Preview Round 5, 2024: Suns v Hawks, 7:30pm Sat 13th April, People First Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson, Rowell and Miller is a tough midfield brigade for Newk, Nash and Worps to be coming up against. And Meek will have his work cut out for him against Witts also. Hopefully they're competitive and keep building into form, and the team as a whole puts in a performance resembling last week's second half - even if it isn't enough to get the points in the end.

I think the boys have finally showed something in the second half so making changes wouldn't be ideal. Have the faith in them to keep the momentum going.

Also, just looking at win/loss and wanting changes for that reason could turn into a thumping and that is exactly not what we want either.
We've shown something in every game this year. Normally 1 to 2 quarters of really good footy, but otherwise we've pretty much been thrashed. Collingwood game was no different. 0-4 makes for pretty bleak reading, so dunno probably would've liked to see Gunston come in this week to bolster that forward line.

We've shown something in every game this year. Normally 1 to 2 quarters of really good footy, but otherwise we've pretty much been thrashed. Collingwood game was no different. 0-4 makes for pretty bleak reading, so dunno probably would've liked to see Gunston come in this week to bolster that forward line.
I was at the Dees game and from what I saw unfortunately Gunners looks well cooked.

He lead for a ball in the pocket at one stage and dropped a regulation mark that he would have snaffled in his prime.

He still has the smarts but he has lost the ability to get the yard separation from his opponent.

Anderson, Rowell and Miller is a tough midfield brigade for Newk, Nash and Worps to be coming up against. And Meek will have his work cut out for him against Witts also. Hopefully they're competitive and keep building into form, and the team as a whole puts in a performance resembling last week's second half - even if it isn't enough to get the points in the end.
Flanders is the one they really need to worry about. Rowell another Dangerfield, gets plenty of it and does nothing with it. Incredible courage but not great skills.
Other than Flanders, Witts is the real worry. When Anderson is BoG, its usually a domination by W

I was at the Dees game and from what I saw unfortunately Gunners looks well cooked.

He lead for a ball in the pocket at one stage and dropped a regulation mark that he would have snaffled in his prime.

He still has the smarts but he has lost the ability to get the yard separation from his opponent.
In fairness reckon 90% of the team looked cooked that game. As for dropping a regulation mark, welcome to the club, other than Hardwick, barely seen anyone take a grab inside 50 this year. He kicked 6 goals for Lions before getting injured so reckon he still has plenty to give.

Was the same for Box Hill until he moved up the field, where he was able to make a significant impact.

Going to be a massive test this one. Like most posters, never too confident playing the Suns up there. Hoping for another match full of positives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back