Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay Pt 2 *Pilot Greg Lynn Guilty for the Murder of Carol Clay

When will the jury have delivered their decisions of guilty or not guilty on both?

• 1st day

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • 2nd day

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Between day 3 and 5

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Over 1 week

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Hung on one or both timeframe unknown

Votes: 21 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Longer it goes more likely a hung jury…
Who will round 2 favour? The prosecution will no doubt probe more and ask more questions.
Hung Jury you think? From all reports the Pros did an ordinary job so I would hope it favors them? Would they change out Porseddu to someone else to take on Dann etc? Given they probs didnt know MS would be ruled out so they get another chance to get it right. Lynn would be pissed because it keeps him on the Freeze IMO

Hung Jury you think? From all reports the Pros did an ordinary job so I would hope it favors them? Would they change out Porseddu to someone else to take on Dann etc? Given they probs didnt know MS would be ruled out so they get another chance to get it right. Lynn would be pissed because it keeps him on the Freeze IMO
I doubt the Jury will be fooled by Dann's criticism of the Prosecution's case. They would well know that the reason they have next to no evidence is due to the accused's actions.

Just my opinion, but in Lynn's story he wrestles with Hill and the gun discharges hitting a mirror and then Clay. He then retreats (walks) back to his car and climbs inside. Assuming the whole thing was accidental (Lynn's words), then surely Lynn would firstly inquire about the state of the victim Clay and then immediately call 000 for an ambulance. But it doesn't seem to have occurred to him as it is not part of his recollection of events. To me that demonstrates extreme callousness and a cold blooded nature. It's not unlike the behaviour of a hit and run driver except that the driver wouldn't necessarily know about the seriousness of the injuries to the victim. Interestingly, hit and run drivers can get up to 10 years in jail.

Last edited:
Just my opinion, but in Lynn's story he wrestles with Hill and the gun discharges hitting a mirror and then Clay. He then retreats (walks) back to his car and climbs inside. Assuming the whole thing was accidental (Lynn's words), then surely Lynn would firstly inquire about the state of the victim Clay and then immediately call 000 for an ambulance. But it doesn't seem to have occurred to him as it is not part of his recollection of events. To me that demonstrates extreme callousness and a cold blooded nature. It's not unlike the behaviour of a hit and run driver except that the driver wouldn't necessarily know about the seriousness of the injuries to the victim. Interestingly, hit and run drivers can get up to 10 years in jail.

The story is a complete lie. But his lawyer is that good he’s cornered the whole thing on legal technicalities.

He’s going to get off. Or it’s hung.

Thought this was open and shut early days but the prosecution fluffed this. If they get a hung jury they should thank their lucky stars.

Ok, so the jury has to go through the evidence, or at least pretend to. (I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them walked into the deliberation room muttering “Guilty! Guilty!”) But some will be sticklers for procedure. Hopefully they will look at every word spouted by Lynn and and conclude “B…sh..!”

Yeah, I guess if they came back to the judge after only a day with a verdict the Judge would probably send them back and tell them to go over all of it again anyway.

I doubt the Jury will be fooled by Dann's criticism of the Prosecution's case. They would well know that the reason they have next to no evidence is due to the accused's actions.

If thats the case they should acquit him then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A question for the peeps who know the legal info please;

Is it possible for the jury to convict on murder for CC and be hung on murder for RH?

There are two separate charges for murder. This means that each death will need to be considered in its own right, so yes, possible to not be unanimous for RH (hung jury) and guilty for CC

There are two separate charges for murder. This means that each death will need to be considered in its own right, so yes, possible to not be unanimous for RH (hung jury) and guilty for CC
Think it would go the other way. As CC there is a COD and depends if the story aligns.
RH no real way to determine. Unless jury doesn't buy confrontation and no other alternative.

