Prediction Round 8, 2024: Changes vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheed out is genuinely shocking. On form an obvious call but this is a huge shift, it's bigger than Gaff.

Maybe the pin dropped earlier for Simpson but without the cattle he hasn't been able to do it. There's finally availability and he's done it.

For me anyway, it's a massive confidence builder in the club's direction.

And if/when he does come back, he cannot play as the sub, completely pointless.

Hunt has battled through a knee injury in the last couple of weeks but has made a significant contribution since joining the club as a free agent at the end of the 2022 season. The injury will bring to an end a run of 30 consecutive appearances from his round one Eagles debut last season.

Would love to know why that doesn't warrant a feature in the injury update from Tuesday

Sheed out is genuinely shocking. On form an obvious call but this is a huge shift, it's bigger than Gaff.

Maybe the pin dropped earlier for Simpson but without the cattle he hasn't been able to do it. There's finally availability and he's done it.

Simmo's also coaching for his career. That means no more credits for underperformers, I imagine.

It's also in line with the messaging from the club over the preseason.

To the Simmo thread !!!!

can only see gaff and sheed returning if we have a few injuries or they are absolutely killing it in the WAFL that you cant not reward it.

Sheed is out because the guy has barely had a run in the last 2 weeks, which made little sense for a guy returning from a LTI.

He’ll be better off getting miles in his legs in the WAFL.

Nice to see another debutant - Big Bad Harv is keen…

IMG_5011.jpeg

As I side, do love seeing some of you unsure where to turn with Gaff and Sheed both getting dropped.

‘DO WE ATTACK WITHERDEN NOW?! WITHO TO SUB! LUKE EDWARDS?! Argh!’

Always has to be a whipping boy…

Feels good to have some competition for spots for the first time in a long time

Not selected - available for Beagles

Backs: H Edwards, Jones, Burgiel, Baker

Mids: Gaff, Sheed, Hall

Fwds: A Reid, Culley, Brockman, Dewar, Rawlinson

Ruck: Barnett, Livingstone

We don’t play East Perth until Sunday so all 14 players will be able to play with no need for a non-playing emergency this weekend

The best thing about Johnston being selected is that it shows good form will be rewarded

Loving the debut of Johnston.
I hope that he starts the match.
Perhaps Chesser or Edwards as the sub.
Hunt knee injury explains why he's been quiet the last few weeks.
Whenever he touches the ball Brockman looks good but he needs to find it more and the WAFL is the right place for him to find some form.

Last edited:
Great Ins and Outs

H Edwards obvious for Barrass.
Brockman obvious for Long, Ryan is a main stay now, will build.
Reid in for Sheed lol. You are done Sheed.
Johnston for Hunt. Gets his go at the expense of an injury.

NOW i will explain Sheed.
Enough said here > Hewett, Hall & Culley

So guys i would say add these 4 men [Flynn, Allen, Hewett and Culley] into the team and you will find your best 22. And then we still have cover in Archer Reid who i believe will knock down the door. 203cm Full Fwds do not stay in State League's long.

Maric and J Williams named on the bench and you have Darling nearing the end.

Let's go WCE. Here is where we build.

Whenever he touches the ball Brockman looks good but he needs to find it more and the WAFL is the right place for him to find some form.

Brockman has the skill - some great field kicking in the Derby - I50s too.

Do worry though that he is a low possession small forward that doesn’t kick goals.

Might need to look at Lewis Jetta’s career trajectory #goback

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brockman will be seriously lucky to get back in the team. When Hewett is right to go. There is no coming back for Brockman

Cripps, Petch, Long, Ryan with Hewett, Reid, Culley, Burgiel and so many others capable of playing Mid and Fwd minutes.

Just need to see Clay and Burgiel debut and the return of Oscar, Flynn and Hewett and the wet dream is complete.
KABOOMSKI

YES
YES
YES
SOMEONE WITH VISION AND IT IS NOT THAT FAR AWAY.

In 4 weeks - Clay, Culley & Burgiel found WAFL form. Burgiel can play HB, HF, Wing..
Flynn & Allen are in. They may as well play Culley in replace of J Williams. Will find more continuity in Snr side than playing fwd in that WAFL team.

Just Hewett, who i hope we start seeing a week number put next to his name.

Sheed is out because the guy has barely had a run in the last 2 weeks, which made little sense for a guy returning from a LTI.

He’ll be better off getting miles in his legs in the WAFL.

Nice to see another debutant - Big Bad Harv is keen…

View attachment 1976984

As I side, do love seeing some of you unsure where to turn with Gaff and Sheed both getting dropped.

‘DO WE ATTACK WITHERDEN NOW?! WITHO TO SUB! LUKE EDWARDS?! Argh!’

Always has to be a whipping boy…
Whipping boys aren’t hard to find.

In fact, there is a whole queue of them.

There are always line ups of whipping boys in good teams let alone poor ones.

Would love to know why that doesn't warrant a feature in the injury update from Tuesday

I said it last week when Long was ruled out with a previously undisclosed injured and I think it applies to Hunt as well

Players are often sore after games but there will be expectation/hope from the medical staff that the player will be able to recover in time to play. So they’re not named in the injury report

Come selection time, it becomes clear the player won’t recover in time and is then ruled out

Long has returned after missing one week indicating it wasn’t a major injury

Hard to know with Hunt at this stage but it could be that with a 6 day break after travelling back from Gold Coast he just ran out of time to recover and (hopefully) he only misses a week

Sheed should've been in the WAFL the last two weeks. What the hell was even the point of him being the sub coming off a long term injury? Get miles in his legs in the WAFL.

And I don't mind Chesser getting games even though his form ain't the best. At least in that case we aren't gonna die wondering with him when it's time to decide his future.

Feels like these random injuries each week might be more just managing players than them being too injured to play. Good to have the ability to do it at least, feels like we have 25-26 guys who could realistically play each week so makes sense. Not like we are trying to make finals or anything

Need an excuse to give more guys a chance, for sure once Allen/Flynn/Hewett are back there will be even more competition for spots so this is the best time

Sheed should've been in the WAFL the last two weeks. What the hell was even the point of him being the sub coming off a long term injury? Get miles in his legs in the WAFL.

And I don't mind Chesser getting games even though his form ain't the best. At least in that case we aren't gonna die wondering with him when it's time to decide his future.
WAFL bye last week, dunno about the week before

Excellent selections. Edwards was decent last week but there's no point playing three tall defenders against Essendon. I don't think Sheed is finished yet but he needs to murder the WAFL before he gets another go, and Brockman will be fine. Let's not forget Redden and Jetta sucked at first too, and they had a lot more experience than he does. Give him time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back