and how he kept going on about the plan. FMD. ASPD incarnate.

No wonder he got rid of the trailer 🥴

Found it.

Is my understanding correct that Lynn didn't remove the table off the trailer before he pushed the bodies in sideways after releasing the gate?

If that's the case and he didn't wrap and rope Hill and Clay before hauling them in, I understand why in that context, the cops asked him where his chainsaw was kept.

Back