Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

All of this is the reason why GL was found guilty of murder for CC, she clearly wasn't party to the confrontation between GL & RH.

No bone fragments were found of RH at the bucks camp scene - a likelihood if he was blown away considering GL pissed off in the dark. None of his blood found on the outside of his car like CC which eliminates the possibility he shot them together next to the car. Also, his blood & DNA was recovered from the accommodation that GL stayed at on his clothes. That suggests he could we have died from bleeding out in a close quarter fight with GL - the only issue being there is no way to prove how he bled out other than GL's word.

My take is the jury probably formed the opinion from the above evidence that RH was killed in an altercation with GL without being able to conclude how or why that happened. But rather than CC's shooting being an accident he murdered her to cover the whole thing up. They didn't buy the accidental shooting of CC story.
Yes it's interesting re Hill's blood found at the accommodation? So your saying Lynn couldn't have picked up that much blood by simply dealing with Hill's body? Also if he died via a knife as Lynn suggested etc what do you think was the reason Lynn says gunshots were fired into the air via Hill and himself? I think 3 gunshots, 2 x Hill after he stole the gun and 1 x gunshot when Lynn said he emptied the chamber. I think his particular shotgun was a 5 cartridge?

So you think it happened earlier? And he did clean up in a slow and methodical manner? If that's the case he'd be pissed off he made a mistake. I'm of the belief it happened over the drone and it was sunset at 7.25 meaning last light would of been around 7.45pm. I'm thinking Hill has landed the drone at around sunset meaning he flew it between 6.40pm last radio call to Sunset or just after, he may of had 1 hours fly time and I think he wanted it landed by dark. Lynn's story says he went to Hill as the drone landed and asked him why he was flying it? So it could of occurred at at around 7.30 to 7.45pm giving him the crucial time to clean everything methodically? How do you see it?
I'm tipping about 8.There are parts of his story I think are true and I reckon it all went down when GL returned to camp around sundown. The initial verbal stoush escalated immediately. I don't buy him returning to car, music etc.
I think he had plenty of time to clean up. Blood smears.... That job alone would have been incredibly difficult to complete to the degree he did in the dark.

What I'm talking about is there is a gap of time in I dependant witness from 6:40ish (end of radio call) to around midnight (heard doing U turn) where all this could have occurred.
He says 930ish/10/11 in some reports.... But I don't believe that gave him time enough to pick up after himself as well as he did. Yeah he missed a slug and some blood splatter but it was a pretty clean sweep otherwise. You don't do that and everything else, that thoroughly, that quickly. I believe the PJs story might have lent weight to his timeline and story of doing it all in a panicked state, rather than the slow, methodical manner than I imagine it actually was done it.

Didn't he throw all their stuff into the tent and ignite the gas bottle? That wouldn't take long, all of 5 minutes maybe. The splatter on the canopy, who knows. As for his gear, allow 30 minutes for packing up camp, quicker if he was motivated to get going ASAP/

With the midnight turnaround for me the 9.30/10ish timeline probably for 2 hours of frenzied cleaning / packing up and getting the hell out of dodge departing Bucks Camp approx. 11.50pm.

Yes it's interesting re Hill's blood found at the accommodation? So your saying Lynn couldn't have picked up that much blood by simply dealing with Hill's body? Also if he died via a knife as Lynn suggested etc what do you think was the reason Lynn says gunshots were fired into the air via Hill and himself? I think 3 gunshots, 2 x Hill after he stole the gun and 1 x gunshot when Lynn said he emptied the chamber. I think his particular shotgun was a 5 cartridge?

Not likely. Also, didn't happen with CC even though he threw both in the trailer. If RH's blood / DNA was all over GL's clothing I'd say that's fairy good evidence that RH bled out up close to GL.

I'm tipping about 8.There are parts of his story I think are true and I reckon it all went down when GL returned to camp around sundown. The initial verbal stoush escalated immediately. I don't buy him returning to car, music etc.
I think he had plenty of time to clean up. Blood smears.... That job alone would have been incredibly difficult to complete to the degree he did in the dark.
Yeah agree 100% with that. The returning to car and music etc was simply to give Hill possession of the shotgun. And yes the verbal would have started immediately and Lynn's temper gone through the roof IMO

If his phone didnt ping at the campsite (no signal) he could've just denied being there.
RHs phone was pinged and matched to 12 vehicles who travelled at the time.
What stuffed GL was the indirect route he took. But it's not a crime. If he stayed silent there wouldn't have been enough for a charge.
Reckon the police won the poker game. Even his answers it's inevitable etc. They had less than he thought.
What I find extremely weird is even thou the camp site was burnt along with some of the car it wasn't treated as suspicious until some time later. Surely burn patterns would indicate it was deliberately lit
He was becoming paranoid, remember he thought people were looking at him strange. Guilty conscience is a wonderful thing.....

