Prediction Round 6, 2024: Changes vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The week before he played reduced minutes, had few touches and butchered the ball multiple times.

Unless you are an absolute A grader i don't think you should be walking back into the side after 2 games in the WAFL when you have missed the pre season. Sheed is a defensively liability at the best of times because he is lazy and doesn't want to run both ways, let alone now when his fitness base will be well below what it normally is. He will cost us goals with his opponent running off him at will.

If you think he should he is such a great player that he should be picked regardless of his lack of fitness then state that and make a case for it.

Again, his coach complimented his defensive efforts on the weekend.

Sheed will be the sub which isn’t a bad way to reintroduce a player after a long layoff

I’d hoped Johnston would get a run as sub but I can see the reasoning for Sheed being used given he’s considered best 22 and they’d want to integrate him back into the side

Two weeks, albeit on managed minutes, is two weeks more in the WAFL than we’ve become accustomed to. I consider that a step in the right direction

The coach must have been stoked that he racked up a massive one tackle on the weekend…
It evened out his 10 metre kick into the East Fremantle guy on the mark which went back over his head for a goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On a scale of Jake Waterman to Steve Austin, in your opinion where does Sheed rate?

The idea would be for him to play an outside role that he doesnt need to be as accountable, not inside mid like hes been forced to play the last few years.
No chance he pushes out Yeo/Kelly/Reid/Ginbey from the main midfield rotation

I know plenty of players have had to be played out of position during our crazy injury run...

But let's not act like Sheed's attitude and defensive efforts weren't the actual WORST of a team that was full of CBF.
We all saw it. There's no recreating history on this one just because he's a GF hero.

It wasn't a Priddis/Gaff situation where the speed of the game had passed them by.
Sheed literally decided chasing and tackling wasn't his cup of tea and for some strange reason the club decided that was alright (that kick?).

And now that we're seeing that much improved effort and harder edge of the playing group we're going to go and mess with that by introducing a player that has become the epitome of the polar opposite of what we're wanting to see - I surely hope our coaching group has seen something different in his eye and know something we don't know...

or who knows - maybe we're trying to ensure one more season of higher draft picks before Tassie comes in...

On a scale of Jake Waterman to Steve Austin, in your opinion where does Sheed rate?

Depends which Steve Austin you’re referring to… stone cold or six million dollar man ?

who is Jack edwards?

Googled "Jack Edwards AFL" and said died 2014

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

An Eagles player that Phil thinks isn't physical enough.

Some people would assume Phil made an honest mistake, and mixed up Jack Williams and Luke Edwards but I know better.

He really doesn't rate Jack Edwards.

An Eagles player that Phil thinks isn't physical enough.

Some people would assume Phil made an honest mistake, and mixed up Jack Williams and Luke Edwards but I know better.

He really doesn't rate Jack Edwards.

Bjork, you're pushing this Jack Edwards stuff really hard. I sincerely hope it works out for you. 🤞

I know plenty of players have had to be played out of position during our crazy injury run...

But let's not act like Sheed's attitude and defensive efforts weren't the actual WORST of a team that was full of CBF.
We all saw it. There's no recreating history on this one just because he's a GF hero.

It wasn't a Priddis/Gaff situation where the speed of the game had passed them by.
Sheed literally decided chasing and tackling wasn't his cup of tea and for some strange reason the club decided that was alright (that kick?).

And now that we're seeing that much improved effort and harder edge of the playing group we're going to go and mess with that by introducing a player that has become the epitome of the polar opposite of what we're wanting to see - I surely hope our coaching group has seen something different in his eye and know something we don't know...

or who knows - maybe we're trying to ensure one more season of higher draft picks before Tassie comes in...
Well he either cuts the mustard or he doesn't?
If he's slow shyte he'll be found out on the big derby stage
and relegated back to Wafl....
Or, if he's considered best 22, maybe he'll show us why?
But if he's coming on as sub to get some game time,
wouldn't expect too much...take a couple of games at least - look at Darling, still trying to find his mojo stuffed inside that condom bodysuit with all those walnuts?