If thats the case they should acquit him then.
Agreeing there is doubt than our system is they must acquit.
But it's not like they have no evidence.
All at campsite
GL there at time of death
Moved and destroyed bodies
His weapon etc etc
Issue is he destroyed the crime scene.
All seems pretty conclusive to me if he was silent
Why he had to come up and testify imo. Really had no choice give the damming circumstantial evidence to offer some explanation.
Problem is for the prosecution he's story aligns with there's. Thus potentially creating reasonable doubt as to.murder.
Telling the jury are watching forensic evidence aligned with GL testimony
That's what pros should have zeroed in on.
Disprove GLs story I see no other reasonable explanation and aligned with evidence it's guilty x2
But if his story is holding and Ms off table it makes it interesting. Who is it to say it isn't true and hence not guilty.
It is a very unusual trial how its played out

Agreeing there is doubt than our system is they must acquit.
But it's not like they have no evidence.
All at campsite
GL there at time of death
Moved and destroyed bodies
His weapon etc etc
Issue is he destroyed the crime scene.
All seems pretty conclusive to me if he was silent
Why he had to come up and testify imo. Really had no choice give the damming circumstantial evidence to offer some explanation.
Problem is for the prosecution he's story aligns with there's. Thus potentially creating reasonable doubt as to.murder.
Telling the jury are watching forensic evidence aligned with GL testimony
That's what pros should have zeroed in on.
Disprove GLs story I see no other reasonable explanation and aligned with evidence it's guilty x2
But if his story is holding and Ms off table it makes it interesting. Who is it to say it isn't true and hence not guilty.
It is a very unusual trial how its played out
They don't have to disprove it. The jury can simply disbelieve GL's version of events. IMO the ensuing actions he's admitted to have sunk him. They don't speak of an innocent, wronged man.

Put yourself in the position that GL alleges he was in. What would you have done? If it meant the golf club wouldn't have you as a member if you were involved in two accidental deaths?

Give me a break.

They don't have to disprove it. The jury can simply disbelieve GL's version of events. IMO the ensuing actions he's admitted to have sunk him. They don't speak of an innocent, wronged man.

Put yourself in the position that GL alleges he was in. What would you have done? If it meant the golf club wouldn't have you as a member if you were involved in two accidental deaths?

Give me a break.
Not just any club, some prestigious clubs🙄🥴

Give me a break.
More than likely his reason was that he knew no one in the golf club or gun club would believe his story as he crafted it. I'm sure if he were honest, he would acknowledge there were holes.

IMO It is possible that after the shot was fired that both men were shocked as the mirror was blown to smithereens (not knowing CC was hit). GL heads back to camp with his gun and RH goes to check the damage on the car. He discovers CC and realises she can not be saved. He grabs a knife and heads back to confront GL. GL has been calculated in mentioning all the noises (loud music, gun shots and RH screaming “She’s dead!”). I think he has tried to account for all noises just in case anything was heard by the Serbians, sprayers or other randoms. I believe that CC died first as per his ROI because of this reason. IMO

IMO It is possible that after the shot was fired that both men were shocked as the mirror was blown to smithereens (not knowing CC was hit). GL heads back to camp with his gun and RH goes to check the damage on the car. He discovers CC and realises she can not be saved. He grabs a knife and heads back to confront GL. GL has been calculated in mentioning all the noises (loud music, gun shots and RH screaming “She’s dead!”). I think he has tried to account for all noises just in case anything was heard by the Serbians, sprayers or other randoms. I believe that CC died first as per his ROI because of this reason. IMO
You’re right, not that I believe GL’s story but if you’ve got someone confronting you with a knife, you wouldn’t have time to ask/check about CC first.

Agreed except for one bit. I reckon RH would head first for the radio to get help. The next shot could have been intended to stop him or deflect him but instead killed him. People aren't crack shots like they are in the movies, especially in the dark. GL fired recklessly and changed the course of events from there.

Agreed except for one bit. I reckon RH would head first for the radio to get help. The next shot could have been intended to stop him or deflect him but instead killed him. People aren't crack shots like they are in the movies, especially in the dark. GL fired recklessly and changed the course of events from there.
That would make sense. GL said it was in a minute that Hill came after him with the knife. If he’d just found his loved one dead I’d think he’d take longer than that to even process what was going on and as you say try and radio for help.

You’re right, not that I believe GL’s story but if you’ve got someone confronting you with a knife, you wouldn’t have time to ask/check about CC first.

So why is he testifying on the stand that the mirror shot went through CCs head and killed her?

He knew she was dead.

Back