A free article Why Manslaughter was Taken Off the Table :

This article says that initially the Pros were told they could charge Lynn with 2 x Manslaughter. However what happened after that was the Pros believed MS was not what went down despite the lack of evidence. Basically, the defense and pros went in totally different directions:

They were also told they had the option of finding him guilty of the alternate charge of manslaughter.

However, by the end of five weeks of evidence, the prosecution and defence had taken their cases in such different directions that an option of a manslaughter conviction no longer fit with narratives being advanced by either side.

Basically the Pros wanted Guilty of Murder only, and the defense wanted Not Guilty of either

Read on:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-27/greg-lynn-manslaughter-vs-murder-conviction/104026258

I kind of think the timing of GL’s version would be right re the time of the gun shots in case someone heard
But those extra gun shots might have been a decoy. Maybe he did use a knife on Hill and shot Clay earlier. Then decided later to fire off a couple. The time he was heard at the gate turning around only indicates the time he left, not the time he suddenly had 2 bodies and a crime scene.

But those extra gun shots might have been a decoy. Maybe he did use a knife on Hill and shot Clay earlier. Then decided later to fire off a couple. The time he was heard at the gate turning around only indicates the time he left, not the time he suddenly had 2 bodies and a crime scene.
A decoy? wow this is getting sophisticated.!

What I'm talking about is there is a gap of time in I dependant witness from 6:40ish (end of radio call) to around midnight (heard doing U turn) where all this could have occurred.
He says 930ish/10/11 in some reports.... But I don't believe that gave him time enough to pick up after himself as well as he did. Yeah he missed a slug and some blood splatter but it was a pretty clean sweep otherwise. You don't do that and everything else, that thoroughly, that quickly. I believe the PJs story might have lent weight to his timeline and story of doing it all in a panicked state, rather than the slow, methodical manner than I imagine it actually was done it.
Yes, I think that he could have killed them both much earlier. His talk about them messing around in the tent and wearing pjs and no shoes was to try to make the timeline fit with what he was proposing (music up high, shotgun stolen, Clay accidentally shot, Hill accidentally stabbed), when in fact they could have both been killed any time after the radio communication ended.

You and I agree with this one.

I camp in a 4 man tent, with air bed, sleeping bag, table, stove, chairs, food box, cooking equipment and stovetop expresso maker etc. (I like my comforts even when camping)

To pack up is the best part of an hour or more, and I will invariably lose a tent peg or three.

No way could it be done in 30 minutes

Add to that the time to wipe the blood smears off the vehicle would have required at least one or more trips to the river for water, scan the area for shotgun cartridges, gather up the readily observable component pieces of Clay's skull all under the light of a torch or headlamps?

We don't know what happened to Hill, but I assume that there things to be done there too

Do a search of the vehicle.

Possibly the best indication of when the event occured is the solar panel. A good one is an expensive bit of kit (Hill's set up shows he didn't skimp on kit). No way would Hill left it lying on the ground after dark or even anywhere it could be trodden on, it would heve been placed in the vehicle or underneath it near the battery box.

I know Lynn make mention in his ROI that as a pilot he was trained to make quick and decisive decisions.

But being confronted with a woman with her head blown apart may force even a seasoned hunter to take stock of what he had done.

After all, he said the burning of the bodies make him physically sick, so give him a while to come to terms of the enormity of his actions and plan what he was going to do is not something that even a pilot would do easily or quickly

A gunshot about dusk would not be considered abnormal as it is still legal up to 30 minutes after sundown.

The three later gunshots were to fit in with he story he was already developing

Then there's his disposal of Hill's body, the emotional and psychological distress for nearly two years.

And had he got away with it, he would have lived the rest of his life with zero remorse or regret.

Whilst the loved ones of the victims would have wondered and searched and agonised for the rest of theirs.

Some people don’t care what happens to their own body once they’re dead.

But the majority of people want a proper resting place for their loved ones, whether they visit the place or not.

For me, it would be agony to spend the rest of my life thinking my mum or dad’s remains were out there somewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lynn is found guilty, it could be sold with the proceeds being given to family members of Ms Clay and Mr Hill, the Herald Sun reported.

If he is acquitted, the restraining order on the house would be lifted and return to the control of Lynn's wife Melanie, who was made its sole proprietor in January 2022, after her husband's arrest.

His share is at risk I'd think, not his wife's but I'm not familiar with the cops restraining property outside of proceeds of crime.