Last edited:
Sheed will be the sub which isn’t a bad way to reintroduce a player after a long layoff

I’d hoped Johnston would get a run as sub but I can see the reasoning for Sheed being used given he’s considered best 22 and they’d want to integrate him back into the side

Two weeks, albeit on managed minutes, is two weeks more in the WAFL than we’ve become accustomed to. I consider that a step in the right direction
My main issue with Sheed as the sub is Simmo noted in his weekly segment on 6pr that he's probably not ready for a full game. What happens if we have an injury in the first 10 min? Not like we never get in match injuries in a derby! Would rather Trew have been given the chance. If Dom or any player isn't fit enough for a full game shouldn't be the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't we ALREADY find that out over the past 3 seasons?

It’s a chance for him to play a role that doesn’t involve him being one of our best 2-3 mids on the ground.

Something he has had to do far too often in recent years.

He can play a role….and if he doesn’t, then he’ll go back out.

I think you are allowing your firm assumption that Dom Sheed was lazy and gave up trying to do anything difficult cloud your judgement here - but your axe is clearly ground and ready to go, so by all means, swing like mad if he doesn’t come to the party on Saturday.

My main issue with Sheed as the sub is Simmo noted in his weekly segment on 6pr that he's probably not ready for a full game. What happens if we have an injury in the first 10 min? Not like we never get in match injuries in a derby! Would rather Trew have been given the chance. If Dom or any player isn't fit enough for a full game shouldn't be the sub.

Yeah did not understand that , Trews been one of the consistent performers in the WAFL side , if he’s not getting a go now and he wasn’t gonna get a look in we may as well have delisted him and left that spot open for the ssp or mid season draft.

Yeah did not understand that , Trews been one of the consistent performers in the WAFL side , if he’s not getting a go now and he wasn’t gonna get a look in we may as well have delisted him and left that spot open for the ssp or mid season draft.
That’s exactly what we should have done, but you make your bed you lay in it. Total lack of foresight unless of course they were banking on a LTI…

Last edited:

He should have been delisted no doubt, he probably is only on an even keel with Gaff now in terms of selection like he was last year… he gets picked if we have no one else. Was pointless to redraft him

Is Long in danger of being dropped?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Would be surprised. He is building into some form. Especially with us starting to win center clearances and stoppages.

Playing HFF is one of the hardest positions on the ground, especially in a struggling team. And he does apply pressure and has been doing well in close with hands setting up goals for others.

So pressure acts and goal assists / scoring chain involvements are ok and getting better.

Lol i got carried away a little 🤣

The but hurt from Freo would be hilarious and almost worth a testie

Be very careful offering up testicles for a derby win. ;) :oops:

You may have noticed quite a few Dockers fans over the past 20 years walk around in a funny way. Like they have to stop themselves walking in circles.

Yep...you guessed it.

THEY DID give up a testie ( sometimes even two) to beat the Eagles in a derby. The ones who gave up two are harder to pick, they walk like their chewing on a minty and can be misconstrued.

ANYWAY........lets just temper any body harming practices until ..... well......its actually worth it!:$:thumbsu:

You might end up being mistaken for a Freo fan walking in circles!:joycat::joycat:

What role is Trew going to play?

The stunt Harleys development role by pushing him forward more because Trew isn’t great at any other role than inside mid?

The ‘I’m here to die playing on a HFF or wing completely out of position - but at least Waterman can have a week off as the whipping boy’?

Sheed can play wing and HFF at AFL standard. He has flaws in his game yes, but he also has strengths.

I think the fact he has had to work back through the WAFL whilst Edwards and Chesser are preferred (neither poor, but neither dominating either) shows where he is at.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s a chance for him to play a role that doesn’t involve him being one of our best 2-3 mids on the ground.

Something he has had to do far too often in recent years.

He can play a role….and if he doesn’t, then he’ll go back out.

I think you are allowing your firm assumption that Dom Sheed was lazy and gave up trying to do anything difficult cloud your judgement here - but your axe is clearly ground and ready to go, so by all means, swing like mad if he doesn’t come to the party on Saturday.
It's not an assumption. The amount of times he allowed the opposition to run right past him, or refused to chase/pressure was something I've rarely seen in the AFL.

Though I was encouraged to read the praise by the coach of his defensive efforts last weekend. Hopefully now that there's some competition for spots he will focus more on his 1%ers, as he's easily best 22.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back