I camp in a 4 man tent, with air bed, sleeping bag, table, stove, chairs, food box, cooking equipment and stovetop expresso maker etc. (I like my comforts even when camping)

To pack up is the best part of an hour or more, and I will invariably lose a tent peg or three.

Add to that the time to wipe the blood smears off the vehicle would have required at least one or more trips to the river for water, scan the area for shotgun cartridges, gather up the readily observable component pieces of Clay's skull all under the light of a torch or headlamps?

We don't know what happened to Hill, but I assume that there things to be done there too

Possibly the best indication of when the event occured is the solar panel. A good one is an expensive bit of kit (Hill's set up shows he didn't skimp on kit). No way would Hill left it lying on the ground after dark or even anywhere it could be trodden on, it would heve been placed in the vehicle or underneath it near the battery box.

I know Lynn make mention in his ROI that as a pilot he was trained to make quick and decisive decisions.

But being confronted with a woman with her head blown apart may force even a seasoned hunter to take stock of what he had done.

After all, he said the burning of the bodies make him physically sick, so give him a while to come to terms of the enormity of his actions and plan what he was going to do is not something that even a pilot would do easily or quickly

A gunshot about dusk would not be considered abnormal as it is still legal up to 30 minutes after sundown.

You have said it much better than I did. I believe he sent up those extra gunshots some time after the event to support his fanciful storytelling. Even just getting two sturdy looking dead weights into his trailer would have taken a fair amount of time.

Didn’t mean it to sound like that. Apologies. Wasn’t trying to be out there. Just thought that Lynn is clearly quite calculating and who knows how much thought he put into constructing a storyline to support his actions.
I agree with you 100% no need to apologize it's a good point re Lynn throwing decoys etc. I was just curious why Lynn talks about extra shots fired off by Hill x 2 and then himself x 1 after Clay's death to empty the chamber.

Not likely. Also, didn't happen with CC even though he threw both in the trailer. If RH's blood / DNA was all over GL's clothing I'd say that's fairy good evidence that RH bled out up close to GL.
Pity they never found the trailer. Who knows what amount of DNA could be found in the joins and crevices.

It's all in Melanie's name there is no share as such Kurve. It was Lynn's 100% but he transferred it to Melanie in an attempt to protect it. So it was always his 100%, no share with Melanie as such, and then he transferred it. They must have the power to restrain no matter and it seems like it's completely different to Civil etc.

Melanie also would have a claim against it, it's the family home with children in it still living there. It may turn out that the house must be sold for restitution or compensation and Melanie has to downgrade but I doubt, especially given there's children, she'd lose the lot.

Hadn't factored in the solar panel. You're right, GL said it was covered in blood. So that indicates it was still out and seasoned campers.dont leave their panels out after lights out.
Which raises another point... How did it get covered in blood? RH car appeared to be parked nose to West, which would suggest the panel would have to have been on the ground at the rear of the vehicle, also facing somewhere between North and West. For it to have been covered in blood, at ground level tells me the shot came from an angle higher than her head.

I agree with you 100% no need to apologize it's a good point re Lynn throwing decoys etc. I was just curious why Lynn talks about extra shots fired off by Hill x 2 and then himself x 1 after Clay's death to empty the chamber.

I came to the conclusion the shot to empty the chamber is in Lynn's version to emphasise the action he now had to take.

I'm also of the opinion he hunted Clay in front of Hill as I believe Lynn to be extremely spiteful when wronged and to get back at Hill he executed Clay like she was a deer. No idea how good of a shot he is, could have missed or wounded in a few shots before the head shot. Don't think he would have used his laser light.

Couldn't possibly call the cops as he had just fired the weapon so they might not be able to find Hill's fingerprint on the trigger. Might as well clean the gun anyway.

Good to see the jury saw right through this.

Pity they never found the trailer. Who knows what amount of DNA could be found in the joins and crevices.

I'm not sure this makes a difference. It would just confirm what GL admitted to - transporting the couple in the trailer from Wonnangatta to Union Spur track.

It's all in Melanie's name there is no share as such Kurve. It was Lynn's 100% but he transferred it to Melanie in an attempt to protect it. So it was always his 100%, no share with Melanie as such, and then he transferred it. They must have the power to restrain no matter and it seems like it's completely different to Civil etc.
Nah.. They were joint props prior to the transfer in Jan 22

Melanie also would have a claim against it, it's the family home with children in it still living there. It may turn out that the house must be sold for restitution or compensation and Melanie has to downgrade but I doubt, especially given there's children, she'd lose the lot.
My mistake BaddoG clarified they were joint owners prior until Lynn transferred her his 50%

Back